Ads

BG vs IB - help me decide

Let's talk about... everything else
Allistarj

BG vs IB - help me decide

Post#1 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:39 am

Hello everyone

Iv been trying to decide on what to play between BG and IB

i like the mechanics of the classes and iv played them both to around 30. my question is what is the better option for endgame?

any advice ?

Ty in advance :)

Ads
Everdin

Re: BG vs IB - help me decide

Post#2 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:15 am

If you just want to be a buffbot for a slayer or other mdps -> IB
If you want it more simple to maintain your mechanic, buff you friends and have good offensive utility -> BG

Edit: Just check some topics here in the forum compare both, IB disadvantage is not even close. (yeah yeah, i know, "IB has crit buff and slayer has rampage, order just crying, bla bla...")
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Mruvka

Post#3 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:13 am

Black Guards get my vote hands down - superior knockback, dependable outgoing heal debuff, lots of damage. Always wanted in any mode, much less APM needed to be effective when compared to IB.

Finally, a much bigger visual target than IB. A lot of people play this down, but this might make the BG a better tank in practice.
Titillation - 82 RR WL
Shibboleth - 81 RR WP
Mrun - 20 RR IB

tazdingo

Post#4 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:11 am

bg is far superior to ib right now. the superpunt can straight up carry some scs, best m1 in game, great (if niche) m2 and also one of the only viable specced tank m4s that might as well read "you and your group cannot die for 10 secs." bg has less issues with mechanic points than ib and the endless pursuit/elite training combo is slept on too. you also have really easy access to avoidance and toughness

ib has slightly better oath friend buffs, the ability to spec flat dmg resists and can spec for bgs m1 in their bad mid tree and that's pretty much it

Allistarj

Post#5 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:16 am

I really appriciate all your imput.

it just seems that utilitywise the BG is better, but dmg the IB is stronger? so far what iv seen playing so far

Kpi

Post#6 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:12 am

BG is a great tank, and IB is the worst tank in game...
BG have better damage, better resistance, best punt in game, better KD, better M4, better utility for WB than IB
The only good thing of the IB is he is a dwarf

If u like play in easy mode, play BG, if u like play in harder, play an IB
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

tazdingo

Post#7 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:19 am

i think calling either bg or ib easy mode is a little disingenuous, bg may be better but still takes a lot of work to get the best out of it

Kpi

Post#8 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:29 am

tazdingo wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:19 am i think calling either bg or ib easy mode is a little disingenuous, bg may be better but still takes a lot of work to get the best out of it
Try to play an IB in order... every WB/Group look for KOTBs and SM, only picks IB because there are not SM or KOTBS available. You will be always a last resource... u haven't got any WB utility with 2H. Ther only WB utility is if u play with shield, and use Told ya so tactic, no 2h utility. A BG haven't this problems.

So yes, BG is easy mode
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

Ads
sundey

Post#9 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:40 am

Sadly this is the consequence of one class having been a pet project and the other barely being touched over the years, on top of the common pattern of balance changes being made that then have knock-on effects that lead to them either being undone, other classes/abilities being nuked, or the class being (relatively) OP for whatever length of time.

tazdingo

Post#10 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:09 pm

Kpi wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:29 am
tazdingo wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:19 am i think calling either bg or ib easy mode is a little disingenuous, bg may be better but still takes a lot of work to get the best out of it
Try to play an IB in order... every WB/Group look for KOTBs and SM, only picks IB because there are not SM or KOTBS available. You will be always a last resource... u haven't got any WB utility with 2H. Ther only WB utility is if u play with shield, and use Told ya so tactic, no 2h utility. A BG haven't this problems.

So yes, BG is easy mode

you're giving "easy" an odd context. both are challenging to play and very demanding if you want to get the most out of them. the difference is that for all of that effort, ib still sucks and bg is great. a bg properly using all of their tools is debatably better than a chosen in many situations whereas a kotbs pressing 3 buttons will always be more useful than an ib player who has hit the skill ceiling. therein lies the problem with the class as i see it