Recent Topics

Ads

[Voting] The Great Bake-Off!

Let's talk about... everything else

Poll: Cast your votes!

Poll ended at Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:00 amPlease note that results are sorted by decreasing number of votes received.

vigilantsoul - Bright Wizard
22%
Torbarian - Khorne Cake
19%
LightSkinSmith - Slayer Cake
13%
kikogne - Da Bloody GORK (or MORK) Kake
12%
Aurora - Home-made Walnut Cookies
11%
Elglustik - Halfing Goldie Meringue Jellybutton
6%
IssaMissa - The Smelly Mushroomcake
6%
ErikBlackboar - Uncle Flamegrunta's Squig Pies
5%
Rebiff - Greenskin Cake
4%
Goryak - Chaos Corrupts & A Crooked Moon
3%
Total votes: 358

Kaelang

[Voting] The Great Bake-Off!

Post#1 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:53 am

*drum roll*

Introduction:

It's time for you to cast your votes on who you believe should be crowned the winner of our Return of Reckoning Baking Contest!. We understand this is somewhat delayed however it's December and we, much like you, are busier than normal outside of the game, but we thank you for being patient, especially to those who entered the contest!

As a reminder - the prizes for this contest are as follows:

First Place - “Top Chef”, a custom made Chef's Hat (cosmetic item), and 500 Gold on either realm. The winner will also work with the development team to create a new in-game item for a future live event.

Second Place - “Prince of Pies”, a custom made Chef's Hat (cosmetic item), and 250 Gold on either realm.

Third Place - “Baking Champion”, a custom made Chef's Hat (cosmetic item), and 150 Gold on either realm.

In addition to the guaranteed rewards, the top players will have a choice of a pool of rewards, with the 1st place player getting first choice, the 2nd place player getting second choice. Initially we had the Chef's Hat as a third option however we believe all top contestants should be able to show their baking prowess with style!

These items include:
  • A year-long and exclusive live-event mount. (ram/bear etc!) - You get to choose from a selection that will be provided.
  • Two bottomless dyes of your choice from the list of dyes
Additionally, all participants with eligible entries will receive two custom trophies - the Chef’s Wooden Spoon and Chef’s Rolling Pin, and a Picnic Blanket Cloak.

How voting works:

As there are three prizes for this contest we are allocating 3 votes on the poll per person, they will all weigh equally and upon the end of voting we will record the votes and announce the winner(s)! You can review the eligible entries in the poll linked to this thread.

Entries:

Should you need a refresher on the entries, I've gone through and collected the images used in the original thread and added them to the users below for your review (this took forever, you're welcome). In no particular order:

Torbarian - Khorne Cake
Spoiler:
vigilantsoul - Bright Wizard
Spoiler:
Elglustik - Halfling Goldie Meringue Jellybutton
Spoiler:
ErikBlackboar - Uncle Flamegrunta's Squig Pies
Spoiler:
kikogne - Da Bloody GORK (or MORK) Kake
Spoiler:
Aurora - Home-made Walnut Cookies
Spoiler:
Goryak - Chaos Corrupts & A Crooked Moon
Spoiler:
Rebiff - Greenskin Cake
Spoiler:
LightSkinSmith - Slayer Cake
Spoiler:
IssaMisa - The Smelly Mushroomcake
Spoiler:
Frequently Asked Questions
Spoiler:

Why isn't my entry listed?:

The poll functionality on the boards only allows a set number of entries (currently set to 10). Internally we ranked all entries on a scale of 1 through to 10 and once Max did some excel formula magic, we were left with the 10 entries that will come through to the community vote! In future contests we will look at what functionality we have to enable all entries to be voted publicly.

When will the voting end and the winner be announced?:

We will allow voting through until the 23nd December 2022. Meaning you have exactly one week from this post being made public to submit your entries. The winner will be announced on the 24th December 2022.

How do I recieve my reward if I win?:

Please PM myself here on the forums with your account name / character name and I'll get the rewards distributed in due course. I appreciate your patience if the rewards don't come through over the holiday period.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Ads
Caduceus

Re: [Voting] The Great Bake-Off!

Post#2 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:06 pm

It's hard to choose one, they're all so great!
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Kaelang

Post#3 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:07 pm

Caduceus wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:06 pm It's hard to choose one, they're all so great!
You can choose 3 options! :)
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Lisutaris

Post#4 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:18 pm

voting done, good luck everyone ! :D
~~ Guildleader of Entropy and Chaos ~~

Rhyshara - DoK || Rhykera - Sorc || Rhyleth - BG || Sharaye - WE
Destro only <3

If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands

Tuxedo013

Post#5 » Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:12 am

May the best greenskin/dwarf cake/pie win!

Khorne is a bad taste for cakes, pity i didnt have time to make a Slaaneshi cake with some splash of rainbows on the side(my tick)

Sad there is no dark elf, high elf and empire themed cakes, had a pattern to make a an Eataineian soft bread.

All the best with the contest and good luck!

Fontaami

Post#6 » Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:05 am

Have chosen 3 options, hope one of them will take the win
Volo ergo sum

Rubius
Developer

Post#7 » Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:16 pm

Good luck to all those in the final running, and nice work to everyone who submitted entries! :)

BluIzLucky

Post#8 » Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:38 pm

Merry Chrismas everyone, thanks for fun event and great community! :)

Bit sad my brunt toast didn't pass the excel check, but practice makes perfect, next year it will be a top contender for sure :lol:
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Ads
Allie
Suspended

Post#9 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:08 pm

Stop mixing real life with the game, doing this RL/INgame content for 10 people when the game need way more important things focused on is memes

tvbrowntown
Suspended

Post#10 » Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:13 am

Should've hidden the names on the entries to make this less of a popularity contest tbh.