Recent Topics

Ads

Why are people so afraid of sieging?

Let's talk about... everything else
kemanpana

Why are people so afraid of sieging?

Post#1 » Tue May 16, 2023 5:49 am

So I'm a comparatively new player to the game and I think for the most part I got a good grip on the mechanics of the RvR system now, but one thing that still eludes me is the general hesitancy to get a ram and start a siege. (Granted it took me a while to realise, that your keep has to be level 2 to be able to get a ram in the first place haha)

Just yesterday i was participating in the elven T4-Zone, Destro managed to get a 2-star keep pretty quickly while the order keep was still at 0-star. But then for the longest time just nothing happened, like at all.

The siege only finally began like 2 hours later, when the order keep was already at 2-stars and after they had a ram of their own destroyed.

Is there some huge downside to a failed siege, that I am not aware of? (Debuffs, Keeps deranking or what have you) Otherwise I don't understand while you atleast just wouldn't try a siege, especially while the enemy keep is still low level, because seems to me, that a failed siege doesn't really cost anything.

Please help me understand this. :D

Thank you!

Ads
rejndjer
Suspended

Re: Why are people so afraid of sieging?

Post#2 » Tue May 16, 2023 6:17 am

bro sieges are like boring and stuff - according to some - and also if you fail a siege enemy may have get a bag, which is like, so baaaaad. also it's bad when our pixels die in game, that's very bad too.

Xergon

Post#3 » Tue May 16, 2023 6:18 am

kemanpana wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 5:49 am So I'm a comparatively new player to the game and I think for the most part I got a good grip on the mechanics of the RvR system now, but one thing that still eludes me is the general hesitancy to get a ram and start a siege. (Granted it took me a while to realise, that your keep has to be level 2 to be able to get a ram in the first place haha)

Just yesterday i was participating in the elven T4-Zone, Destro managed to get a 2-star keep pretty quickly while the order keep was still at 0-star. But then for the longest time just nothing happened, like at all.

The siege only finally began like 2 hours later, when the order keep was already at 2-stars and after they had a ram of their own destroyed.

Is there some huge downside to a failed siege, that I am not aware of? (Debuffs, Keeps deranking or what have you) Otherwise I don't understand while you atleast just wouldn't try a siege, especially while the enemy keep is still low level, because seems to me, that a failed siege doesn't really cost anything.

Please help me understand this. :D

Thank you!

Not everyone loves funnels fights and thats what it comes down usually during the sieges. If you are attacking side you have much harder task as you have to push into enemy through narrow choke (gate) or postern where there is no light of sight (for healers). You can still succeed if you have properly setup WB and you coordinate push from both sides with the rest of the realm but thats doesnt happen too often these days. Also some maps and keeps positions favors defends/attackers even more. Before pushing campaign (locking zones) there was reason behind to push to fort and then to trigger city siege, now its irrelevant so the only reason to do so is for bag/rp reward and thats it. As experienced player i enjoy much more when you have more options to engage fights and how you can move on the field. Current siege mode limits its into very narrow gameplay, you need to have enough support and you need to be enough tanky so you can get through dmg choke created by enemy. Coordinating how to fire off M4 from tanks and how your Healers manage theirs resources in WB can be fun and effective but thats not the case most of the time. I personally would love to give more value to Battlefield Objectives so ppl has to spread around the map to gain additional help during siege (that can work both sides for defenders and attackers).
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#4 » Tue May 16, 2023 6:26 am

idk why are people fixated on giving more value to BOs "...so ppl has to spread around the map to gain additional help during siege". siege should be central point of rvr campaign while it's going on, and EVERYONE should want to be part of it because it would be fun and rewarding.

xergon you already say in first half of post how attacking keep is hard. then you propose to make it even harder. hmmmm.

Xergon

Post#5 » Tue May 16, 2023 6:37 am

rejndjer wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 6:26 am idk why are people fixated on giving more value to BOs "...so ppl has to spread around the map to gain additional help during siege". siege should be central point of rvr campaign while it's going on, and EVERYONE should want to be part of it because it would be fun and rewarding.

xergon you already say in first half of post how attacking keep is hard. then you propose to make it even harder. hmmmm.
Because not everyone plays in Full WBs and only in properly setup full WB you are enough force to make difference in the sieges... There are small roaming groups who would enjoy and be more effective and have more fun fighting for BOs than being in siege. As i said it can work both ways, as attacker, when you decide or manage to set siege that USUALLY means you already have advantage in numbers, so you should be able to spread some of those numbers to control BOs to make siege easier (harder hitting ram/harder hitting siege/defense/healing boost).

Its 2023 and ppl who play this game for more than 2/3 years still does not understand how Oil works, how to effectively use Morale on Tanks n Healers to help your frontline get through choke so you can actually start threatening enemy inside the keep.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

inoeth
Suspended

Post#6 » Tue May 16, 2023 9:50 am

siege if failed or not triggers getting bags on both sides. i dont know why ppl playing for "denying bags" for the other side, its so stupid, cuz it also means no bags for your own side.

who cares about "winning" when in the end everyone just wants bags lol

Ruin

Post#7 » Tue May 16, 2023 10:00 am

inoeth wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:50 am siege if failed or not triggers getting bags on both sides. i dont know why ppl playing for "denying bags" for the other side, its so stupid, cuz it also means no bags for your own side.

You are mistaken, if a defence is successful only defenders gets renown, bag roll, and influence.

Phantasm

Post#8 » Tue May 16, 2023 10:22 am

inoeth wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:50 am siege if failed or not triggers getting bags on both sides. i dont know why ppl playing for "denying bags" for the other side, its so stupid, cuz it also means no bags for your own side.

Gold bag 40 crests is very low if you compare what you get running few hours group/warband in active RvR zone. Just check urself. Siege are great for boring times.

Ads
normanis

Post#9 » Tue May 16, 2023 10:38 am

ppl afraid siege if there is defenders, they better do pve siege with 100%+ aao.
ps even balance gulds dont xrealm to 100% underdog.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Garamore

Post#10 » Tue May 16, 2023 10:39 am

It’s because they are boring.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore