Recent Topics

Ads

X2 inf/renown/xp event

Let's talk about... everything else
Stahn123
Banned

X2 inf/renown/xp event

Post#1 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:53 pm

With the new change to crests, you are aware that anyone Pre 40 is now going to be completely screwed on crests, right? This will guarantee they'll out level the gear before they can buy it and thus complete bone them when it comes to bolster mechanics as their gear will be absolute crap?? Not saying get rid of it, but you might wanna consider how it affects things all around first. Unless you're in the last stages of the 30's and already have the gear to set yourself up for the 40 grind, you're basically about to get royally screwed. You'll out level and out renown gear before you can ever buy it. You'll either need to adjust crest drops as well or make some other adjustment or there is no point in playing any character that isn't about to move into Conq or better gear as you'll be shooting yourself in the foot and actually making it HARDER to play your characters.

Ads
Vegetaplays
Community Management

Re: X2 inf/renown/xp event

Post#2 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:47 am

If anything, on a new toon the gear outlevels me by a longshot, im level 35 on my sorc, and im already almost done with vanquisher, Getting gear is very easy, it just takes a bit of time and commitment.

Omegus

Post#3 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:03 am

Stahn123 wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:53 pm With the new change to crests, you are aware that anyone Pre 40 is now going to be completely screwed on crests, right? This will guarantee they'll out level the gear before they can buy it and thus complete bone them when it comes to bolster mechanics as their gear will be absolute crap?? Not saying get rid of it, but you might wanna consider how it affects things all around first. Unless you're in the last stages of the 30's and already have the gear to set yourself up for the 40 grind, you're basically about to get royally screwed. You'll out level and out renown gear before you can ever buy it. You'll either need to adjust crest drops as well or make some other adjustment or there is no point in playing any character that isn't about to move into Conq or better gear as you'll be shooting yourself in the foot and actually making it HARDER to play your characters.
Farming double XP/RR weekends always causes you to completely out-level your gear. The benefit is you are going to unlock your abilities and renown points early, not unlock your gear early.

And of course, once the weekend is over you can spend a week doing some PVE to get some suitable gear to wear before resuming the same token grind you were going to have to do anyway.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Stahn123
Banned

Post#4 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:41 am

Omegus wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:03 am
Stahn123 wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:53 pm With the new change to crests, you are aware that anyone Pre 40 is now going to be completely screwed on crests, right? This will guarantee they'll out level the gear before they can buy it and thus complete bone them when it comes to bolster mechanics as their gear will be absolute crap?? Not saying get rid of it, but you might wanna consider how it affects things all around first. Unless you're in the last stages of the 30's and already have the gear to set yourself up for the 40 grind, you're basically about to get royally screwed. You'll out level and out renown gear before you can ever buy it. You'll either need to adjust crest drops as well or make some other adjustment or there is no point in playing any character that isn't about to move into Conq or better gear as you'll be shooting yourself in the foot and actually making it HARDER to play your characters.
Farming double XP/RR weekends always causes you to completely out-level your gear. The benefit is you are going to unlock your abilities and renown points early, not unlock your gear early.

And of course, once the weekend is over you can spend a week doing some PVE to get some suitable gear to wear before resuming the same token grind you were going to have to do anyway.
You forget that the gear you out leveled has unlocks you can't bypass using pve gear, which just makes the exp gap even worse. This weekend event is basically for only those in the mid 30s and higher. Not really a complaint so much as a public service announcement and something the devs should consider when they do events like that.

Stahn123
Banned

Post#5 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:44 am

Vegetaplays wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:47 am If anything, on a new toon the gear outlevels me by a longshot, im level 35 on my sorc, and im already almost done with vanquisher, Getting gear is very easy, it just takes a bit of time and commitment.
I've made 3 new toons, and this has YET to be true for me. Glad it isn't an issue for some, but apparently for those who don't have a ton of time to play and complete weekly events due to the timing of the event vs day off schedule, it's not nearly as easy and exp gain is still a problem, this will do nothing but make it worse. But again, not a complaint, just something the devs should consider. Luckily, I have several toons in the 30s and 40s I can play on, but I'm sure not everyone does.

Gladiolix

Post#6 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:59 am

Don't play the event, play your geared alts or go buy XP reduction scrolls, problem solved. The non-issues people whine about is incredible.
LEGION OF PERKELE
Shaman - Gladiolix (rr86)
Black Orc - Oomiestompa (rr85)
Squig Herder - Bluglog (rr85)
Choppa - Poliisi (rr84)

KoBS rr70+, BW rr70+, WP rr60+

Brakh

Post#7 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:29 am

Interesting topic, was curious myself about the xp/rr/crest distribution after recent changes. I have created new char, took me like 3-4 weeks of casual game (3days ingame total) to reach 40lv with 58RR and crests enough for buying single oppresor (or vanq equivalent) set with blue 2h weapon + genesis jewelary set. Played mainly solo oRvR.

Stahn123
Banned

Post#8 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:59 pm

Gladiolix wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:59 am Don't play the event, play your geared alts or go buy XP reduction scrolls, problem solved. The non-issues people whine about is incredible.
Scroll will cut it, but you'll still end up getting more than you would without it. And again, it wasn't a complaint as stated twice BEFORE your comment. Perhaps read...if you can? :mrgreen: Seriously though, do read before commenting. I'm trying to give the devs something to consider granted how they just changed the entire game and the ability to level up when planning events like this in the future. It's for the games betterment, not a complaint. Maybe you should try to provide some positive feedback instead of complaining someone is trying to make things BETTER for EVERYONE? The point is to get them to consider how it affects everyone and to consider their new changes along with it. It's very possible to make things work together, it just takes a new angle of thought and I'm trying to get them to see that and come up with their own ideas since they've blatantly told us they will not take ours, but you'd know that if you read their posts. They have to literally decide it for themselves, and they won't see certain issues if it's not brought to their attention.

Ads
Akalukz

Post#9 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:49 pm

would be an issue if they didn't have xp decrease scrolls.
-= Agony =-

saupreusse
Developer

Post#10 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:09 am

Outleveling gear just really isnt a thing tbh. You can get full conq + full vanq in 2 weeks of casual playtime. A single city win can give you enough crests to buy several vanq pieces. So the worst thing that could happen to you is being stuck in vanq for a while (which is absolutely fine).