Re: Faction Imbalance

Post#41 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:10 pm

Gegga wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 4:18 pm
Everdin wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:29 pm
Garamore wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 2:03 pm

At some point you have to draw a line
At the same point for everyone
except for guild leaders.
Even guild leaders are responsible for their own actions.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Toshutkidup

Post#42 » Sat Jun 17, 2023 1:43 am

Always something
Last edited by Toshutkidup on Sat Jun 17, 2023 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Vri

Post#43 » Sat Jun 17, 2023 1:46 am

Sofong wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:18 pm its becos order have way more prem in general.
blaming premades is as old as this thread.

chookette

Post#44 » Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:41 am

"It's been like this for years", the most useless argument. Taking user feedback into account is the basis of any successful design.

Akalukz

Post#45 » Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:25 pm

Fix the scenario queuer. Fill each side with equal number of premade and pugs. Play 4 scenarios as a tank, each one we had at least 5 tanks, and maybe 1 healer or none. So i logged a healer, first scenario 8 healers.

Come on bro.
-= Agony =-

Acidic

Post#46 » Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:45 pm

One thing that would help the balance would be fixing the visual of how things are managed.

Some things look weird as far as balanced approach to the different sides. Some explanation would help.

Last set of balance changes giving order cdr on tank, destro on dips
Sudden stop to balance just before slayer balance, ok know we needed to fix a better skills creation / change function but the timing was unfortunate after several sever destro nerfs
Game supplied mechanics such as entering keep unflagged ok but using exit cities seems to have generated odd results
Massive loss continually on destro in forts gets no action, losses with clear understanding (blobbing) in LoTD gets dev attention to fix pop limits but forts stay the same .

It would help a great deal if the specific things were explained why certain things are ok and others considered not. Hard to see the difference of terrain exploit of leaping to walls versus entering keeps unflagged ….

Just ruling on one thing without a context makes the judgement hard to follow as to interpret .

Nickalispicalis

Post#47 » Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:57 pm

What about Mercenary mode? Does it matter to me which side I am on? Not especially. I am willing to make the sacrifice so the matches are more competitive. This way you could avoid the spectacle where one side is bereft of even a single healer. Something that happens on the destro side far too frequently.

This weekends play has been especially egregious for Order taking it all. At one point, almost two pages full of victories. That's 20-0. Order had won 100% of the Battle for Pragg scenarios until just very recently. I guess you have to pitch a few crumbs to the other side on occasion to keep the masochists queuing.

Has Mercenary mode been suggested? Developer feedback?

Asderas27

Post#48 » Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:21 am

Acidic wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:45 pm One thing that would help the balance would be fixing the visual of how things are managed.

Some things look weird as far as balanced approach to the different sides. Some explanation would help.

Last set of balance changes giving order cdr on tank, destro on dips
Sudden stop to balance just before slayer balance, ok know we needed to fix a better skills creation / change function but the timing was unfortunate after several sever destro nerfs
Game supplied mechanics such as entering keep unflagged ok but using exit cities seems to have generated odd results
Massive loss continually on destro in forts gets no action, losses with clear understanding (blobbing) in LoTD gets dev attention to fix pop limits but forts stay the same .

It would help a great deal if the specific things were explained why certain things are ok and others considered not. Hard to see the difference of terrain exploit of leaping to walls versus entering keeps unflagged ….

Just ruling on one thing without a context makes the judgement hard to follow as to interpret .
Destro needs to start whining more on forums.
By now you should have realised side which whines the most gets the changes.
Just start cooking up whine topics daily and you will see changes soon :)
The Unlikely Plan
Ramjumper - Knight of the Blazing Sun
Shewhispers - Swordmaster
Punishingknock - Ironbreaker
TUP
Bellowabuser - Chosen
Moralepumper - Black Orc
Mindkiller - Blackguard

Ads
Kirss

Post#49 » Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:46 am

It would be curious if you had an event where ALL the classes were switched for a (Set time frame) if you opted in for it.

I think the results would be fun for everyone to see.

Frytan

Post#50 » Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:20 am

Form a group... forming a balanced group may be asking too much, so just form a group.

That's always been the answer since the dawn of the game. That solos keep pounding their head against the wall and screaming for balance and never changing their tactics is astonishing. I'll just leave it at that.