Recent Topics

Ads

Any ideas to bring back players?

Let's talk about... everything else
elykz

Re: Any ideas to bring back players?

Post#61 » Sat May 28, 2022 8:39 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 4:33 pm Yes, at 36+ you have genesis set and other items like epic quest weapons. What I said was proper bolster usage counters this advantage.
You know.. theory and practice.. :-)
Joining with a group has a far bigger impact than your rank.
Sure, it does, but tell that to newcomers, that knows nothing about the game and nobody in it. Facing groups of min-maxing experienced having
all their abilities, much higher rr, and more effective gear.

"Stop dying ! Get a group ! Get your expensive pots and talis with the money you don't have yet ! Where are your best in slot items for your level?? Noob !
Stop finding excuses for dying, you're bolstered !" :P

Yeah, sure, you will be right. But at the end of the day, that player, that could have invested more time into learning its class and
the game in a slightly bit less hostile environment, will be gone.

And dying, for the game at least, will start becoming an option.

Ads
Valarion

Post#62 » Sat May 28, 2022 9:28 pm

shakakka wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 8:59 am This sounds crazy. But I would love to hear peoples opinion. What if the server was put on Steam? Is this even even feasible using Steam Direct?
https://partner.steamgames.com/steamdirect

Now I'm NOT talking about putting Warhammer online on steam... But a application that runs the RoR website so people can download the RoR client as is in the browser currently. Maybe adding a Addon downloads section and "State of the Realm" Viewer as part of this app so it has more function then just downloading the game.

Also Warhammer online no longer has a store page on Steam. It still has a small community page Valve has left open.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/17420/

Please keep it civil. Its just a thought. :D

Thanks,
Shakakka

Good idea in a perfect world, but its not a wise decision to place this on steam.

Placing anything that close to the commercial marketplace side is just going to bring the Games Workshop/EA sledgehammer down on us. These two companies are well known for their extraordinary and often times nonsensical protection of their intellectual property even if it screws over fans.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

ismetto

Post#63 » Sat May 28, 2022 10:12 pm

I will write soon..
Live Server Karak Azgal / Norn - Ismetto
RR8X Punisher (Da Magnog Killa)
Youtube

Zento

Post#64 » Sun May 29, 2022 7:21 am

First i have a few ideas to hold new players WAR is not really beginner friendly:

- T1 is boring and most Time Dead please give new Chars until they hit EXP Rank 16 2x or 3x EXP, Renown and Crests for faster leveling. ( I think most of the new players ending at T1 because they thinking, that the Server is dead).
- Give every new Char a complete lvle 2 or 3 set in the inventory and bring some Talimerchants to the first chapter and Warcams that selling white stones. (at least narrows the gap between alts an new players a little)
- Give Core mechanics how revival, guard, stealth, hdl, charge etc, direct with lvl 1 and not 10 please ends the 2 class society at T1 or different possibility bring T2 back and gives this mechanics with entering T2.
- Not all new players knows, that WAR is a PVP Game or they would enjoy the PVE or they want lvl faster ( yeah if you looking on the RR that can be a loooooong time) so you can give chars, that hit exp 40 automaticlly RR 40 too. So they can do what they wan´t and are not hopelessly lost at T4. This is good to bring eventuelly a little life back to the PVE Zones.

Bring back players:

- Nerv ALL AOE in the Game make single target great again.
- Remove Pulls from the game.
- we have massive class unbalance please mirror the classes first and then you can go about it again and give 2-3 different skills.
- The Mechanic with this supply boxes is boring there be better ways to gives fun back to bos.
- More upgrades for keeps, harder doors, harder boss, more npcs, champ npcs, more weapons, spawn a ram, second boss etc. get away from the star system.
- Fortress fights actually are a joke why you gives Bos there? The legendary fights for the doors we dont have it. At the moment you can def a zero star keep better than the last bastion the fortress ha ha here is all for the attackers why?

I have many many more points but i stop here with the most important point for me. The Xrealming! It is always "nice" to see how the population changed in a very short time, faild keep siege, a guild start running etc. that all ends in PVD... what a fun. It´s war you can´t play on both sides.....!

But if you want a fuller Server, than working on many things, test it wiht the community an than do that, what other games do too after the alpha. Wipe all. Is annoying for many but a normal process.

Lion1986

Post#65 » Sun May 29, 2022 8:45 am

they could add NPC in bo that gie quests to empower keep instead of amazon delivery simulator (pretty much like vanilla wow 1.3 alterac valley quests)

Zilasss

Post#66 » Sun May 29, 2022 9:00 am

As a new player you have about 4-5 gold when you reach lv 16 and have only done pvp and a few pvp quests.
Then you are thrown into the big PvP with a 25% speed mount. The next mount costs 10 gold in the city.
The result is that you can't keep up with any group and are mercilessly slaughtered.
This mount system needs to be reworked, and the best thing would be to remove the useless 25% speed mount altogether.

tomato

Post#67 » Sun May 29, 2022 3:43 pm

Revert gcd change.

Game pace is for 60+ year olds now.

Sulorie

Post#68 » Sun May 29, 2022 3:46 pm

tomato wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 3:43 pm Revert gcd change.

It was a bandaid fix, which isn't coming back.
Now you have more ap regen and should be able to spam even more skills. You got a finger, don't take the hand.
Dying is no option.

Ads
tomato

Post#69 » Sun May 29, 2022 4:40 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 3:46 pm
tomato wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 3:43 pm Revert gcd change.

It was a bandaid fix, which isn't coming back.
Now you have more ap regen and should be able to spam even more skills. You got a finger, don't take the hand.
It's not about spamming skills but about bursting with cc combination. Change encourages spamming over burst gameplay, fundamentally the wrong direction for the game.

Truelyyy

Post#70 » Sun May 29, 2022 4:50 pm

1. A casual/new player is likely to venture out into RvR solo and they will be faced with being hunted by WH/WE. It's a tricky one but I think their invis skill should have a something like a 10s duration. For me in general the way people just go around solo ganking with them kind of goes against the what I consider the ethos of largescale PvP.
2. Make city/SC rewards closer for winners and losers so it's worth going for the less skilled players. If a city is a complete stomp allow one side to leave or surrender rather than dragging out the inevitable. I win most of my SCs which makes me realise there must by others that have the opposite experience so grinding them out with such little rewards for losing must feel bad.
3. Maybe some anti-zerg mechics in RvR. Many times lately I've seen multiple WBs just follow each other. So possibly some strong debuffs when more than 1 warband have been together for extended period of time.
4. Following on from point 3 - on many maps zerging happens because the maps are so small. I heard it may not be possible but have new maps or expanding the existing RvR maps so they are larger.
5. One of my best experiences was once a keep was taken in RVR but then the BOs got contested for the next 20 minutes before they could get a zone lock. Something around making the BOs even more important for general RvR gameplay to get more open combat to take place rather than people hising in WC and keep. Maybe rewards based such as getting all BOs results in gaining warcreasts or something, just spitballing ideas.
6. Anything to help maintain RvR balance. For example cross realming always allowed to a side with AAO + you get bonuses for the next x minutes for doing so.
7. Double XP from lvls 1-20, I recently levelled up my DoK and the lower level gameplay on some classes such as DoK can be a pretty bad experience.
8. Perhaps a brand new account on their first character gets 50 gold to get them going.
9. Give ranked a purpose again, unique rewards/achievements only earnable in ranked.
10. Maybe change the SC queing system so that solo queue and party queue are completely seperate.
11. RvR death buff, this will help out pug groups if they keep getting wiped they get stronger until they get some kills which then removes the buff.

I actually think the overall class balance of the game is in a healthy state and new ideas should be around things that aren't just class balance requests.
Last edited by Truelyyy on Sun May 29, 2022 5:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.