Recent Topics

Ads

Ranked Season 6

Let's talk about... everything else
Vance

Re: Ranked Season 6

Post#21 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:16 pm

Haojin wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:22 pm
tvbrowntown wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:18 am delete ranked. failed experiment.
ranked leaderboard along with the killboard is one of the coolest things on ror.
failed part of solo ranked is; 6v6 is very individual dependant game mode which is totally oximoron of being "solo", especially on low playerbase. to make it work, people somehow unwillingly need to join "voice comms" by providing their real life phone numbers. not mentioning that griefers butchering games for a long time without any kind of moderation. also x faction teaming up is just a desparate attempt to make game mode alive, which is also absurd af (you automatically lose/win with certain matchups for example).

i'd honestly merge ranked with normal scenarios at this point and rename it "normal" ranked. for 6v6, i'd just increase rewards and keep it as it is.

This! Totally agreed.
Vance | Leechking
Preferred Playstyle 6vX (AAO Fights)

Guild-Group Player Verzweiflung | Despair
"We bring [Despair] :twisted:"

Ads
Azhag

Post#22 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:22 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:47 pm Not soon, still working on framework. There will be some disruptive changes before a proper balance patch if that'll work for you.
Does this also mean that we won't get a new ranked season until August 2023? Or was it just a random date to keep it from starting?

Asmunder — 83+ IB
Asmundor — 82+ Chosen
Asmundus — 78+ KotBS
Asmundarion — 75+ SM
Asmundag — 73+ BO

And lots of other Asmund* toons.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#23 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:53 pm

Azhag wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:22 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:47 pm Not soon, still working on framework. There will be some disruptive changes before a proper balance patch if that'll work for you.
Does this also mean that we won't get a new ranked season until August 2023? Or was it just a random date to keep it from starting?
I don't have a lot of input on what is happening with ranked. It's probably a placeholder while they figure out what changes they want to make.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Martok

Post#24 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:13 pm

In all cerealness Ranked can be fun and I feel should be continued. The problem with ranked as a format is the inherent toxicity manifested when one side or the other loses. Which, of course, one side or the other always does.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Lilim

Post#25 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:45 pm

Hey,

due to the upcoming big big ability changes, the 6th season for ranked was temporary postponed to 29/08/2023.
Because Dalen is currently fixing and digging deep inside the big pile of Abilities that Mythic has leftbehind.
So we can't maintain the ranked content at the moment.

So we are still in preseason 6 for a quite while, but bare in mind, once the ability system is up and running, we can start a new season.

Cardiff

Post#26 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:53 pm

Thanks for all the replies and clarity on the situation. So in summary, Ranked Season 6 was due to start on Mon 29 Aug 2022 and last 2-3 months, but because a big update to abilities would fall in the middle of the season it was postponed until 2023. So the update should land in next 2-3 months and after a bit of testing a new date for Season 6 will be set?

Lilim

Post#27 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:54 pm

Cardiff wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:53 pm Thanks for all the replies and clarity on the situation. So in summary, Ranked Season 6 was due to start on Mon 29 Aug 2022 and last 2-3 months, but because a big update to abilities would fall in the middle of the season it was postponed until 2023. So the update should land in next 2-3 months and after a bit of testing a new date for Season 6 will be set?
hey,

yeah so more or less that's right! :D

Cardiff

Post#28 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:07 pm

Thanks! Looking forward to all the balance changes this winter and new Season when it starts.

Ads