Recent Topics

Ads

Reduced armor penetration.

Let's talk about... everything else
PROsiak

Reduced armor penetration.

Post#1 » Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:54 pm

Hello.
So i was wondering, how does reduced armor penetration work if somone has more armor pen than the cap?
I mean if someone has 100% armor pen (but the cap is 75 or 80 i dont remember) and i have 10% reduced armor pen, does that 10% lowers his ap from 100% to 90% so he's still hitting the cap ?
Also how common is it for destro physical dps'es to hit the cap on armor penetration ?

Ads
Rydiak

Re: Reduced armor penetration.

Post#2 » Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:51 pm

-Armor Pen is handled on the same line as +Armor Pen and Weapon Skill's armor pen value (Weapon Skill/14), with these values interacting additively. The resulting sum of these values is then multiplied by the target's armor value, which is then converted into the armor mitigation value.

So to answer your question, yes it reduces their penetration value. And check out the damage calculator in my signature for more information.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

PROsiak

Post#3 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:28 am

Thanks for the answer, but my question was mostly if the reduced armor pen subtracts armor pen from the 75% cap value ( even if the enemy has more armor pen than the cap allows) or from their real armor pen value. If the second holds true and phys dps'es can overcap armor pen with relative ease then the whole reduced armor pen stat could be entirely useless unless stack in high amounts as well.

Scottx125

Post#4 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:57 am

Yes. If they have 50% armour pen and you have -10%. It becomes 40%.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Earthcake

Post#5 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:18 am

PROsiak wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:28 am Thanks for the answer, but my question was mostly if the reduced armor pen subtracts armor pen from the 75% cap value ( even if the enemy has more armor pen than the cap allows) or from their real armor pen value. If the second holds true and phys dps'es can overcap armor pen with relative ease then the whole reduced armor pen stat could be entirely useless unless stack in high amounts as well.
Where does this armor pen cap come from ?

Rapzel

Post#6 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:33 am

Earthcake wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:18 am Where does this armor pen cap come from ?
My guess is the 1050 ws soft cap and that this has been spread as a 75% hard cap. Same as the confusion of how block and parry works.

PROsiak

Post#7 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:27 pm

So from what you are saying armor penetration has no actual cap and if you're able to reach 100% you ignore armor completly? Ofc. counting without reduced armor pen values, but then the question still applies if someone has 110% ap and you have 10% reduction the final armor penetration value is 100% or is it 90% because 100% acts as some sort of cap from which you subtract? :D

Scottx125

Post#8 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:51 pm

You can only block a maximum of 75% of damage with armour. You can go over the cap. So in reality you probably have 100% armour or something but only 75% actually mitigated damage. The rest if what you would call overflow, which is used by classes to absorb any armour debuff. So if you've got 1500 armour above the 75% hardcap, and someone debuffs you 1500. You still block 75% of the damage. But nobody, has 100% armour pen. Most I've seen is around 50-75%. You gotta think as well, over investing in armour pen is bad because if you remove all their armour, your pen isn't boosting your damage anymore by reducing their armour. So you should always softcap STR before WS.
Spoiler:
Now a member of Oath.

Ads
Gravord

Post#9 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:53 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:51 pm But nobody, has 100% armour pen. Most I've seen is around 50-75%.
Thats sadly not true. WE/WH can reach 100% arpen.
PROsiak wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:54 pm Hello.
So i was wondering, how does reduced armor penetration work if somone has more armor pen than the cap?
I mean if someone has 100% armor pen (but the cap is 75 or 80 i dont remember) and i have 10% reduced armor pen, does that 10% lowers his ap from 100% to 90% so he's still hitting the cap ?
Also how common is it for destro physical dps'es to hit the cap on armor penetration ?
Armor provides physical mitigation up to 75% of attack you receive. Going above that helps offset armor debuffs and % based arpen of the attacker.
Armor penetration stat itself doesnt have any cap.
Reduced arpen works as direct counter to attacker arpen and generally provides good value.
Arpen example: 50% mitigation defender gets hit by 50% arpen attacker, that leaves him with 25% mitigation of inititial dmg.
There are various skills and tactics that affect arpen in a bit messy way, some are additive, some multiplicative, neither will tell you so its up to players to figure it out for now.

Scottx125

Post#10 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:43 pm

Gravord wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:53 pm
Scottx125 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:51 pm But nobody, has 100% armour pen. Most I've seen is around 50-75%.
Thats sadly not true. WE/WH can reach 100% arpen.
I'm not talking about ignoring armour. I'm talking about the armpen stat via WS.
Spoiler:
Now a member of Oath.