Recent Topics

Ads

WP or KOTBS

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Mieloch

WP or KOTBS

Post#1 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:53 am

Hello i have question, what class between WP or KOTBS feels/ look like Paladin? I mean like nice looking heavy armor, some kind shield spells/ maybe self heals/ group buffs? Thanks for answers in advance.

Ads
Reivren27

Re: WP or KOTBS

Post#2 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:08 pm

Hello. Both are similar in principle to the "paladin", but the battle priest is more similar and he also has elements of heavy armor among the sets (Externally. Technically wears an average class of armor)

Repulsion

Post#3 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:18 pm

In theme, 100% the WP. The book and hammer combo looks very cool and unique.
But if you wanted to tank instead of heal the KotBS is as close as it gets to a paladin without having holy spells etc.

Auras, supportive spells and even the flair (names, icons) of the spells give off paladin-ish vibes.

Rydiak

Post#4 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:19 pm

You will definitely want to check out the Grace spec for Warrior Priest if the front-line battle healer is what you are looking for.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Scottx125

Post#5 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:22 pm

WP uses medium armour, and is closest to a traditional Paladin. However outside of the casted heal spec salvation it's mostly pretty mediocre, Grace (hammer/shield melee heal spec) is only useable in small scale/cities with top gear and Wrath is a no go. Hopefully this changes in future with balance changes. I would recommend going a more aggressive salvation spec healer, book/hammer just behind the front going full tank mode.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Mieloch

Post#6 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:17 pm

aight, thanks for very nice info, ill go with WP, just started so im low level, ill try some build until im in t1 and then i will decide what gamestyle i like better.

Repulsion

Post#7 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:13 pm

Just know that WP feels kinda crap as a healer till around 20 lvl or so (you get your AoE heals then)
Most classes feel much better after certain thresholds so stick with it, WP is notoriously sucky but feels great later on.

GL!

Mieloch

Post#8 » Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:00 pm

i imagine i cant be mele healer in low levels? because im dead preaty mutch instantly.

Ads
Mieloch

Post#9 » Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:03 pm

And one more question, is there any addon what makes me just mouse over friendly target and cast heal? because in wow as healer you never click on allies just mouseover them so i wonder if its possible here its big quality of life to healer.

Scottx125

Post#10 » Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:54 pm

No, you can use enemy add-on unit frames for click casting, but it requires a click to select and another to cast. And it's only 1 spell. I only use it for guard swapping. Even then it's a pain. Only way to heal effectively, is to click on the target via unit frames and then cast your hesl via an easy access keybind. I use Mouse 4-5 and shift modifier for my most used heals.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.