Recent Topics

Ads

Black Orc: Viable/Needed for higher level content as well as how to build

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
vekkth

Re: Black Orc: Viable/Needed for higher level content as well as how to build

Post#11 » Mon May 08, 2023 5:53 pm

TheGit wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 4:48 pm What a shame . I would like to play a BO .
Take my advice - play what you really like to. I see a lot of bo running in pug groups and having fun, also from my experience mmorpg is a social adventure in the first place so getting into a guild or a good premade sometimes is more about your personality and ability to deal with people, not the class you play. I started chosen but dropped it for BG since chosen for me is too easy/boring to play. I would definitely go bo if I wanted to. Nothing is better then to play what you really like.

Ads
tazdingo

Post#12 » Mon May 08, 2023 7:46 pm

bo has some useful niches, so not to paint him as completely useless. most of these are only applicable in pub play:

- aoe punt is genuinely good utility at times, can be massive at some key SC locs and can save a healer in a pinch
- right in da jibblies is a quick stun that ignores immunities. this is 100% unique to BO and isn't recognized or used enough. it can be enough to peel a dps off your healer or to catch a fleeing enemy
- if anything but a slayer is present then chm is great. press 1 button and you take 50% less guard dmg. amazing if your guardee is taking ranged focus
- nidf and ymm are both really nice abilities when used correctly. ymm + challenge + m3 on a slayer is hilarious
- m3 aoe silence is nice too, rare for a tank to even remotely consider not slotting distracting but BO can make their unique one work
- even moreso with morale pump, which is still decent even after nerfs. you will get m3 much more reliably before fights end
- BO passive group healing is not insignificant if you spec for it
- group wounds buff is always welcome, all 3 bellows are useful now really
- can have infinite AP with shdr + da greenest
- spammable armour debuff
- skull thumper is great st dmg assist

Fey

Post#13 » Mon May 08, 2023 11:56 pm

A tank without a Knock Down is like a car with three wheels. Get rock 'ard and Down Ya Go! The rest is up to you. I currently run Waaagh spec because as someone above noted, We'z Bigger, is dog water.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

BluIzLucky

Post#14 » Tue May 09, 2023 5:08 pm

tazdingo wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 7:46 pm
Sorry, don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but a while back they added an ICD of 1 sec to Skull Thumper (and SM version), so it's gone from +500 to less than 100 DPS DoT.

And with the recent buffs to VW set, not sure I'd be calling out the armor debuff too much, since you can now get it from BG already spreading other AoE debuffs.. but hey at least you still big n green
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Sinisterror

Post#15 » Tue May 09, 2023 5:18 pm

BluIzLucky wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 5:08 pm
tazdingo wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 7:46 pm
Sorry, don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but a while back they added an ICD of 1 sec to Skull Thumper (and SM version), so it's gone from +500 to less than 100 DPS DoT.

And with the recent buffs to VW set, not sure I'd be calling out the armor debuff too much, since you can now get it from BG already spreading other AoE debuffs.. but hey at least you still big n green
I think Skull Thumper can Proc 6 times in 1 second. Before it didnt have any restrictions so Keep Lords etc took insane dmg from the proc. SnB Thc with 240+WS Tactic buffs back would be nice.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

BluIzLucky

Post#16 » Tue May 09, 2023 6:12 pm

Sinisterror wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 5:18 pm
I think Skull Thumper can Proc 6 times in 1 second. Before it didnt have any restrictions so Keep Lords etc took insane dmg from the proc. SnB Thc with 240+WS Tactic buffs back would be nice.
Ah yeah, I you are right, got too wrapped op in poking fun of the BO bear :P
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

p00ky

Post#17 » Mon May 22, 2023 3:45 pm

TheGit wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 4:48 pm What a shame . I would like to play a BO .
Play what you want, they are just honestly giving you the headsup that if you want to shine above others, its not the time of the BO atm :mrgreen: