Recent Topics

Ads

Old Dwarf Road Event Scenario

Let's talk about... everything else
Morradin

Old Dwarf Road Event Scenario

Post#1 » Sun Dec 25, 2022 10:43 pm

THANK YOU!!! Amazing event. Excellent spacing between objectives, and no king of the hill mechanics. Watched as pugs beat 6 man groups by playing smarter. Watched 6 man groups actually use their brains and not just expect to smash everything. LOTS of cover for sneaky RSh and WEs, SW's and WHs, and lots of open ground too.
I have not enjoyed a scenario this much in forever.

THANK YOU, and Merry Christmas to all the RoR Devs, GMs, Forum Mods, Artists, Grunts, and especially all the players.

Ads
Dackjanielz

Re: Old Dwarf Road Event Scenario

Post#2 » Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:13 pm

Completely agreed.
Its simplicity is its power.

Thanks and Merry Xmas you lot.

HammerGuy

Post#3 » Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:30 pm

It's about average. It'd be nice if the collision of the low walls allowed characters to traverse them more easily. And it'd be cool if the bigger walls offered useful vantage for ranged. The buildings need stairs to get to higher ground.

I'm also not sure why it's 18v18. 12v12 really should be the max. Perhaps make the map smaller to compensate if that's part of the issue.

Detangler

Post#4 » Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:25 am

I took my horse to the old dwarf road, and i...I....

I just can't with the name of this scenario. That's all I had going thru my head all weekend.

Scenario is fun, though. Some stairs to higher up spots on walls would be cool tho. Give pug engies some sniper posts where they can feel useful.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Aethilmar

Post#5 » Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:45 am

The map itself is pretty good. However, ends up being a spawn camp or running in circles most of the time. Could probably use an extra flag in the middle.

Avernus

Post#6 » Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:24 am

HammerGuy wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:30 pm I'm also not sure why it's 18v18. 12v12 really should be the max. Perhaps make the map smaller to compensate if that's part of the issue.
I do like this sc as SW though. You see, as SW, you have some nasty things that can ruin the day for destro: healing debuff without a cooldown, ranged knockdown, ranged snare, some assist damage, BUT - as dps you CAN'T actually deal REAL damage (yeah, SW is "dps" who is quite useless for premade purposes).
That means that when you meet a classic destro melee premade (or even two of them) you are actually a dead weight who drags your team down. But if there is a 18vs18 and you are just the guy from 3 pug party you actually have an increased possibility to do something useful - unlike premade+premade vs premade+pug, its not like 3 premades from each side is a thing after all.

Belanoite
Suspended

Post#7 » Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:37 am

I totally disagree.
This sc, very like Pyramid of Sethra is terrible.
First, because there is no central objective, like Gates of Ekrund or Nordenwatch, both are scs with 3 objectives but with a central point where the fight can be focused on.
On Dwarf Road, the teams get spreaded out, and if you're not in a premade, you will find yourself running alone suddenly because your team just vanished from your view.
Second, there is too much obstacles. It's terrible to play as a rdps that need 1 or 2 secs of cast and then the target gets behind of an obstacle. Maybe it's perfect for whs or wes, but for rdps it's a P.I.T.A.
Third, the size of the map contributes for the spreading of the team, what make things even worse.
Well, this sc just win of Stonetroll Crossing, that is the worst sc ever of this game.

Maybe, cleaning the arena, setting a central flag ( i mean, removing 3 point in pyramid format and adopting a line for the 3 flags), would make this sc playable. Because the way it is, it won't leave my blacklist so soon.

Sofong

Post#8 » Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:48 am

Belanoite wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:37 am I totally disagree.
First, because there is no central objective, like Gates of Ekrund or Nordenwatch, both are scs with 3 objectives but with a central point where the fight can be focused on.
On Dwarf Road, the teams get spreaded out, and if you're not in a premade, you will find yourself running alone suddenly because your team just vanished from your view.
Second, there is too much obstacles. It's terrible to play as a rdps that need 1 or 2 secs of cast and then the target gets behind of an obstacle. Maybe it's perfect for whs or wes, but for rdps it's a P.I.T.A.
Third, the size of the map contributes for the spreading of the team, what make things even worse.
Well, this sc just win of Stonetroll Crossing, that is the worst sc ever of this game.

Maybe, cleaning the arena, setting a central flag ( i mean, removing 3 point in pyramid format and adopting a line for the 3 flags), would make this sc playable. Because the way it is, it won't leave my blacklist so soon.
exactly this.

Ads
Morradin

Post#9 » Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:04 pm

Sofong wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:48 am
Belanoite wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:37 am I totally disagree.

exactly this.

You guys enjoy a modified King of the Hill style. Central fight area, no obstacles to LoS. That is fine. Lots and Lots of those scenarios abound RoR.

Aside from playing a WH and WE, I also play Magus, Engi, SW and RSh. Let me tell you I have not had this much fun puging a scenario in a long time. Especially on Magus/Engi. See enemy coming duck behind a wall pop a turret set on firing on nearest, drop a mine (and equivalent on magus), and duck behind other wall and run. TOTAL disruption on those premades or even pugs running together. Gives my pugs time to cap flags and gain lead.

And that is whole point. A scenario with three points that can be taken individually and at same time. (not like Logrin's forge where you must take center to unlock on other random flag). I play (pug) NA mornings and afternoon, and I have won about half of instances I entered. To me, as a pug player that is AMAZING!

Belanoite
Suspended

Post#10 » Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:27 am

Morradin wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:04 pm
You guys enjoy a modified King of the Hill style. Central fight area, no obstacles to LoS. That is fine. Lots and Lots of those scenarios abound RoR.

Aside from playing a WH and WE, I also play Magus, Engi, SW and RSh. Let me tell you I have not had this much fun puging a scenario in a long time. Especially on Magus/Engi. See enemy coming duck behind a wall pop a turret set on firing on nearest, drop a mine (and equivalent on magus), and duck behind other wall and run. TOTAL disruption on those premades or even pugs running together. Gives my pugs time to cap flags and gain lead.

And that is whole point. A scenario with three points that can be taken individually and at same time. (not like Logrin's forge where you must take center to unlock on other random flag). I play (pug) NA mornings and afternoon, and I have won about half of instances I entered. To me, as a pug player that is AMAZING!
What build are you using? Engi and Magus have the most defensive abilities of all ranged role. If you're playing as grenadier, so you don't have to worry much about casting time, target losing the los and etc, all you need to do is spreading aoe.