Recent Topics

Ads

State of IB

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
kmark101

Re: State of IB

Post#21 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:43 am

IB is the worst Order tank but still somewhat fun to play. The fun comes mostly when you overcome someone because you are super underpowered and it's great if an underpowered class kills someone.

As others pointed out, when ppl say its "best tank with so many stuffs" and list those skills you immediately know that those players never played an IB and just read the career builder. You can't use half of those skills in the same build, yet you can use even less skills in game due to their actual duration, which is extremely short. IB is also the only tank that has no armor bypass skill, so its damage is naturally worse than others (armor debuff skills don't take people below the armor cap anymore, the game and gear has evolved beyond this point, while the skill value remained the same).

But, every tank is useful in the game, so having a weak tank is still a lot better than having no tank. If you only put up guard on a slayer you already contributed a lot to your team.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

Ads
Nickwahh5

Post#22 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:52 am

Gargis wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:44 pm Good to guard mdps and provide Oathbound. Armor buff is nice, and overwrites an armor pot, but provides only about 1-2% more mitigation. The toughness buff is overwritten by Knights.

The reality of the situation, you can be either a good buffer with s/b or decent dps with 2H. You can't do both worth a damn, and that is where its very bad tank.

The BG is far far superior. It can debuff and dps at the same time. The IB can't.

If you want to run 2H spec, go Knight after the patch.
Why in God's name do they have buffs that are immediately overwritten by pots or Knights.

Why is there such a discrepancy between BG and IB? I understand that RoR is straying away from mirror classes but it's obvious these two get compared with each other. With how their buffs aren't the best, and get overwritten. To the other factions BG class being far superior. I just don't see how IB is not buffed any sooner.

Btw the patch notes aren't final and Devs have stated this. So I'm sure we can see good changes, hopefully.

Cyrylius

Post#23 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:42 am

Main issue of ib in the order warband/party is not that ib is bad, its that other tanks are massively overloaded. Kotbs provides more utility than you would playing church organ on your keyboard by just existing in a party (and it's also partially overlapping with what you do, to make it more fun) and SM brings winds which is basically enabler of AM healer on top of having a bunch of minor but vital utility pieces - AoE interrupt and pounce/AoE punt, to name a few. Still, after providing winds to all AMs just like in destruction warbands getting one or two IBs is optimal for the AoE slow, just because it's the only one available for large scale (not counting puddles). In smallscale, while kotbs still out classes both alternatives especially with utility, IB and SM have much more even talking ground as SM lacks a normal punt, and ib is the only armor debuffing tank complementing slayer based compositions very well. Still, as I mentioned, since SM still has a spot in situations in which overwhelming damage its valued, they are probably better, brings more to orvr and 24v24 warband alike and is superior for solo roaming ib is probably actually the worst order tank - however, as opposed to blork on destro, not a bad one despite that.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Tesq

Post#24 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:57 am

Likely at lest 1-2 min desired for comp wb but any unorganized will take whatever, snare and oath buff and snares clease are ideal for guard wb leaders.

Atm all tank in s+b are valid for wbs with the exept s+b bg which is 2h or go home, with the exception of fort moral push.

Also ib share similarities with chosen other than bg

Cyrylius

Post#25 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:15 am

Tesq wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:57 am Likely at lest 1-2 min desired for comp wb but any unorganized will take whatever, snare and oath buff and snares clease are ideal for guard wb leaders.

Atm all tank in s+b are valid for wbs with the exept s+b bg which is 2h or go home, with the exception of fort moral push.

Also ib share similarities with chosen other than bg
SnB bg is also viable as ohd bot. But yes, its definitely not an optimal pick aside from mid tree m4 in most cases.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

PeterMore

Post#26 » Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:35 pm

IB just need some minimal details like increase the buff of Watch An' Learn to 20 sec and make Runic Shield absorb magical/spiritual damage.
After that, still the best tank of bought sides

Farrul

Post#27 » Sun Sep 03, 2023 3:52 pm

Watch'learn is a special buff and fine imho at 10 sec duration, what IB need is:

- Rising Anger tactic removed and effect made core to match the BG mirror effect.

- Ancestors fury & Oathbound increased to 15-20 seconds.

- Earthshatter snare effect not ignoring ( yes a fix/nerf) targets avoidance.

- Runic shield absorb all damage to match other tank classes absorb abilities. The cost of it could be slightly lowered as well. Resource effect can stay as it is.

I fearIB may always be overshadowed by Knight's auras and SM whispering wind utility but some quality of life buffs have been long overdue.

PeterMore

Post#28 » Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:15 pm

Farrul wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 3:52 pm Watch'learn is a special buff and fine imho at 10 sec duration, what IB need is:

- Rising Anger tactic removed and effect made core to match the BG mirror effect.

- Runic shield absorb all damage to match other tank classes absorb abilities. The cost of it could be slightly lowered as well. Resource effect can stay as it is.

I fearIB may always be overshadowed by Knight's auras and SM whispering wind utility but some quality of life buffs have been long overdue.
- Watch'learn is lacking when IB play AP pump.
I never played BG but i understood that in the game doesnt exists mirror classes.

- Rising Anger tactic make almost perma 100 grudges when 2H. I don't know how it is with BG.

-Very agree with Ancestors, Oathbound and Earthshatter.

-Runic Shield same price, absorb all type damage. Maybe add price in BG??

Like i said imho, just need little details.
Overshadowed? Everybody should put a IB in their life.

Peace.

Ads
Sinisterror

Post#29 » Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:34 am

PeterMore wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:15 pm
Farrul wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 3:52 pm Watch'learn is a special buff and fine imho at 10 sec duration, what IB need is:

- Watch'learn is lacking when IB play AP pump.
I never played BG but i understood that in the game doesnt exists mirror classes.

- Rising Anger tactic make almost perma 100 grudges when 2H. I don't know how it is with BG.

-Very agree with Ancestors, Oathbound and Earthshatter.

-Runic Shield same price, absorb all type damage. Maybe add price in BG??

Like i said imho, just need little details.
Overshadowed? Everybody should put a IB in their life.

Peace.
" Rising Anger tactic make almost perma 100 grudges when 2H. I don't know how it is with BG. " The problem is, IB needs Rising Anger Tactic to get Grudges when doing dmg to enemy. BG gets Hate for doing dmg to enemy WITHOUT Tactic. It works like this because Dark Protector didnt exist for BG back in the beginning. People complained, gave Dark Protector to BG but didnt give IB grudge on hit without tactic.

Watch an Learn would be OP with 20 sec duration. Ancestors fury/Oathbound 15-20 second duration for sure would make IB alot better there already is not enough time for IB to do dmg if you want to keep all the buffs Up. Avengin the Debt in theory is better than the old version of it, Used Grudge and did alot of dmg and you got health if you dealth killing blow vs now it frees all the snares and heals for them.

Well in practice IB does not have any time for new skills that doesnt do dmg only buffs. 2H IB is basically is 3 tactic version of 2h BG who gets to use 4 tactics.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Ruin

Post#30 » Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:48 am

I think i proposed this earlier but, to make IB useful we need Oath friend and Ancestors Fury, to also deal damage, similarly to what BO “Rock ‘Ard” do, or make those those abilities castable out of global cooldown. That would be a good starting step to “Making IB Great Again”.