Recent Topics

Ads

[Mac OS] How to Install Return of Reckoning V.2

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
gyps

Re: [Mac OS] How to Install Return of Reckoning V.2

Post#41 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:53 pm

kxd wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:47 pm
gyps wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:08 pm
kxd wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:44 pm hello, I'm taking a chance in this tread, I just came back to warhammer after long years of absence, nd after following the instructions in this tread, everything is fine until after the launch. I find myself at the menu page, unable to click on anything. I can't even pass the user terms & agreements. like my mouse isn't working. I can't scroll down the menu and get accepted. is this a fixable problem? anyone have a solution? my mac is an imac 2021 M1 pro, 32gb memory, currently in Ventura.
Which of the two methods did you use?

Anyway I'd try a repair option first, in the client just click on settings "gear wheel" on the top right corner, then click repair, close and reopen.

Even if the problem sounds more like a compatibility issue between your current mouse / macos and wine, another "test" could be trying out another mouse (a normal 3 button one for example)
i used the first method. everything worked perfectly. was able to download all the content, launcher worked and when i get to the in game menu, I get the warhammer cursor, however i can’t scroll down or click on anything. as if it wasn’t on screen, although the cursor is moving. even my touchpad doesn’t work (might not work at all you tell me) tried changing it to windows mode with command+F but it didn’t work. i’ll try your method. thanks!
This problem appeared in some users and seems to be related to the trial version of Crossover, as soon as you install final version problem is gone, still a mistery to me what is missing even If I think the trial version ain't triggering a permit request to operate under macos.

Ads
Pelic

Post#42 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:18 pm

gyps wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:40 pm Alternative installing method.

Ok I've created what its called a "wine wrapper" which is a bundle with all the needed software already installed and ready to run, eventually this method will end up being the easier and will replace the previous.

[...]
Hi,
A huge thank you for that ! It's as easy as .. double clic on the .app ! The game is running smooth and fluid (the only tiny drawback is that i can"t see my cursor over NPC...but i don't really care)

I tried first to run the game with the new version of VMWare (i thought it was supposed to get graphic acceleration), the game launches but still can't get any GPU acceleration at all, no more than 5FPS :D

Thanks again for your work (i might be able to pull 1 or 2 mates with that installer :twisted: )

(MBPro 2022 M2 8Gb)

Cheers!

gyps

Post#43 » Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:47 pm

Pelic wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:18 pm
gyps wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:40 pm Alternative installing method.

Ok I've created what its called a "wine wrapper" which is a bundle with all the needed software already installed and ready to run, eventually this method will end up being the easier and will replace the previous.

[...]
Hi,
A huge thank you for that ! It's as easy as .. double clic on the .app ! The game is running smooth and fluid (the only tiny drawback is that i can"t see my cursor over NPC...but i don't really care)

I tried first to run the game with the new version of VMWare (i thought it was supposed to get graphic acceleration), the game launches but still can't get any GPU acceleration at all, no more than 5FPS :D

Thanks again for your work (i might be able to pull 1 or 2 mates with that installer :twisted: )

(MBPro 2022 M2 8Gb)

Cheers!
Good to know! thanks! I've been facing some issues with it and thats why I removed the link from the main post. I'll reupload it then :)

vulfram86

Post#44 » Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:48 pm

Hi guys! i'm dying to replay this game but im on mac and i am trying since 2 days to download the client from mediafire but it is too slow and it will fail soon or later cant we have a smooth wetranfer like the one for windows?

gyps

Post#45 » Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:07 pm

vulfram86 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:48 pm Hi guys! i'm dying to replay this game but im on mac and i am trying since 2 days to download the client from mediafire but it is too slow and it will fail soon or later cant we have a smooth wetranfer like the one for windows?
DM me on Discord as Gyps I'll provide you an icloud link.

vulfram86

Post#46 » Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:59 pm

gyps wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:07 pm
vulfram86 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:48 pm Hi guys! i'm dying to replay this game but im on mac and i am trying since 2 days to download the client from mediafire but it is too slow and it will fail soon or later cant we have a smooth wetranfer like the one for windows?
Hi Gyps i just added you on discord thanks you very much! 🥳

gyps

Post#47 » Sat Sep 09, 2023 1:27 pm

vulfram86 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:59 pm
gyps wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:07 pm
Hi Gyps i just added you on discord thanks you very much! 🥳
Sorry fear Gyps is just my name on the RoR Discord Server, add isra8522

PMBorisStoke

Post#48 » Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:37 pm

*bump*

Anyone try installing this with Whisky? Curious if any of you got it to work. It's a free alternative to crossover-- but I had no luck.

Ads