Recent Topics

Ads

ReinviteHelper - Assistant for warband leaders

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Ilvari

ReinviteHelper - Assistant for warband leaders

Post#1 » Mon May 01, 2023 11:42 am

I made a small addon that helps warband leaders reinvite people that left the warband. If you are leading warbands regularly you probably know that since the game is rather "crashy", a lot of time is spent asking yourself "Why are there suddenly only 5 people in party 3?" followed by talk on Discord as to who it was that left, waiting for them to come back, not forgetting or misspelling their name, and sorting them back into the correct party after a reinvite.

This addon will assist you by:
Occasionally putting a list in your chat box of all the people that recently left the warband, together with how long ago they left, and which party they were in

The names are right clickable, so you can do a group invite straight from there

If a player rejoins the warband (whether you are the one that did the invite or someone else doesn't matter), he is automatically moved to the party he was in before

If a player cannot be moved because that party filled up in the meantime, there is instead a message informing you that parties need to be fixed

The addon currently has no configuration or slash-command. If you want to configure how it runs, you can manually edit some values in the file "rh_const.lua" on the top however. What's currently configurable there is:

* Whether to display anything if you are not a warband leader or assistant (HIDEWHENNOTLEADER)
* Every how many seconds a list of the missing players is printed to the chat window (value REPEAT)
* For how many seconds a player is remembered after leaving until assuming they will not return (value DISPLAYTIME)
* Whether or not to automatically move players between groups (value MOVEPLAYERS)

Since this is a rather specialized addon I'm not sure if it's worth spending the effort to code a UI for it since that seems to be rather complex, but maybe I'll have a look at it in the future.

Ads
Ilvari

Re: ReinviteHelper - Assistant for warband leaders

Post#2 » Mon May 01, 2023 11:45 am

Uploading the file to the post didn't work, so I posted the Addon itself to Mega:

Version 0.4
https://mega.nz/file/FM0DjCyD#Z1aHDtseq ... txEJ5mV5iY
Last edited by Ilvari on Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Akalukz

Post#3 » Mon May 01, 2023 2:24 pm

awesome!
-= Agony =-

Absinth

Post#4 » Mon May 01, 2023 3:59 pm

Ilvari wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 11:45 am Uploading the file to the post didn't work, so I posted the Addon itself to Mega:
https://mega.nz/file/cBsj2RZJ#otrJsDvOE ... bcRkTMUnD8
Great thing but one suggestion:
Consider uploading it to the idrinths site for addons https://tools.idrinth.de/addons/
Shinee DOK | 40/82
YellowGuard BG | 40/62
NuclearBombs SORC | 40/40

Self-proclaimed PVE and Fashionhammer expert

Lilim

Post#5 » Mon May 01, 2023 4:09 pm

Hey,

I just wanna say, please take care what you download.
We don't take any responsibility if you guys download any maleware or worse.

Ilvari

Post#6 » Mon May 01, 2023 5:09 pm

Absinth wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 3:59 pm
Ilvari wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 11:45 am Uploading the file to the post didn't work, so I posted the Addon itself to Mega:
https://mega.nz/file/cBsj2RZJ#otrJsDvOE ... bcRkTMUnD8
Great thing but one suggestion:
Consider uploading it to the idrinths site for addons https://tools.idrinth.de/addons/
You can only upload to that site if you have a legacy account from years ago which I don't have.

Phantasm

Post#7 » Mon May 15, 2023 7:56 pm

Spoiler:
Ilvari wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 11:42 am I made a small addon that helps warband leaders reinvite people that left the warband. If you are leading warbands regularly you probably know that since the game is rather "crashy", a lot of time is spent asking yourself "Why are there suddenly only 5 people in party 3?" followed by talk on Discord as to who it was that left, waiting for them to come back, not forgetting or misspelling their name, and sorting them back into the correct party after a reinvite.

This addon will assist you by:
Occasionally putting a list in your chat box of all the people that recently left the warband, together with how long ago they left, and which party they were in

The names are right clickable, so you can do a group invite straight from there

If a player rejoins the warband (whether you are the one that did the invite or someone else doesn't matter), he is automatically moved to the party he was in before

If a player cannot be moved because that party filled up in the meantime, there is instead a message informing you that parties need to be fixed

The addon currently has no configuration or slash-command. If you want to configure how it runs, you can manually edit some values in the file "rh_const.lua" on the top however. What's currently configurable there is:

* Whether to display anything if you are not a warband leader or assistant (HIDEWHENNOTLEADER)
* Every how many seconds a list of the missing players is printed to the chat window (value REPEAT)
* For how many seconds a player is remembered after leaving until assuming they will not return (value DISPLAYTIME)
* Whether or not to automatically move players between groups (value MOVEPLAYERS)

Since this is a rather specialized addon I'm not sure if it's worth spending the effort to code a UI for it since that seems to be rather complex, but maybe I'll have a look at it in the future.
Its a great addon, but is it possible to make it autojoin after member that DCed and reloged back? I`m having this unfortunate skill of crashing during crucial strategic zone change and would be wonderful to not spam guild chat for reinvite, only rejoin myself instead. Similar to when you crash in dungeon.

Ilvari

Post#8 » Sun May 21, 2023 8:27 pm

I haven't found out a way to automatically detect when someone comes back online yet, that's why it doesn't display that, nor automatically reinvites.

Ads
BluIzLucky

Post#9 » Mon May 22, 2023 8:10 am

Ilvari wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 8:27 pm I haven't found out a way to automatically detect when someone comes back online yet, that's why it doesn't display that, nor automatically reinvites.
You could probably just do an invite loop, while DISPLAYTIME is true, something like:

.. If now()-LastInviteTime > 10s:
.. .. For member In DCList:
.. .. .. /invite member
.. .. LastInviteTime = now()
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Ilvari

Post#10 » Wed May 24, 2023 5:26 pm

I'm seeing some issues with that in that the player that's running the addon would get spammed by messages in the chat window about "That player could not be found" and that players that left the warband on purpose because they want to do something else will get spammed with party invites every 10 seconds for three minutes.