Recent Topics

Ads

How long (average) to be PvP viable?

Let's talk about... everything else
banhoagni

How long (average) to be PvP viable?

Post#1 » Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:05 pm

Hello!

I recently downloaded the game and created a new character. I’m only level 5 and noticed it is level 40? that appears to be max level?

What I’m curious about is average time it takes for a consistent player to hit max level and become viable in PvP. Including time to gear for it as well?

I ask because I’m not a consistent player and at most only a few hours a week. If it’s something that’s going to take me weeks/months at that rate to get to a state of viability in PvP I’ll spend my time elsewhere.

Much appreciated!

Ads
Caduceus

Re: How long (average) to be PvP viable?

Post#2 » Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:22 pm

Depending on how much you play, hitting level 40 will probably take a new player a couple of weeks to a month.

When you become "PvP viable" depends on your class. In general ranged classes have an easier time with this than melee classes. Vanquisher level gear is the benchmark for most, which you can equip fully at around renown rank 55.

Depending on how much you play this may take you another couple weeks to a month.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

BeautfulToad

Post#3 » Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:27 pm

You get a boost at 16 and several classes can handle PvP of higher levels. Healers and tanks especially, and some dps classes.

joroth

Post#4 » Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:18 pm

if you're fighting an engineer you become viable at lvl 1
Eviljordy 80 dok
Thiccjordy 73 Witch Elf
Twitch.tv/eviljordy

Emissary
Community Management

Post#5 » Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:34 pm

Nerf Engineer ...

Depends on what timezone and playtime, NA only a few hours a week it will take you several months to get in Vanquisher or higher. If you group up in a decent guild though and can start to get pve gear at 40 you could be there in less than a month. It is all up to you, your time played, who you socialize with and what timezone you are in.
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!

Nameless

Post#6 » Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:11 pm

Imo depends of the archetype you pick. Healers and tanks could do well with lesser gear while dps classes require more high end gear
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Sulorie

Post#7 » Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:03 pm

You can do pvp since lvl 1, therefore it depends on the type of pvp content you want to participate in. Furthermore you have to spend some time learning the core mechanics to be useful on any class. You need more than max rank and some gear to be viable.
Dying is no option.

Cyrylius

Post#8 » Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:02 am

Max level is 40, but max renown (pvp) rank is 80, at least is we talk about effective benefits. Game assumes you level both simultaneously, so regardless of when you become pvp viable in endgame you might want to join something as soon as possible. Rank 5 is generally about time to get into SCs and/or t1 pvp.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Ads
Tesq

Post#9 » Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:29 am

Generaly speaking at rr60 you can do full builds,

So viable at rr50 imo and usefull at rr60, sov may enable alt/new build.

You can be at rr50 in one month depending how much you play.

malark

Post#10 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:11 pm

I think a lot of the time you can be very viable with what is supposed to be lesser gear

Obviously it's going to be tough against fully co-ordinated super geared teams but you can still make very smart and often tailored choices against your opponents. Like for 2 handed tanks, bloodlord is not to shabby at all, and for sword and board there's options like vale-walker which has the niche of being good against heavy caster opposition which is kind of making a comeback with Order at the moment, seeing quite alot of bright wizards on the field.

Essentially, the full best gear gives you the chance at an all-rounder style build where you are both harder to kill and do more damage, but the lesser gear can still have you be either hard to kill or do decent to good damage.IT might be a little harder for dps vs tanks and healers in this category, but still it's not like you can't push your primary stat high with lesser gear than sovereign and often times with sovereign you're left wondering, is it really even better ? I mena sure it probably is but say for Magus, if you wear full bloodlord and you're spamming out a 10% chance at a 25% heal debuff that stacks with everything, I mean is the extra damage from daemonlord better than that ? and it helps everyone not just you. That's the kind of thing you might even want in every warband. All of it bares thinking about and there's probably niches for things people normally wouldn't think of. Some super newbie gear can even end up being really good, like the winds of impervious set against casters etc.