Recent Topics

Ads

[BG] Complete 2h SOLO Guide

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Exclus1v3

[BG] Complete 2h SOLO Guide

Post#1 » Thu May 11, 2023 5:00 am

Hello brothers. Been seeing quite a few fresh BGs lately and wanted to get around to helping those that have asked about my build etc.

So, I threw this vid together showcasing the way I play my BG based off many hours of experience and a bit of math/theorycrafting behind the scenes.

Hope it helps the community and encourages more solo/duo play on off-meta classes. I am always open to any kind of feedback as well. Cheers.

Click here to watch on YouTube

Ads
CyunUnderis

Re: [BG] Complete 2h SOLO Guide

Post#2 » Thu May 11, 2023 6:41 am

Please, when you check the %parry you have, use the command .getstats.

The %parry displayed on the character windows takes the %parry from your gear and add the %parry bonus coming from the Weaponskill. But this %parry bonus can only be calculated depending of the Strength of your enemy. So the %parry bonus you will have will not be the same against someone with 500 Strength or another one with 1050 Strength.

https://wiki.returnofreckoning.com/Stat ... Attributes

BluIzLucky

Post#3 » Thu May 11, 2023 8:45 am

Great guide, I think this strikes a good balance of regen and offense.
I run pretty much same renown spec, the 120ws+18% parry is great :)

That set up will have:
4% from warlord boots+cloak
18% from parry renown
6% from sent ring talis (if picked)
10% from Memory of Kal (if picked)

4% from WS against soft cap str
7.5% vs midrange str
20% vs low cap str

So somewhere between 26-58% parry.
With an extra 3% from Genesis Fragment if picked.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Absinth

Post#4 » Thu May 11, 2023 5:20 pm

Nice guide but maybe im blind and i dont see the 4th tactic that you are running? I assume its toughness one?
Shinee DOK | 40/82
YellowGuard BG | 40/62
NuclearBombs SORC | 40/40

Self-proclaimed PVE and Fashionhammer expert

Exclus1v3

Post#5 » Mon May 15, 2023 6:39 am

CyunUnderis wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 6:41 am Please, when you check the %parry you have, use the command .getstats.

The %parry displayed on the character windows takes the %parry from your gear and add the %parry bonus coming from the Weaponskill. But this %parry bonus can only be calculated depending of the Strength of your enemy. So the %parry bonus you will have will not be the same against someone with 500 Strength or another one with 1050 Strength.

https://wiki.returnofreckoning.com/Stat ... Attributes
This is not a technical guide, players have the Wiki and forum posters such as yourself to stress these details. Understanding the difference between .getstats and the character sheet will not have any substantial impact on your performance playing a solo BG in-game.

Nevertheless, I appreciate the feedback and should have made a note of that on screen instead of glossing over it.

Exclus1v3

Post#6 » Mon May 15, 2023 6:43 am

Absinth wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 5:20 pm Nice guide but maybe im blind and i dont see the 4th tactic that you are running? I assume its toughness one?
Yeah the 4th tactic is Rugged, apologies for not making that more clear

reynor007

Post#7 » Mon May 15, 2023 7:03 am

I like your videos, it's a pity that we didn't meet, maybe it would be an interesting fight. before there was only one decent solo BG "Anarin"
WH - mdpv 80+
WE - Witchrage 80+

Exclus1v3

Post#8 » Mon May 15, 2023 7:18 am

reynor007 wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 7:03 am I like your videos, it's a pity that we didn't meet, maybe it would be an interesting fight. before there was only one decent solo BG "Anarin"
I hope to return to the game very soon, will look out for you buddy o7

Ads
nat3s

Post#9 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 11:11 pm

I prefer this build for solo play:

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,9359,9371

Plays more like an IB where you keep your hate high rather than spending it. Wave of Scorn to close the distance, way better than knockdown in solo paly. With sent weapon you end up with around:

* 85%+ parry
* 85%+ disrupt

Great for solo AMs, WHs and WLs which are a lot of your fights. The disrupt move speed tactic is good fun.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG