Recent Topics

Ads

Faction Imbalance

Let's talk about... everything else
Nickalispicalis

Re: Faction Imbalance

Post#21 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:15 pm

Depending on what time of the day you play, it could be the case that you are simply SOL. If you do not want to play order, there are no other options. You can wait until the offenders hit 40 and hope they don't then decide to start playing alts.

It is pretty bad when even with an afker they still go 500 to 0.

Incidentally, the answer to faction imbalance is not to show me a dozen consecutive destro wins. That only demonstrates that destro can do the pre-made pug smash dance too. What you wish to be aiming for is a close competitive match.

The ELO system works. It worked in Rift. Under this system, you can form all the pre-mades you want and it will not avail you anything, as you will only face peer competitors. The rating was hidden too, so no egos need be bruised.

Ads
Stinkyweed

Post#22 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:05 pm

The NA nightly pug scene is dependant upon what side has "regulars" playing. From my experience the past few weeks, order just works better together. ...but I completely understand my viewpoint is limited to my experience only.
Stinkyweed SH.86
Prowl WE.85
Blob Chop.82
Babaganoush Sham.7x
Negative Creep Z.5x
Motley Crue WH.5x
Scratch WL.3x

Don't fall asleep...don't fall asleep...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7uxesyQWo

Avanos

Post#23 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:43 pm

Here's a tip for your mental health:

Don't queue SCs

Stick to oRVR - where you can control your engagements.
Veretta the Witch Elf

Nickalispicalis

Post#24 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:17 am

Avanos wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:43 pm Here's a tip for your mental health:

Don't queue SCs

I find the Scenarios to be the best of the game. I do participate in the Orvr, but I find it rather tedious. Mostly running from flag to flag. Despite large number of players, multiple warbands, actual combat can be exceedingly rare and when it does happen it can be all over before you can blink your eyes.

Who can recall playing live? It has been so long that I have trouble recalling, but as best as I can recollect, it was open PVP everywhere. I think only the staring areas were safe. If that is good or bad thing is up to the individual to decide.

Warhammer in its present state although PVP centric, is pretty sanitized in that all the PVP takes place in instances. I guess it's possible for two players that are flagged outside RVR zone to battle, but I have never seen that happen.

I see people complaining about how boring city sieges are. To me, raiding a capital city should not be an instance at all. You should form your warbands and be able to attack a capital, anytime you want. Taking out the big bosses, should give a massive reward. However, the developers have to find a way to implement magical range attacks for PVE mobs. Having Morathi or Teclis running around attacking people with their staff would like rather silly.

Scottx125

Post#25 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:13 am

The problem with city sieges is that it's always against some super strong pre-made that nobody has a chance of winning against. And with what recently happened, naming no names. When a group left because they were guaranteed to get farmed. The leader was banned from the game.

That's pretty much put an end to a lot of guilds participating in cities now because of that decision. My personal opinion on that is if there's a function to leave the city, people should be allowed to do that. You can't ban someone just because someone became butthurt. I would also suggest that allowing such a farmable encounter to go ahead is essentially kill trading.

There needs to be a way, to protect players against predatory guilds that seek to farm them in higher tier content and provide fairer matchups. Nobody should be forced to spend 1-2 hours getting farmed. It's not fun and it drives people away from the content. Also, the rewards for doing city are still there but compared to what they used to be are lack-luster. Whilst I love the new unified currency system, cities being the only placed to get sovereign crests made them an essential form of content for end game gear progression. Ever since the new currency system, that value has been lost.

ORVR on the other hand is somewhat stale. It's been in dire need of an overhaul, especially since the campaign system has been made pointless/irrelevant to city sieges and some class balance issues are really beginning to grind on the community. The mara pull being able to pull someone from another zone is just a joke at this point.

SC's are like cities, you either stomp or get stomped. Very rarely do you get an even fight. Only in discordant SC's do you get a glimmer of a truly random setup. But again, you either stomp because you get a good team composition or get stomped because you've got 1 tank 1 dps and 6 healers...
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Detangler

Post#26 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:16 am

Nickalispicalis wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:17 am
Avanos wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:43 pm Here's a tip for your mental health:

Don't queue SCs

I find the Scenarios to be the best of the game. I do participate in the Orvr, but I find it rather tedious. Mostly running from flag to flag. Despite large number of players, multiple warbands, actual combat can be exceedingly rare and when it does happen it can be all over before you can blink your eyes.

Who can recall playing live? It has been so long that I have trouble recalling, but as best as I can recollect, it was open PVP everywhere. I think only the staring areas were safe. If that is good or bad thing is up to the individual to decide.

Warhammer in its present state although PVP centric, is pretty sanitized in that all the PVP takes place in instances. I guess it's possible for two players that are flagged outside RVR zone to battle, but I have never seen that happen.

I see people complaining about how boring city sieges are. To me, raiding a capital city should not be an instance at all. You should form your warbands and be able to attack a capital, anytime you want. Taking out the big bosses, should give a massive reward. However, the developers have to find a way to implement magical range attacks for PVE mobs. Having Morathi or Teclis running around attacking people with their staff would like rather silly.
All of this.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Avernus

Post#27 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:35 am

Scottx125 wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:13 am There needs to be a way, to protect players against predatory guilds that seek to farm them in higher tier content and provide fairer matchups. Nobody should be forced to spend 1-2 hours getting farmed. It's not fun and it drives people away from the content. Also, the rewards for doing city are still there but compared to what they used to be are lack-luster. Whilst I love the new unified currency system, cities being the only placed to get sovereign crests made them an essential form of content for end game gear progression. Ever since the new currency system, that value has been lost.
What? You mean that if you go city and, after team check/first engagement, you leave, you can be banned?

Sinisterror

Post#28 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:52 am

Scottx125 wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:13 am The problem with city sieges is that it's always against some super strong pre-made that nobody has a chance of winning against. And with what recently happened, naming no names. When a group left because they were guaranteed to get farmed. The leader was banned from the game.

That's pretty much put an end to a lot of guilds participating in cities now because of that decision. My personal opinion on that is if there's a function to leave the city, people should be allowed to do that. You can't ban someone just because someone became butthurt. I would also suggest that allowing such a farmable encounter to go ahead is essentially kill trading.

There needs to be a way, to protect players against predatory guilds that seek to farm them in higher tier content and provide fairer matchups. Nobody should be forced to spend 1-2 hours getting farmed. It's not fun and it drives people away from the content. Also, the rewards for doing city are still there but compared to what they used to be are lack-luster. Whilst I love the new unified currency system, cities being the only placed to get sovereign crests made them an essential form of content for end game gear progression. Ever since the new currency system, that value has been lost.

ORVR on the other hand is somewhat stale. It's been in dire need of an overhaul, especially since the campaign system has been made pointless/irrelevant to city sieges and some class balance issues are really beginning to grind on the community. The mara pull being able to pull someone from another zone is just a joke at this point.

SC's are like cities, you either stomp or get stomped. Very rarely do you get an even fight. Only in discordant SC's do you get a glimmer of a truly random setup. But again, you either stomp because you get a good team composition or get stomped because you've got 1 tank 1 dps and 6 healers...
WTF? Was Someone really banned for leaving City Siege? That is just stupid in every way i can think off, sure ban people for this kind of thing and maybe we will have 150 instead 250 players in a few months. FFS.

There needs to be Unique Rewards in Blue/Purple bags some Bop Some Boe and Set items back to Gold bags. Apply this to Forts and Keeps as well. And no way to buy those unique items only obtainable in Fort/City Bags.
Last edited by Sinisterror on Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Ads
CyunUnderis

Post#29 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:55 am

Scottx125 wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:13 am The problem with city sieges is that it's always against some super strong pre-made that nobody has a chance of winning against. And with what recently happened, naming no names. When a group left because they were guaranteed to get farmed. The leader was banned from the game.
You know very well that it is more complicated than that and there is a passive between both leaders/guilds involved. So why talk about it ? What is the point ? Just don't or players will really think they will get ban because they will leave a city/SC..

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#30 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:53 am

CyunUnderis wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:55 am
You know very well that it is more complicated than that and there is a passive between both leaders/guilds involved. So why talk about it ? What is the point ? Just don't or players will really think they will get ban because they will leave a city/SC..
let's just not talk about anything. delete this forum. why do we even need it? i started playing this game in jan 2022 (i was playing live). it was pretty dead back then, but now it's super-ultra-dead and there's stats that show that. a bunch of people have said why is this is so in a bunch of different topics. devs/gms then only come to point out the most stupid of these and take higher ground to defend their bad changes.