Recent Topics

Ads

Gombling's MSH compendium

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
wonshot

Gombling's MSH compendium

Post#1 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:48 pm

Hello,

Seen a few people asking on the forums lately about the Melee Squg Herder spec for any help.
While I deffo dont claim to be the best nor most knowledgeable SH out there, I wanted to help if I could.

I will keep this only towards the Melee spec of the Squg Herder as the other builds are vasty different, and there are also muuuch better ranged SHs out there.
Compared to my Brightwizard compendium I tried to make this slightly differently, but I hope some new aspirering Meatballs will find it helpful and useful.

Let me know if there are any big factual errors or if there is an area I should add.

Currently covering:
- Class Mechanic (pets)
- "Loner" tactic vs using a pet
- Squig Armor
- Midtier leveling
- Mastery points
- Gearing a MSH
- AOE ability rotation
- Why play a MSH and not an other AOE dps?
- Ability tips & tricks

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1A5B ... yRk6g/edit
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ads
Gladiolix

Re: Gombling's MSH compendium

Post#2 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:30 pm

Ranged power in sentinel talisman DOES get converted to melee power, can't confirm or denie the others.
LEGION OF PERKELE
Shaman - Gladiolix (rr86)
Black Orc - Oomiestompa (rr85)
Squig Herder - Bluglog (rr85)
Choppa - Poliisi (rr84)

KoBS rr70+, BW rr70+, WP rr60+

Lime

Post#3 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:44 pm

Another great guide.
4) Melee Squig Herder in midtier (level 1-39)
Unfortunately MSH is not a very functional leveling spec, due to the late unlocks in your core abilities and tactics.
My experience has been that MSH is quite strong in mid tier scenarios as soon as you get squig leap and really really strong once you have big bouncing at 29 with set gear. At around level 32 this may be one the strongest scenario dps on destro side, although range squig can also do crazy numbers as well at this level. Many squishy range dps and full glass builds with sub 40% armor mitigation and no/low initiative or futile strike that rely on knockbacks and prekiting to live get crushed by squig leap. Also pierce defenses is quite overpowered at this bracket as you will take most players active defenses to 0% avoidance which makes your pressure much harder to deal with as many tanks have low avoidance values at this bracket.
Limey: 83 Knight Limeyx: 77 BG

wonshot

Post#4 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:52 pm

Lime wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:44 pm Another great guide.
4) Melee Squig Herder in midtier (level 1-39)
Unfortunately MSH is not a very functional leveling spec, due to the late unlocks in your core abilities and tactics.
My experience has been that MSH is quite strong in mid tier scenarios as soon as you get squig leap and really really strong once you have big bouncing at 29 with set gear. At around level 32 this may be one the strongest scenario dps on destro side, although range squig can also do crazy numbers as well at this level. Many squishy range dps and full glass builds with sub 40% armor mitigation and no/low initiative or futile strike that rely on knockbacks and prekiting to live get crushed by squig leap. Also pierce defenses is quite overpowered at this bracket as you will take most players active defenses to 0% avoidance which makes your pressure much harder to deal with as many tanks have low avoidance values at this bracket.
Hey Lime. I agree a level 33-39 MSH can get stuff done in pug scenarios. but it doesnt bring a healdebuff or much singletarget vs premade 2-2-2 leveling groups.
My comment as you quote and respond to, was more of a general statement towards that MSH get alot of their useful build defining and supporting tactics and core abilities late in the leveling phase. Untill you have Bigbouncing, and the offensive tactics MSH doesnt really feel like a complete class imho. Others are free to disagree on this, I just felt it to be true to such an extend that I wanted to mention it in the guide.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Grimson

Post#5 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:52 pm

Great job bud! Can you add RR point placement to it?

wonshot

Post#6 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:46 pm

Grimson wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:52 pm Great job bud! Can you add RR point placement to it?
I could, but my general perspective about RR investment is that it varries and depends on where you are in gearing and ranking, and on playstyle.
For example if you are fresh 40, its more important to stay alive so getting some wounds and less chance to be critted.
However if you are BiS then it mostly depends on your playstyle if you want mainstats in str+ws or if you want crit chance.

Guess it boils down to:
Offensive: WS, STR, Crit
Deffensive: Futile Strikes, wounds
Destro value: Deftdefender against all the order rdps
Bad against order: parry because of Rampage being a thing

Personally at 80 i go, Crtichance max, FS2-3, rest WS

Tanski

Post#7 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:39 am

Nice to see you back, and good work :)
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am

wonshot

Post#8 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:48 am

Gladiolix wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:30 pm Ranged power in sentinel talisman DOES get converted to melee power, can't confirm or denie the others.
You are right sir, nice catch just ran a test with STR talis in normal gear.
And Ranged power, and ranged crit in sentinel. all gets converted. Thanks for the correction!

Ads
Repulsion

Post#9 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:26 am

As with your BW one, incredible job
Wish every class had one of these since I reckon new players need this like a kitten needs milk.

Sliiightly off topic;
mSH equips Bloodlord BOW and Fortress SPEAR so the Fortress proc can work on mSH attacks.

Why is Bloodlord SWORD and Fortress BOW a common consensus on aSW?!?
It makes sense to have Bloodlord on the slot that doesn't get used much since we just want the 5% dmg boost.

nocturnalguest

Post#10 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:21 pm

Awesome work.

I think you should add the part about exact SA armor mechanic under armor debuff. Last i check armor debuffs were debuffing initial armor value (the one outside of SA) and SA increases whats left thus making SA way less potent in this regard. Same mechanic applies to SW in assault stance.

Wouldn't be out of place to double check it as ive tested it ~1 year ago.