Recent Topics

Ads

[WP] Salvation WP Guide

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Scottx125

Re: [WP] Salvation WP Guide

Post#21 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:49 pm

WP is not ideal for roaming or kiting as it's a very immobile healer. If you want to do more kiting I'd go AM or RP.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Ads
githappens

Post#22 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:58 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:49 pm WP is not ideal for roaming or kiting as it's a very immobile healer. If you want to do more kiting I'd go AM or RP.
As someone who had 80+ WP, RP, Zealot and 70+ AM and Shaman. I can tell you WP is excellent healer for roaming as is DoK. Maybe not as good as it used to be before Supplication was fixed, but still good :roll:

Nameless

Post#23 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:58 pm

I was using siphon but switched to fm. Wp just dont have many def tools beside the higher armor and low cast times.

Ams got aoe slow, 360 aoe knockback based on intel, 2 detaunts which give them chance to build some distance with some minor help.

Rp got tactic that halves cc, dmg reduce skill, 360 aoe knockback based on intel not huge amount of def tools but still some.
Wp on other hands got only 5 sec long aoe detaunt (imo should be 7 if not reverted to 15 like at live), frontal knockback based on strength so parry negates it, basically that it is.
So fm is needed to build some distance, survive pulls and move more freely since sh moral slow, bg slow, shammy puddles and dok slow proc are everywhere around you
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Scottx125

Post#24 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:20 pm

The problem with WP in roaming, is yes. It can work. But a WP is about sustained healing. It's burst healing is extremely limited due limited ST heals and expensive group AoE heals. Not to mention the fact WP primarily regen their RF via smite. Which doesn't work well in small scale. So you have to sit around supplicating which from 60RF takes 4s+. Meanwhile your team is rushing ahead attacking destro and you can easily fall behind, get KD'd and killed. Sure you could argue your group should stick together, but because the WP is kneeling on the ground supplicating and stopping every few seconds to cast a direct heal. You're compromising the ability for your group to kite and chase down targets.

AMs and RPs don't have this problem as badly, primarily because they use AP instead of RF. Meaning they can spam their abilities if the group is made well with little to no downtime. And RP can cast loads of their abilities on the move. Also AM's bring puddle for slows both for escaping and catching targets.. WP doesn't bring the utility in that situation and is a ball and chain for the group if they look after you.

Doing so as a Grace WP might be better. But this guide is for Salvation WP's, not Grace.

I'll be brutally honest here. WP is probably the worst healer on order. Not to say it's bad. It's in a decent state. But compare it to the other healers in an ideal scenario. For WP your ideal setup is a knight with your 15% healing increase, RP with your 20% increased healing received and your own heal increase buff, giving you 55% increased healing which is great(not exactly but just for arguments sake). Then you have for AM 2x SM (or 1SM 1 Knight) and a RP. Whispering Winds is an amazing buff for AMs as it turns their 2.5s cast into 1.25 meaning their only limited by the GCD like WP is for it's AoE heal. It also makes EoV castable more which is arguably stronger than Martyrs Blessing. If you have 2 SM's you can have Whispering Winds running constantly... An AM for group healing is slightly weaker than the WP, you put in 1 Whispering Wind they're stronger, if you put in 2... They're OP.

RP's are fantastic at their role, ST healing. They can cast on the move making them mobile (which is funny for a dwarf) and have a few survival/defensive tools. They obviously won't out heal a WP or AM as they're not AoE focused, but they increase the healing of both of the other order healers, provide lots of protection and do more ST direct healing than the other healers.

The one key strength of a WP is that on it's own it's the strongest group healer, plus it has an amazing wounds buff. If you need a strong group/WB healer, drop a WP in the group and you've got it. You can make it stronger with a good setup, but likewise with the AM a good setup makes it super strong.
Last edited by Scottx125 on Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Now a member of Oath.

githappens

Post#25 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:39 pm

WP has insane utlity. It pains me you don't see it. Most basic would be: Group cleanse, while you can argue AM has group cleanse as well, however AM can't cleanse Curses (hello Word of Pain). WP also brings wounds buff, so you don't need wounds liniments. Whole kit makes WP perfect for more melee oriented groups, as you can stick with them better than for example AM (whos better for ranged groups).

Grace for roaming groups sucks, as you can't really heal while kiting at all w/o Book.

Scottx125

Post#26 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:44 pm

githappens wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:39 pm WP has insane utlity. It pains me you don't see it. Most basic would be: Group cleanse, while you can argue AM has group cleanse as well, however AM can't cleanse Curses (hello Word of Pain). WP also brings wounds buff, so you don't need wounds liniments. Whole kit makes WP perfect for more melee oriented groups, as you can stick with them better than for example AM (whos better for ranged groups).
I don't cleanse for the primary reason of never being able to out cleanse the application of curses. I'm not joking. We had a big argument about this in my guild but after WPs stopped cleansing and started focusing on powering through with heals, our survival went up. Btw this guide isn't for small scale, it's for WB vs WB fights generally. And when you're in those situations, stopping to cleanse for 1.5s rather than group heal will probably kill your group. In small scale cleansing makes more sense, but in larger scale the rate of dots and curses being applied it's impossible to keep up with. Even in small scale I don't slot aoe cleanse, because either your HoTs can sustain the damage or you'd be better off group healing if the damage pressure is that high. And your ST cleanse should be enough to get you through most issues.
Spoiler:
Now a member of Oath.

githappens

Post#27 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:23 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:44 pm
githappens wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:39 pm WP has insane utlity. It pains me you don't see it. Most basic would be: Group cleanse, while you can argue AM has group cleanse as well, however AM can't cleanse Curses (hello Word of Pain). WP also brings wounds buff, so you don't need wounds liniments. Whole kit makes WP perfect for more melee oriented groups, as you can stick with them better than for example AM (whos better for ranged groups).
I don't cleanse for the primary reason of never being able to out cleanse the application of curses. I'm not joking. We had a big argument about this in my guild but after WPs stopped cleansing and started focusing on powering through with heals, our survival went up. Btw this guide isn't for small scale, it's for WB vs WB fights generally. And when you're in those situations, stopping to cleanse for 1.5s rather than group heal will probably kill your group. In small scale cleansing makes more sense, but in larger scale the rate of dots and curses being applied it's impossible to keep up with. Even in small scale I don't slot aoe cleanse, because either your HoTs can sustain the damage or you'd be better off group healing if the damage pressure is that high. And your ST cleanse should be enough to get you through most issues.
Since WP cleanse both Curses and Hexes, if you don't cleanse on CD, then your party/WB drown in following:
  • Armor Debuff (Horrific Wound - BG - Hex)
  • Incoming Heal Debuff (Can't Stop Da Chopp - Choppa - Curse)
  • Outgoing Heal Debuff (Soul Killer - BG - Hex)
  • Wounds Debuff (Blast Wave - Chosen - Curse)
  • Cooldown Increaser (Indigestion - Squig Herder - Hex)
  • +10% chance to be crit (Crimson Death - Black Guard - Hex)
  • DoTs that stack over time and turn fluff damage into big numbers as they add up and lots of other harmful debuffs.
Good luck healing with all that stuck together on your party.

Nameless

Post#28 » Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:24 am

imo group cleanse on WP is fantastic cos your cast times and cds give you time easilly to use cleanse in your rotation which is much more harder on AM cos higher cast time (btw cleanse should be made to use ap to balance rf/ap ratio more...).

Wounds buff is good on paper but got shattered quite often so it is good but i would take dok slow covenant any day beside that buff.

Prayers are lacking, devs should change at least armor prayer to become - armor penetration instead of pure armor that doesnt stack with must have armor pots

But i agree about wp being lacking compare other healers mainly cos rf mechanic limit somehow your playstyle while other healers could cast kinda limitless. And the problem is not that WP is weak but some bugs that unintended buffed backline healers (heal ritual procing everything is huge, eov cast on move also) and some minor nerf on wp

ps RP got better sustain heal than wp, AM got better ST heal/protection than wp. WP got way better look than backline healers
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Ads
Scottx125

Post#29 » Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:33 am

githappens wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:23 pm
Since WP cleanse both Curses and Hexes, if you don't cleanse on CD, then your party/WB drown in following:
  • DoTs that stack over time and turn fluff damage into big numbers as they add up and lots of other harmful debuffs.
As I said, there's no way to actually keep on top of it. I've been playing WP now for over 3 years as my main. You can't out cleanse the debuffs. Your cleanse has a 5s CD, BG hex arguably the most horrible one has 0 CD. They can sit on you and spam it and there's nothing you can do. If it works for you, run cleanse. For me I can pump crazy heal numbers without it.
Spoiler:
Now a member of Oath.

githappens

Post#30 » Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:02 am

Scottx125 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:33 am
githappens wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:23 pm
As I said, there's no way to actually keep on top of it. I've been playing WP now for over 3 years as my main. You can't out cleanse the debuffs. Your cleanse has a 5s CD, BG hex arguably the most horrible one has 0 CD. They can sit on you and spam it and there's nothing you can do. If it works for you, run cleanse. For me I can pump crazy heal numbers without it.
Healing isn't just about pumping crazy numbers (and despite spamming cleanse on GCD I used to be heal champ in 95% cities I've played), but preventing people from dying, feeding them AP, removing snares and CD increasers so they can fight efficiently.
Try to look at cleanse group differently. Imagine someone in your group has ST debuff, some are affected AoE DoT/debuffs, if you cleanse that ST debuff you will also cleanse stuff from others. It means you just traded your 1 GCD for 1 GCD of person who applied ST debuff (that probably had longer CD than your cleanse btw) and also removed other DoTs/debuffs from other people gaining bigger GCD efficiency, trading one your own GCD for GCD of multiple people. As fight goes on, you keep "trading" GCDs in your favour reducing their damage output greatly, making it much easier to heal in long term.

Cleansing stuff and feeding AP to people are two main purposes for picking WP over any other healer. Yet you don't recommend Refreshing Radiance for warband play, which is beyond my understanding, as mDPS is always lacking AP since RP uses healing ritual over AP ritual...

Oh, and btw your co-healer RP can't self cleanse Soul Killer...