Recent Topics

Ads

Weekend Warfront

Let's talk about... everything else
Pulptenks

Weekend Warfront

Post#1 » Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:44 am

This is highly hard to manage. Constantly facing pre-made group is difficult, especially for those of us in T4.

I understand that it is encouraged to to group play and build group, but doing that also take a lot of time on it's own. After a few week ends I find this to be rather unbearable.It's got to the point people simply gives up on continue fighting and just wait to be able to hit the surrender button.

I propose to make a change for Weekend Warfront to be moved through Discordant matchmaking, at least the quality of games would be more enjoyable.

I understand this game promotes team play, but there's blob constantly EVERYWHERE, at least make the even bearable and achievable, this would be what helps it. Not the current face stomping of facing premade or lucking out with having a premade on our team. Right now it's pretty apathetic.

Ads
CyunUnderis

Re: Weekend Warfront

Post#2 » Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:59 am

Spoiler:

Sulorie

Post#3 » Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:10 am

Discordant SC are usually one-sided stomps as well, because the better team wins or in case of Discordant SC the better individual players in combination with random party setup. So what is your point?
Anyone can queue for weekend event but the target player base are people who want to play together with their friends/guild.
The more you socialize with other players, the faster you find groups to finish it faster.
With bad luck it can indeed take ages to complete.
It's not like everyone has to be able to complete it, not everything is being served on a silver plate.
Dying is no option.

Uchoo

Post#4 » Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:27 am

Weekend SC reward track should also apply to DS or there should be a second weekly reward track specifically for DS so players can choose to do both.
"They're gonna die if we kill them" - Klev on strategy

RoR Memes
https://www.youtube.com/@UchooGaming
Check out my Twitter, I talk about RoR & Games
https://twitter.com/UchooGaming
The RoR Guide
https://shorturl.at/ouGH8

Melekith

Post#5 » Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:42 am

Pulptenks wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:44 am This is highly hard to manage. Constantly facing pre-made group is difficult, especially for those of us in T4.

I understand that it is encouraged to to group play and build group, but doing that also take a lot of time on it's own. After a few week ends I find this to be rather unbearable.It's got to the point people simply gives up on continue fighting and just wait to be able to hit the surrender button.

I propose to make a change for Weekend Warfront to be moved through Discordant matchmaking, at least the quality of games would be more enjoyable.

I understand this game promotes team play, but there's blob constantly EVERYWHERE, at least make the even bearable and achievable, this would be what helps it. Not the current face stomping of facing premade or lucking out with having a premade on our team. Right now it's pretty apathetic.
I don't understand why people complain over and over again about something that is not really an issue. It's almost like someone starting to play chess and then complaining that you don't roll dice in the game.
Warhammer is a group game. It's part of the game that you make contacts. To look for like-minded people, to form friendships. The game is not a first-person shooter. It would take a lot of effort to redesign the game because the audience refuses to meet the minimum requirements. Warhammer is an MMORPG. Just look up what that means in the Wikipedia article and stop presenting over and over again something as a problem that is not a problem.

Absinth

Post#6 » Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:04 am

Melekith wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:42 am
Pulptenks wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:44 am [...]
I don't understand why people complain over and over again about something that is not really an issue. It's almost like someone starting to play chess and then complaining that you don't roll dice in the game.
Warhammer is a group game. It's part of the game that you make contacts. To look for like-minded people, to form friendships. The game is not a first-person shooter. It would take a lot of effort to redesign the game because the audience refuses to meet the minimum requirements. Warhammer is an MMORPG. Just look up what that means in the Wikipedia article and stop presenting over and over again something as a problem that is not a problem.
You don't understand because you cant grasp the concept behind why people want the soloq on weekend scenarios, it's not because they dont want to play like team. They want to HAVE CHANCE in winning and not being stomped by 2x 6man group sitting on discord. By letting organised groups in and matching them with pugs you create a scenario where the pug side will know that they will loose the moment the sc starts. And I can say that because it happened to me that after few stomps when queued in group the enemies just didnt bother leaving the spawn I also was on the other side that just waited in war camp because everyone knew that it will result in 0 kills and we will just get farmed till they get to 500 points. And how the devs counter this issue? :)

Also the argument "ITS NOT FIRST PERSON SHOOTER" is totally meaningless, communication in those is even more crucial than in MMORPG because of the nature of them being smaller scale (5v5). Soo premades in fps games will also gap randoms but in those games you have a matchmaking system THAT WILL TRY ITS BEST AND AS HARD AS POSSIBLE TO AVOID 5 RANDOMS VS PREMADE 5. Take a look at League of legends, the matchmaking will never put you into game where enemy team is full of randoms, you will have always atleast one premade group that if not full is filled with another group. Or take a look at CS:GO that will make sure that both teams have atleast one premade of the same size unless the queue time reaches absurd time like 25mins.

What devs should do is to bunch all of the scenarios into one and call it discordant solo and discordant group, then do the same with weekend warfront, call it warfront solo and warfront group. Ofc you will have people crying about the not being able to blacklist maps but you will have more healthy pop.
Shinee DOK | 40/82
YellowGuard BG | 40/62
NuclearBombs SORC | 40/40

Self-proclaimed PVE and Fashionhammer expert

Melekith

Post#7 » Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:13 pm

Absinth wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:04 am
Melekith wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:42 am
Pulptenks wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:44 am [...]
You don't understand because you cant grasp the concept behind why people want the soloq on weekend scenarios, it's not because they dont want to play like team. They want to HAVE CHANCE in winning and not being stomped by 2x 6man group sitting on discord. By letting organised groups in and matching them with pugs you create a scenario where the pug side will know that they will loose the moment the sc starts. And I can say that because it happened to me that after few stomps when queued in group the enemies just didnt bother leaving the spawn I also was on the other side that just waited in war camp because everyone knew that it will result in 0 kills and we will just get farmed till they get to 500 points. And how the devs counter this issue? :)

Also the argument "ITS NOT FIRST PERSON SHOOTER" is totally meaningless, communication in those is even more crucial than in MMORPG because of the nature of them being smaller scale (5v5). Soo premades in fps games will also gap randoms but in those games you have a matchmaking system THAT WILL TRY ITS BEST AND AS HARD AS POSSIBLE TO AVOID 5 RANDOMS VS PREMADE 5. Take a look at League of legends, the matchmaking will never put you into game where enemy team is full of randoms, you will have always atleast one premade group that if not full is filled with another group. Or take a look at CS:GO that will make sure that both teams have atleast one premade of the same size unless the queue time reaches absurd time like 25mins.

What devs should do is to bunch all of the scenarios into one and call it discordant solo and discordant group, then do the same with weekend warfront, call it warfront solo and warfront group. Ofc you will have people crying about the not being able to blacklist maps but you will have more healthy pop.
It is a team based game. Voice communication is crucial. Building a premade is necessary. Just play the game how it is designed and don't make suggestions to redesign something which does not need a redesign.

First Person Shooter: Come on dude, you know which type of game I mean.

Click here to watch on YouTube

Narmahar

Post#8 » Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:25 pm

It's not that people don't want to play as a team. But if I make a group through the chat, or invite "unknown" people from the guild, it's not the same as premade on discord.

But if the only way to play SC sensibly is to be on discord with a few "friends"...since I played as a healer last night (EU time) 13x SC and we lost 11 of them, most of the time I barely moved from base in the ones we lost.
Melekith wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:42 am ...... Warhammer is an MMORPG. Just look up what that means in the Wikipedia article and stop presenting over and over again something as a problem that is not a problem.
I can't find anywhere on the wiki that if you don't play heavily organized ideally with out-of-game voice communication, you have no chance of a balanced Arena PVP.

Wikipedia says: "MMORPGs are distinguished from single-player or small multi-player online RPGs by the number of players able to interact together..."
And that's what I want, to play with others, different people. Not just with 5 friends over and over again...

Ads
Culexus

Post#9 » Sat Apr 15, 2023 1:03 pm

The problem is not with the system, but rather with solo players that would rather lose 1000 0-kill scs in a row than join a premade.

There's almost always someone in chat trying to form a sc group, but people would rather go solo and get farmed than join so it can take ages to get a full group together which can put people off trying to form premades at all.

If you queue solo rather than joining or starting a premade you have to accept you will be at a major disadvantage against those that do. I queue solo myself and it sucks most of the time, but that's my problem caused by my choice. The system is not to blame.
Bigun - 85 Black Orc
Brian - 70+ Choppa
Taff - 70+ Warrior Priest
Karak Norn Veteran

Melekith

Post#10 » Sat Apr 15, 2023 1:04 pm

Narmahar wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:25 pm Exactly. It's not that people don't want to play as a team. But if I make a group through the chat, or invite "unknown" people from the guild, it's not the same as premade on discord.

But if the only way to play SC sensibly is to be on discord with a few "friends"...since I played as a healer last night (EU time) 13x SC and we lost 11 of them, most of the time I barely moved from base in the ones we lost.
Melekith wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:42 am ...... Warhammer is an MMORPG. Just look up what that means in the Wikipedia article and stop presenting over and over again something as a problem that is not a problem.
I can't find anywhere on the wiki that if you don't play heavily organized ideally with out-of-game voice communication, you have no chance of a balanced Arena PVP.

Wikipedia says: "MMORPGs are distinguished from single-player or small multi-player online RPGs by the number of players able to interact together..."
And that's what I want, to play with others, different people. Not just with 5 friends over and over again...
Make friends (people), play together, play on Discord, get a guild (more people), join an alliance (more people), join organized WB (yeah more people), the possibilities are endless. You guys want everything served on a silver plate. Social interaction only costs you: time. There are plenty of discord servers from plenty of guilds. There are forum threads about guilds. Most people are friendly when you want to play with them together - try it.