Recent Topics

Ads

Fresh r40 DOK - what to do?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
mangorosi

Fresh r40 DOK - what to do?

Post#1 » Fri May 05, 2023 7:18 pm

Hi together,

you may have been asked this question a hundred times now, but i would like to double check, if i understood it right.

I'm playing a fresh r40 shield DOK and i am not sure how to equip this char now. At the moment i'm running with pretty crappy gear (Vanguard, which is the green crap gear you can buy at the Elite Renown Gear Merchant). Of course it's **** and i **** up, but that's how it is for now.

I would very much like to keep playing as shield DOK because i really like it.

As i read, the PVE sets are the way to go (Beastlord/Redeye as a start) to be somewhat useful . To get beastlord i need to play as a chalice DOK beacause of group cleanse.

Questions:

Can i do this with the crappy Vanguard of the Healer gear or do i need to farm Annihilator/Conqueror first (playing as chalice DOK)?

Should i get Redeye first and can i run Gunbad with the crappy Vanguard of the Fighter gear (i've read that in PvE it's good to go "full" strength for healing)?

Should i do something completely different or am i mixing up sets etc?

I do not really have much time to play (as most people i guess) and having to play chalice to be somewhat able to play snb would be... disappointing, i guess.

Would appreciate any help very much. Thank you!

Ads
Zxul

Re: Fresh r40 DOK - what to do?

Post#2 » Fri May 05, 2023 7:34 pm

Go chalice, farm gunbad then bbbe then BS. Mix bloodlord with beastlord set. Also pretty sure HV is snb set- might be worth going for this one (requires having beastlord, and you need to have a semi decent equip for HV).
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Scottx125

Post#3 » Fri May 05, 2023 11:23 pm

You're in for a rough time. I main WP but from what I've heard DoK S/B spec isn't the greatest. Don't get me wrong I'm in the same boat, would love S/B/DPS build to be more viable in content. It's not not atm :(. Though you can probably get away with it in SC's and PvE. So do your PvE content to unlock decent gear and get your Ward unlocks. Then save your crests till you get to a point where you feel you need to get better gear or save for your best in slot gear.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Fey

Post#4 » Fri May 05, 2023 11:48 pm

Yeah you're in a tough spot friend. For pve you pretty much have to go chalice. You'll get cleaved running in with the tanks and mdps. Pve in general isn't particularly exciting anyway, and respecs are free; so there you go.

Other folks will be able to tell you what sets you want to go for. DoK will have 3 different sets, (I assume) chalice, shield, straight dps; so you want to do some research to make sure you aren't wasting your time.

Mixing sets is perfectly viable until you fully complete a set. And one note on wards, if you haven't been getting your sets you might have to start with obliteration or what's tier one set. Check out what wards you have in your tome of knowledge.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Gurzuk

Post#5 » Sat May 06, 2023 11:54 am

I am the guy who told u about BeastLord and aoe cleanse.

So. I have 5 healers(no zealot) in the game 40/60+. All my 16 alts did runs of BeastLord GB\BBBE\BS. I can tell u few things on that. Most time I play my DoK/WP as SnB or DPS(poor but fun option). Did most PvE SnB.
  • The DoK/WP is bad class for new player/first healer. It is strong class, but gear and skill depended much because of their special mechanics. Good about cup DoK it can not only heal but also pump grp AP with Restored Motivation tactics.
  • Best healer class would be RP\Zealot imho. Both Great healing potential. They will heal, pump group AP and even protect with non stop absorbs procing. Literally 2.5 button class(for PvE). Recommended PvE build would look like RoR.builders - Runepriest. With that set of tactics Adamant Rune will: heal, pump AP to grp, cast absorbs(can be top guard score in some scs). Pretty sure Zealot can go same build.
  • Shaman/AM - still okish, but can only heal. Can't pump ur group AP. Shaman has nice damaging m1(Gork Says Stop) that can be casted on bosses.
Both Shaman\AM and RP\Zealot u go full heal crit(heal more and u restore ur own AP on Restorative Burst tactic) and rest in Futile Strike(reduce chance to be crited).

SnB DoK/WP are great in PvE, but pretty much situational and it depends. Also will require higher skill and experience with dungeon
SnB can overheal other classes while adding to damage as well. There are dungeons u can do SnB and it is even preferable:
  • Gunbud is doable as SnB just fine
  • Destro BBBE SnB is great pick. While Order side analogue dungeon CnT is as pain for SnB because of twin bosses in the end of Catacombs. Any WP that will go SnB into CnT is selfish, I would not pick one since it can be the reason of a non stop wipe.
  • BastionStairs(BS) SnB is both great and bad pick. It is great, because there is one boss(3rd left) that will punish severely casting healers and usually is a point where allot pug parties wipe. While SnB healer has no penalties. Other bosses are just fine, but again it is more skill intensive. The issue might be the last boss mid with his special mechanics where he randomly debuffs one person and any damage dealt will harm party and can wipe. So if u get that debuff for next 20 sec u are not allowed to hit and therefore to heal. U still can use Blood of my Blood though if u need keep ur party alive
  • HV - has a nice SnB set. But will be an issue for SnB healer on final boss on portal phase. Still doable if u have strong casting healer and/or u are well skilled as an SnB
  • Beast Lord. Is doable with SnB, but the Praag boss. Praag boss will heal himself based on numbers ppl he hits. So u are interested to have as little mDPS as possible. Preferably having only tank tanking it and other ppl killing from afar. Also that boss will need AoE DoK cleansing. BL is still doable if u get another DoK in ur party that will do cleanses or just strong DPS that will melt that boss in no time.

For Cup DoK i would go with next build RoR.builders - Disciple of Khaine. DoK is very dependent on Soul Essences so u will want stay closer to fights and spam Essence Lash between ur heals on cooldown. Blood Offering only if u have free cycles because it takes long an unaffordable doing it every 10 sec. TIP: u can still use Blood Offering on cooldown, but only to get first proc(will restore u 30 Soul Essence right after u click it). This will keep ur pool full. For RR points go FutileStrike until u get chance to be crited to 0 or close to it. Rest in heal crit chance. Can also slot few init talis in your gear to help to bring chance to be crited to 0 and save some RR points for heal crit chance.
For cup DoK I would not recommend to go lower than full Conq Set. Vanq is much better(can restorer soul essence), but will need more RR and crests spent, so can stick to Conq. Red Eye(gunbad set) is an option too, but to acquire it u will need be useful for ur party, so u either have Conq already or u have ur SnB 3Dominator+X set.
All tallies slotted into Wounds, mby 1-2 into init to get chance be crited to 0. Ignore will power talis in 99% of cases. Ur goal is to sit around 800 willpower including 80 willpower potion. If u already have 7k+ HP and chance to be crited 0 u can slot 2 willpower talis into u weapons if u are still under 800 willpower. Also one can say using armor talis instead of wound on DoK. I would still recommend going wounds up until u get SoV.

For SnB DoK I would recommend to go this build RoR.builders - Disciple of Khaine. Can swap Potent Covenants with Fueled actions if u will find ur self low on Essences. Go Futile Strikes( + few init talis and gear) to bring ur chance be crited to 0, rest in Block and Parry. Devour Essence is ur bread and butter.
For gear u can go with 3 pieces of Dominator(Boots, Belt, Gloves) + Full Beast Lord. If u do not have Beast Lord yet go, replace them with 3 Merc set for armor and str bonus. Talis - str. After u get Sentinel set with jewerly u can go full set + 4 beast lord(Armor, Cloack, Book, Jewerly). Or if u have HV set - use it instead.
There is more on gearing\playing in this guide here viewtopic.php?t=30627 It was made for WP but 90% is accurate for DoK. Also It was done before crest\ward system rewamp. Now it is much easer: 1)One currency for all sets 2)One set(or mixed) will open a Ward for all other sets in next tier. Previously u had to get all sets for healer to open next healer one, and separately all for dd to open next dps one. Now Conq(or Dominator or Redeye) set will open both Vanq and Oppressor.

So I would recommend u:
  • Hit 40rr+ so u: a)can get ur Dominator(3 piece)+3 Merc set. b)or get full Conq set.
  • If u have Conq set and good with cup, do BeastLord. Unless u find a group that will carry u through it as SnB dok. After BL done, u can go 3 Domi + full BeastLord set.
  • If u have full Conq - skip Gunbad and start doing HV or/and BBBE. If u don't have full Conq set(or full Dominator) u will need to to Gunbad as well, to open ur next set Ward. Redeye full set(no cloak needed, but good to have if u plan use it as main healing set) will open same Ward as full Conq or Domi. U can use Redeye set than instead of Conq for cup build
  • Do not do Bastion Stairs dungeon until u hit decent rr(60+) and/or decent gear(Vanq 5+ if u choose to go cup. HV or Sentinel set if u choose to go SnB)
Important: make sure u acquire all Beast Lord quest(including one in the capital city) BEFORE u start looking for the group. NPC are located very far one from another and it might take allot of time to get all quests, especially for new player. This will make ur party sad and likely them starting to kill bosses without u. Why? Because Beast Lord bosses are world wide, unlike dungeons, and any other group including Order, can come and kill them. Respawn takes hour or so.

More on gear:
  • Green gear is bad. Get sets listed above
  • Boots and Gloves can be bought for gold on AH. Or someone can gift it to u. This is true for all PvP sets up to invader.
  • Other healer classes have more option to get healer gear. Beast Lord for Shamans\Zealots will be healing spec. Also being easer classes they can afford doing BeastLord in Anni or Ruin set. Than they can go 3 Conq+full BL set and start doing all others dungeons like this
  • Take a look into genesis jewerly set. 2 piece bonus is very nice. For healing spec I would recommend 24wounds/24willpowwer + 24init/36healingpower. For Snb I would go with 14str/3%parry + 24wounds/24str
  • There are some cheap jewelry from Gunbud on Auction Hous: Rough Gunbad Diamond/Amber/Ruby; It will give u some block and parry needed for SnB. It was so cheap that I used to sell it to the vendor. U can ask in chat for someone to gift it to u since u being new player
  • Take a look at T4 epic quests, there are nice weapons that can safe u some crests https://wiki.returnofreckoning.com/Epic_QuestsOther possible weapons options are:
    • lvl39 Scenario weapons if u wana safe crest and do not plan upgrade them
    • lvl40 Scenario weapons. They cost more. Take them if u plan upgrade them
    • Subjugator weapons. Each costs 15 genesis crests. 1 genesis crest is kinda equal to 8 war crest. So they are pretty cheap.
    • T4 RvR zones Influence weapons are also nice and not hard to get them. And they cost no crests
    • Each purple bag from Gunbad will drop one purple weapon, that is slightly worst copy of Subjugator weapons. So in singe GB run u can get all 4 weapons: healing sword/cup and dps sword\shield
Addons.
  • Yes, game addons are important. At some point u should spend few days to learn how to use VinyUI addon pack. But until than u should at least have few must have addons. Buffhead is one of them. Generally easy to install and use. Will show u buffs/debuffs over ur and party memebrs head. Can configure it to filter certain buffs\debuffs.
  • Another addon I would recommend is - Enemy. But it will require more time to configure - u will need to hide existing party/wb window to use Enemy one instead.
Conclusion:
I would strongly recommend to master both cup and SnB even if u plan mostly SnB. Also get one decent healer set, which would be 5 pieces of Vanq imho. Six would be better. SnB DoK has its spot in small scale up to 6 man. But in RvR Warband play, no one wants u, so going cup healer with Vanq set will open more content to u.

I am adding more details to this post once I find out I missed smth, so u can reread it time to time.
Spent one hour on this. Mby will post this as a guide one day 8-)

I do not have very good spoken English, but якщо ти розмовляєш українською, зможу тобі розповісти більше в discord дзвінку :D
Last edited by Gurzuk on Sun May 07, 2023 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gurzuk

Post#6 » Sat May 06, 2023 6:32 pm

Lol literally met SnB DoK today in 3 Dominator + Full Beast Lord + Gunbud jewerly + Gunbud Weapons :D

Absinth

Post#7 » Sun May 07, 2023 4:14 am

Gurzuk wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 11:54 am [...]

SnB DoK/WP are great in PvE, but pretty much situational and it depends. Also will require higher skill and experience with dungeon
SnB can overheal other classes while adding to damage as well. There are dungeons u can do SnB and it is even preferable:
  • Destro BBBE SnB is great pick. While Order side analogue dungeon CnT is as pain for SnB because of twin bosses in the end of Catacombs. Any WP that will go SnB into CnT is selfish, I would not pick one since it can be the reason of a non stop wipe.
  • BastionStairs(BS) SnB is both great and bad pick. It is great, because there is one boss(3rd left) that will punish severely casting healers and usually is a point where allot pug parties wipe. While SnB healer has no penalties. Other bosses are just fine, but again it is more skill intensive. The issue might be the last boss mid with his special mechanics where he randomly debuffs one person and any damage dealt will harm party and can wipe. So if u get that debuff for next 20 sec u are not allowed to hit and therefore to heal. U still can use Blood of my Blood though if u need keep ur party alive
  • HV - has a nice SnB set. But will be an issue for SnB healer on final boss on portal phase. Still doable if u have strong casting healer and/or u are well skilled as an SnB
  • Beast Lord. Is doable with SnB, but the Praag boss. Praag boss will heal himself based on numbers ppl he hits. So u are interested to have as little mDPS as possible. Preferably having only tank tanking it and other ppl killing from afar. Also that boss will need AoE DoK cleansing. BL is still doable if u get another DoK in ur party that will do cleanses or just strong DPS that will melt that boss in no time.
[...]
So I'am DoK junkie playing it since live and loving it despite how butchered it was by devs.

The thing with sDOK in PVE is that it requires someone with minmaxed gear for their level and if its not sDOK bis gear then also a fairly high knowledge about your skills and rotation. 85% of the sDOKs you will find in the beggingin of your PVE adventure will make your instance wipe unless everyone else is in full sov and boosting that one sdok.

Gunbad is doable if the sdok has brain but the issue is that people lack on their skill department and you will wipe very often on no aggro bosses (because he forgets that his 25% lifetap heal tactic makes one of his skills aoe) or his heal will be subpar and will not allow to sustain rest of your party members, also the another thing that works against said type of build for dok is fact that there is no need for a lifetap heal in this dungeon there are no heal debuffs and you could even push the idea that more damage is not worth it because you can easily run a gunbad with one 2h tank and 3 dps + 2 healers. From my experience you should avoid sdoks unless you can spectate their gear and see if they know what they do gear wise.

BB/BE is a nice place to speed up by going 1/3/2 with Sdok being the second healer but we are again in the same paradox, you need gear because without gear you are unable to heal enough to not be burden on your teammates, did it few times with sdok or as sdok and it is quite fast and when he has gear and skills it makes such run a breeze and a lot of fun. From my experience here you can just take sdok because most of the time people at this point either know what they are doing or they are high enough RR to make up for their lack of skill with gear.

No opinion on BS, never took my sdok there nor i ever plan to, i hate this dungeon and i wish it didnt exist, but your points seem to be what i would expect.

HV - defo the easiest dungeon for sdok to do, lots of adds that like to take a lot of damage without any issues, easily allows for the most easy healing. Also gives a nice sdok set.

Beastlord - what we even talk about, its such a breeze that i was able to 2man the bosses, the key for the bosses that heal themself is heal debuff tactic and aoe cleanse tactic (you can easily equip both), but i must say when doing it duo it takes a while + you have to make up for things that otherwise you could bruteforce.

Oh also few corrections for beastlord:
- You dont have to take quests beforehand(but it would be nice if you do), bosses respawn every 15mins its literally always up (Dont believe me? check patch notes from 09/03/2022)
- Noone will start without you especially if you are one of the two healers
- Most important part of doing bestlord is knowledge about bosses, not how advanced one is about their class, you might know the most efficient healing rotation but you will loose because boss says "meats" and your tank does not know that you have to interrupt when he says that.

About gear i cant talk a lot because my sDOK is in deftard due to it being only the ranked spec for me and you need as much survivability as you can for 6v6.
Shinee DOK | 40/82
YellowGuard BG | 40/62
NuclearBombs SORC | 40/40

Self-proclaimed PVE and Fashionhammer expert

Gurzuk

Post#8 » Sun May 07, 2023 8:28 am

Absinth wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 4:14 am
So I'am DoK junkie playing it since live and loving it despite how butchered it was by devs.

I kinda agree on one things and disagree on others.
  • As I've mentioned SnB DoK requires higher skill of play. That is way I recommend to go cup spec.
    I also evaluate experience with dungeons(and class) more than gear. If u do not have experience with dungeon u better run cup as well. Or even better - roll a Zealot :D
  • About dungeon experience personally me had BS run with SoV BG first time running it and Ruin/Redeye experienced chosen. First took 4h to finish, second 1.5h.
  • I've done BS runs on Ruin AM\RP being on par with Vanq+ healers. Had to main tank it on my Ruin IB, because Vanq KoTBS turned out to do it worst than me. Again - experience matters(as well as class tbh).
  • Leader of a group must check pls gear as well as experience with current or at least other dungeons. My most poor run of pug BS was when leader took SnB WP with Anni gear with toughness talis slotted. We wiped on 3rd boss to the left. I blame leader.
  • U can do all(But CnT on order side) dungeons with 3 Dominator + Full BeastLord + genesis set. Personally I've done it(but HV) on both my DoK/WP(despite i had Vanq set). Was on par with other healers as well did some dmg. Good In 2/2/2 runs, because that additional damage on bosses makes some difference. But at that point I was already familiar with my class and even more experienced with dungeons I was running. Back to my point - EXPERIANCE matter more.
  • HV - while having allot of adds to hit has issue on last boss on portal stage. At that stage u do not have anything to hit but portals, and while u run to them u can't provide any meaningful healing, so it is all about ur casting healer. And boss at that stage AoE ur party badly dropping HP pretty low. Might even kill ur other healer without him getting heals from u. I had few runs with SnB DoK. In one run other healer was very unhappy to do all the work at last fight. Another run we wiped three times until I've asked to pass me lead and replaced sDoK with another healer who kindly helped us. Our sDoK was to stubborn to switch cup for at least one boss.
  • Did not know they patched Beast Lord bosses. Anyway u should have ur quests ready, because sometimes there is carry party running to help their friend and they are looking for some ppl just to fill spots. They likely wont wait u for another hour to get all quests. I had such experience myself. I was not even 40 and i was sad I did not took all that quests at lvl 32 :oops: Also my 1st experience on OT SM was - ppl got pissed of waiting me and killed last boss without me. I had to rerun all again(other party wanted me to stay for whole run and it makes sense).
  • BS in not the worst dungeon, just bigger than others. With nice group(experienced i mean) even pugs u can do it under 1.5h. When I run it on my fresh alts I just populate friend list with people I had good experience in other dungeons and invite them to BS. Usually they are good and also interested in running all PvE chain. The worst dungeon would be CnT IMHO, even I do like it's atmosphere.
    Final boss in BS is both easy-peasy and a nightmare depending if ppl use buffhead and have at least room temperature IQ score :D Few things about that boss fight:
    • Configure buffhead to show Rage debuff(id is 5057) on u and all ur party. If some of ur party members has debuff - means for next 20 sec all other ppl can go full daka, since he debuffs only one person.
    • This boss is not dmg race, go more safely. Stop doing damage for a sec if u see ur party starts to drop low fast and doublecheck if it is u who has debuff.
    • Pull adds of ur healers asap.
    • Boss wont reset if anyone is still alive, and other can just release and come back.
**BS - Bastion Stairs. Just to make sure OP got it.

Ads
Absinth

Post#9 » Sun May 07, 2023 11:39 am

Gurzuk wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 8:28 am
Absinth wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 4:14 am
[...]
[...]
  • HV - while having allot of adds to hit has issue on last boss on portal stage. At that stage u do not have anything to hit but portals, and while u run to them u can't provide any meaningful healing, so it is all about ur casting healer. And boss at that stage AoE ur party badly dropping HP pretty low. Might even kill ur other healer without him getting heals from u. I had few runs with SnB DoK. In one run other healer was very unhappy to do all the work at last fight. Another run we wiped three times until I've asked to pass me lead and replaced sDoK with another healer who kindly helped us. Our sDoK was to stubborn to switch cup for at least one boss.
  • Did not know they patched Beast Lord bosses. Anyway u should have ur quests ready, because sometimes there is carry party running to help their friend and they are looking for some ppl just to fill spots. They likely wont wait u for another hour to get all quests. I had such experience myself. I was not even 40 and i was sad I did not took all that quests at lvl 32 :oops: Also my 1st experience on OT SM was - ppl got pissed of waiting me and killed last boss without me. I had to rerun all again(other party wanted me to stay for whole run and it makes sense).
[...] BS STUFF [...]
Welp you have massive attack range on those portals, just target it while you run to it and you are free to spam attacks.
About stubborn sdoks i must say that if you get a one that is main of sDoK he would rather leave the party than respec even if you ask nicely. When i first was doing some dungeons I wasnt really thinking about compositions because they are not this hard compared to live and majority of time consuming stuff is cut out but then i got few sdoks in gunbad that would cause us to wipe and leave the party rather than equiping chalice for a while

With beastlord yeah if you have a carry party then ofc they will not wait but majority of the times i did beastlord we had atleast 2-3 people who had to take quest soo there was no pressure for people. Also i think you can share the quests? not sure tho.

About bastion stairs, I can't say a lot because I simply get bored when it comes to the whole point of it. Its very nice looking place that takes the most time out of every dungeon and seems the most mundane, the fact that it also takes ages to fill party if you are unlucky to get into someones party that was forming for X hours (where X increases based on how much past EU primetime it is or how much it is before eu primetime). It's not hard but its the most wasted time i had in this game and i was living for like a month by doing a gb and then bb/be on daily basis. Thanks for the buffhead tip and trick i will use it if ever set my foot there again. Oh also about adds, if dok is running the on being hit essence restore tactic it is fine to leave one or two adds on him soo that he can selfpump essence and can just spam more heals.
Shinee DOK | 40/82
YellowGuard BG | 40/62
NuclearBombs SORC | 40/40

Self-proclaimed PVE and Fashionhammer expert

Paxsanarion

Post#10 » Sun May 07, 2023 2:29 pm

Gurzuk wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 11:54 am I am the guy who told u about BeastLord and aoe cleanse.

So. I have 5 healers(no zealot) in the game 40/60+. All my 16 alts did runs of BeastLord GB\BBBE\BS. I can tell u few things on that. Most time I play my DoK/WP as SnB or DPS(poor but fun option). Did most PvE SnB.
  • The DoK/WP is bad class for new player/first healer. It is strong class, but gear and skill depended much because of their special mechanics. Good about cup DoK it can not only heal but also pump grp AP with Restored Motivation tactics.
  • Best healer class would be RP\Zealot imho. Both Great healing potential. They will heal, pump group AP and even protect with non stop absorbs procing. Literally 2.5 button class(for PvE). Recommended PvE build would look like RoR.builders - Runepriest. With that set of tactics Adamant Rune will: heal, pump AP to grp, cast absorbs(can be top guard score in some scs). Pretty sure Zealot can go same build.
  • Shaman/AM - still okish, but can only heal. Can't pump ur group AP. Shaman has nice damaging m1(Gork Says Stop) that can be casted on bosses.
Both Shaman\AM and RP\Zealot u go full heal crit(heal more and u restore ur own AP on Restorative Burst tactic) and rest in Futile Strike(reduce chance to be crited).

For Cup DoK i would go with next build RoR.builders - Disciple of Khaine. DoK is very dependent on Soul Essences so u will want stay closer to fights and spam Essence Lash between ur heals on cooldown. Blood Offering only if u have free cycles because it takes long an unaffordable doing it every 10 sec. TIP: u can still use Blood Offering on cooldown, but only to get first proc(will restore u 30 Soul Essence right after u click it). This will keep ur pool full. For RR points go FutileStrike until u get chance to be crited to 0 or close to it. Rest in heal crit chance. Can also slot few init talis in your gear to help to bring chance to be crited to 0 and save some RR points for heal crit chance.
For cup DoK I would not recommend to go lower than full Conq Set. Vanq is much better(can restorer soul essence), but will need more RR and crests spent, so can stick to Conq. Red Eye(gunbad set) is an option too, but to acquire it u will need be useful for ur party, so u either have Conq already or u have ur SnB 3Dominator+X set.
All tallies slotted into Wounds, mby 1-2 into init to get chance be crited to 0. Ignore will power talis in 99% of cases. Ur goal is to sit around 800 willpower including 80 willpower potion. If u already have 7k+ HP and chance to be crited 0 u can slot 2 willpower talis into u weapons if u are still under 800 willpower. Also one can say using armor talis instead of wound on DoK. I would still recommend going wounds up until u get SoV.

For SnB DoK I would recommend to go this build RoR.builders - Disciple of Khaine. Can swap Potent Covenants with Fueled actions if u will find ur self low on Essences. Go Futile Strikes( + few init talis and gear) to bring ur chance be crited to 0, rest in Block and Parry. Devour Essence is ur bread and butter.
For gear u can go with 3 pieces of Dominator(Boots, Belt, Gloves) + Full Beast Lord. If u do not have Beast Lord yet go, replace them with 3 Merc set for armor and str bonus. Talis - str. After u get Sentinel set with jewerly u can go full set + 4 beast lord(Armor, Cloack, Book, Jewerly). Or if u have HV set - use it instead.
There is more on gearing\playing in this guide here viewtopic.php?t=30627 It was made for WP but 90% is accurate for DoK. Also It was done before crest\ward system rewamp. Now it is much easer: 1)One currency for all sets 2)One set(or mixed) will open a Ward for all other sets in next tier. Previously u had to get all sets for healer to open next healer one, and separately all for dd to open next dps one. Now Conq(or Dominator or Redeye) set will open both Vanq and Oppressor.

So I would recommend u:
  • Hit 40rr+ so u: a)can get ur Dominator(3 piece)+3 Merc set. b)or get full Conq set.
  • If u have Conq set and good with cup, do BeastLord. Unless u find a group that will carry u through it as SnB dok. After BL done, u can go 3 Domi + full BeastLord set.
  • If u have full Conq - skip Gunbad and start doing HV or/and BBBE. If u don't have full Conq set(or full Dominator) u will need to to Gunbad as well, to open ur next set Ward. Redeye full set(no cloak needed, but good to have if u plan use it as main healing set) will open same Ward as full Conq or Domi. U can use Redeye set than instead of Conq for cup build
  • Do not do Bastion Stairs dungeon until u hit decent rr(60+) and/or decent gear(Vanq 5+ if u choose to go cup. HV or Sentinel set if u choose to go SnB)
Important: make sure u acquire all Beast Lord quest(including one in the capital city) BEFORE u start looking for the group. NPC are located very far one from another and it might take allot of time to get all quests, especially for new player. This will make ur party sad and likely them starting to kill bosses without u. Why? Because Beast Lord bosses are world wide, unlike dungeons, and any other group including Order, can come and kill them. Respawn takes hour or so.

More on gear:
  • Green gear is bad. Get sets listed above
  • Boots and Gloves can be bought for gold on AH. Or someone can gift it to u. This is true for all PvP sets up to invader.
  • Other healer classes have more option to get healer gear. Beast Lord for Shamans\Zealots will be healing spec. Also being easer classes they can afford doing BeastLord in Anni or Ruin set. Than they can go 3 Conq+full BL set and start doing all others dungeons like this
  • Take a look into genesis jewerly set. 2 piece bonus is very nice. For healing spec I would recommend 24wounds/24willpowwer + 24init/36healingpower. For Snb I would go with 14str/3%parry + 24wounds/24str
  • There are some cheap jewelry from Gunbud on Auction Hous: Rough Gunbad Diamond/Amber/Ruby; It will give u some block and parry needed for SnB. It was so cheap that I used to sell it to the vendor. U can ask in chat for someone to gift it to u since u being new player
  • Take a look at T4 epic quests, there are nice weapons that can safe u some crests https://wiki.returnofreckoning.com/Epic_QuestsOther possible weapons options are:
    • lvl39 Scenario weapons if u wana safe crest and do not plan upgrade them
    • lvl40 Scenario weapons. They cost more. Take them if u plan upgrade them
    • Subjugator weapons. Each costs 15 genesis crests. 1 genesis crest is kinda equal to 8 war crest. So they are pretty cheap.
    • T4 RvR zones Influence weapons are also nice and not hard to get them. And they cost no crests
    • Each purple bag from Gunbad will drop one purple weapon, that is slightly worst copy of Subjugator weapons. So in singe GB run u can get all 4 weapons: healing sword/cup and dps sword\shield
Addons.
  • Yes, game addons are important. At some point u should spend few days to learn how to use VinyUI addon pack. But until than u should at least have few must have addons. Buffhead is one of them. Generally easy to install and use. Will show u buffs/debuffs over ur and party memebrs head. Can configure it to filter certain buffs\debuffs.
  • Another addon I would recommend is - Enemy. But it will require more time to configure - u will need to hide existing party/wb window to use Enemy one instead.
Conclusion:
I would strongly recommend to master both cup and SnB even if u plan mostly SnB. Also get one decent healer set, which would be 5 pieces of Vanq imho. Six would be better. SnB DoK has its spot in small scale up to 6 man. But in RvR Warband play, no one wants u, so going cup healer with Vanq set will open more content to u.

I am adding more details to this post once I find out I missed smth, so u can reread it time to time.
Spent one hour on this. Mby will post this as a guide one day 8-)

I do not have very good spoken English, but якщо ти розмовляєш українською, зможу тобі розповісти більше в discord дзвінку :D
I enjoyed reading this, great information...thank you for sharing :-)