Recent Topics

Ads

Please 'fix' City instances. Enough is enough.

Let's talk about... everything else
WaaaghBoy88

Re: Please 'fix' City instances. Enough is enough.

Post#31 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:43 am

Fenris78 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:35 pm Yes, sadly there is no satisfiying solution to this issue.

Either you lock cities to 6/12/24 premades, and you make all solo unhappy because they could never join any city, and forcing groups to form with such a small population mean there will always be more dps leftovers than other support classes (tanks/heals) due to unbalanced archetype distribution (6/12/6 by game design).

Or you allow solo players to queue, and you get random matchups, but at least :
- everyone can earn rewards
- even losing side is getting bags + base tokens (about 80 + possible bags are not bad for less than one hour stomping).

You just need to endure, and try your best to at least qualify for a bag, even if being stomped without any chance to do anything meaningful is horrible, at least the compensation prize is still worth it for some... ;)

Also, 8 instances over 10 were won by Destru last city. Guess you were unlucky to be the 20%... Probably better for you next time ;)
It would have been 9 out of 10 instances had people given a ****. Though I appreciate your point on the matter, however, despite the annoying winking-faces your posting, you have a few good points.

But I don't agree. This is City Invasion content. It was never meant to be a Free For All Do What You Please To Instance. In Live, Pug's were nonexistant. Except other pugs would run into them on occassion. But in the majority of circumstanes, Organized warbands would always come out on top in 4/5. The other 1th of a fraction would be say if they were new or didn't use proper communication. Pugging is historically always a crapshoot. No one can deny that. But this isn't live, the population is hamstringed by itself and it's clear there are many types of personalities out there that feel entitled to having a free bag because "ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME MY FUN MY NEEDS MY GAME MY CHARACTER MY FREEDUMBS BLAH BLAH BLAH--- "continues onwards for the next ten minutes until he collapses from screaming." Please review one Morradin for context. These kinds of characters are detrimental to a social online mass multiplayer videogame. If they want to run around aimlessly and smash their heads against the walls, then fine. They're welcome to do so.

But then they have no jurisdiction to tell others what to do. They contribute nothing.

EDIT: @Dackjanielz
Please at least try harder to mog my argument than just that. I welcome it. After all, debating is for the intellectuals. Just "lmao", is just...sad.
Last edited by WaaaghBoy88 on Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
Dackjanielz

Post#32 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:43 am

WaaaghBoy88 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:36 am
Morradin wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:18 pm To OP
Hate to break the news to you, the majority of players just want to have fun, and not be responsible for YOU to have a good city experience. Also, 99% of the time pugs will always be matched against premades. It is like that is sc's as well.
Getting rid of solo Q will not help anything at all. Not for you anyway, since you are the type to demand others to play your way and insure that you have a good time.

Lastly ... neither you will never stop a huge part of the population from playing solo or joining only pug overflow wb. And your attitude is the main reason. YOU are to blame for people not playing organized wb.
Who wants to play with a demanding player like you? I quote you. "Coordination, competence and strategizing".
And then we have this prize of a statement, "Why should Destruction deserve to partake in ANYTHING if they are unwilling to work for it? And if Destruction can't organize proper warbands and groups to partake in the activity...how is that Order's fault? Or the dev's fault? No. The evidence is obvious who."
YOU, the evidence is obvious, you and people like you demanding perfection from other players, is the big problem. IT IS A GAME!!! You think other players owe you or anyone obedience? Get over yourself. Your entire post is nothing but toxicity.

I play for ME. Not for you, or anyone else. And a lot of other players feel as I do, and always will.
Oh, this is delicious. You want to play a socially communicative-centric game with no care and regard to the fact the only way to achieve any success is in organizing, by shoving your head in the sand in abject denial? That's great. Good for you. Go play something else then that meets your focus, then. I'm certain PVDoor will give you the satisfaction you need to feel competent.

On Topic: I think some people understood my point, and other's did not.

The fact of the matter, is that the situation is really "a glass half full or half empty" kind of debacle. Yes, we could let things continue on their stumbling merry way and pretend there is no problem, but in the last five city instances, 2 of those I had victory in. Would you like to know the secret to those successes?

Premade Groups. Fully functioning, organized-teamplay with communication. *GASP*!

HOW COULD THIS BE? Oh, trust me. You'd love to see it in action some time if you're a destro player, here and there. It's enough to make a full grown man cry. Infact, only within the last year alone (I kept a tally), I only ever encountered 2 order pugs, out of 8 order-guild warbands. (I applied for more cities than that, but sometimes the system won't let you in despite queing the second the system allows you to. It's rather frustrating.) These were always late EU-hour City Raids this happened in, so it didn't surprise it happened though to witness the sight was astounding. Now tell me, how often do you see organized destro warbands compared to pugs? It's rather hilarious. Even in some of the people's posts sharing the scoreboard ratings, it's an obvious 1/5 ratio.

And as for this sickening Order stunty post, of which I can smell the cope and salt leaking from its pores, I didn't write this post as to draw in the kinds of people who took personal offense to being told they are in the wrong by holding others back. So all I can do is laugh at them.

Oh, I am in full accountability by the fact I am fully aware not even I could participate in a City Instance because I am not grouped with anyone.

That's the point, Mr. Anderson.
Lmao

Darkdargor

Post#33 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:18 pm

Sometimes destro manages to get organized, order does not, destro wins. And vice-versa.

It’s nobody’s fault that a realm or other cannot form a 6-12-24 group.

Regarding soloq-ing, due to the natural imbalance of classes (Imo there are more healers than dps and tanks), forcing 2/2/2 is not an option.

I don’t understand how destro can get super organized in LOTD and fails to do so in cities. It’s a mistery.

Morradin

Post#34 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:39 pm

WaaaghBoy88 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:36 am
That's the point, Mr. Anderson.
That there alone tells me you have chosen the wrong side in this argument.

You really think that 24 people that never played together are going to win against a guild or alliance warband, just because you have a 2-2-2 makeup? You are some kind of dreamer.

Want to win? Join a guild that can put out at least a 6 man every night, and play with that guild group. Make sure the guild you join is in a strong alliance of guilds that can also field at least one 6 man per guild. Form alliance war band. Insta WIN!!!

thanks for coming to my TED talk!

Garamore

Post#35 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:45 pm

Darkdargor wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:18 pm
I don’t understand how destro can get super organized in LOTD and fails to do so in cities. It’s a mistery.
Destro aren’t super organised in Lotd. They just don’t run as one mega blob and cap BOs.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

dysfori

Post#36 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:32 pm

" It was never meant to be a Free For All Do What You Please To Instance."

You are right this isn't live and I don't think you have the authority to decide how anything is intended to play. As a matter of fact, how we can que to a city is how it is intended to be played for all we know. You can que as groups or you can que solo. If you que solo, be prepared to take the consequences. Nothing is hindering you from trying to organize.

"Premade Groups. Fully functioning, organized-teamplay with communication. *GASP*!"

I have done these and still lost. I've played more cities like this than soloing. I've won and I've lost. Solo que is a roll of the dice.
You are also not taking in how history has waxed and vaned in wins and losses and pugs and organized. City used to be a total steamroll for destro. The "best" warbands were destro and it could easily be 4-5 full 24 organized warbands on the other side.

Emissary
Community Management

Post#37 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:08 pm

WaaaghBoy88 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:41 am
Emissary wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:36 pm
WaaaghBoy88 wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:11 pm Why should Destruction deserve to partake in ANYTHING if they are unwilling to work for it? And if Destruction can't organize proper warbands and groups to partake in the activity...how is that Order's fault? Or the dev's fault? No. The evidence is obvious who.

Destruction has won 17 of the last 26 city matches in the month of December, I think they deserve to partake in the battles, lol.

As far as solo pugging, I am for whatever gets more people into content. Not being able to form a 6/12/18/24 organized wb isn't the devs fault so the argument is mute on that end.
Oh, is that so? 17 out of 26. So nine losses.
How much would you like to bet those victories were Warband v Warband, or Pug v Pug?
Well with that logic how can I argue? I apologize for my ignorance that destro didn't win all 26. I should have known that 17 wins was not enough to prove how fair the fights were that order won 9 out of 26.

I apologize for my lack of logic and consede to your great power of deduction. I thought my point was that destruction deserved to play in cities but I now know I must have been wrong. May your days be filled with joy my friend .
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!

Darkdargor

Post#38 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:12 pm

Garamore wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:45 pm
Darkdargor wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:18 pm
Destro aren’t super organised in Lotd. They just don’t run as one mega blob and cap BOs.
So it’s possible to win, right? Well, organize 6-12s for city as well. End of story, no more wining.

Ads
Tonkatruk

Post#39 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:01 pm

Make it solo q only - and let the instances match up 2/2/2 as best as possible! No more premades - just randoms, like discordant scens type thing. Happy now?

Cyrylius

Post#40 » Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:46 am

Soloq only cities is a good idea for prima aprilis content.
More serious note: in every city there's one group that's the best. Usually only one nowadays, too few players left to form more. And most of the time if I know that group is on the other side I actively avoid joining any warband I don't think can compete, because losing as an organized group is usually very painful. On the other side, joining a strong warband means you usually get a boring city with barely any fights. Now, joining pug cities means you have the highest chances of getting a(ny) fight, regardless of whether its just sustained res circle or actual even, prolonged combat, as statistically you should get similar players on both sides (though big stacked warbands cause a noticeable skill/gear drain from the side they form on). I was in the city OP was talking about, destro went out once, noticed it has zero chances of getting anything done and left. Took 10 minutes and required minimum attention to the gameplay. It's really not the worst case scenario.

And for the OP again: did you play when entire city siege meta revolved around warbands dodging each other? Let me tell you, that as you can't dodge anything now, all those players will just decide to not join anything faced with forced grouping for cities. So yes, I get what you want, I just feel like you aren't gonna get the effect you expect from what you're proposing.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.