Recent Topics

Ads

WP 2h DPS Roam movie 2023

Fan art? Some amazing artists in here.
RvR Videos? 6v6 fights? Show off your skills!
Looking to stream the game? We encourage it!
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
yoluigi

WP 2h DPS Roam movie 2023

Post#1 » Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:41 pm

Multiple Duo roaming showcase with differant set up (SW melee, WH, WP shield etc)

Click here to watch on YouTube
Hope you guys enjoy this one had some fun fights in a few sessions.

Ads
yoluigi

Re: WP 2h DPS Roam movie 2023

Post#2 » Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:52 pm

https://discord.gg/rwbaxtb2 If you want warhammer news for videos etc

Sinisterror

Post#3 » Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:58 pm

yoluigi wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:41 pm Multiple Duo roaming showcase with differant set up (SW melee, WH, WP shield etc)

Click here to watch on YouTube
Hope you guys enjoy this one had some fun fights in a few sessions.
Nice as always!
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Zxul

Post#4 » Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:43 pm

When oh when will people learn that if you are a low mitigation you kite the lifetapping wp/dok.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Detangler

Post#5 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:06 am

Why is the general consensus that 2h WP damage is pathetically low when videos like this exist? Good lordy you hit them squishies hard!
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Scottx125

Post#6 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:37 pm

Detangler wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:06 am Why is the general consensus that 2h WP damage is pathetically low when videos like this exist? Good lordy you hit them squishies hard!
1k crit is pretty bad. I've seen SW crit at 4.6k. BW regularly does 3k crit+. The problem with the DPS of a WP is you're stat staved. You're melee which means you need enough health, reduce crit, ini to not splat instantly. But also you need high str and a decent chunk of armour pen as most of your abilities are physical damage. And many of the abilities have relatively low base damage/scale poorly.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Detangler

Post#7 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:58 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:37 pm
Detangler wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:06 am Why is the general consensus that 2h WP damage is pathetically low when videos like this exist? Good lordy you hit them squishies hard!
1k crit is pretty bad. I've seen SW crit at 4.6k. BW regularly does 3k crit+. The problem with the DPS of a WP is you're stat staved. You're melee which means you need enough health, reduce crit, ini to not splat instantly. But also you need high str and a decent chunk of armour pen as most of your abilities are physical damage. And many of the abilities have relatively low base damage/scale poorly.
SW and BW don't self sustain with heals or rez. Seems people say a DoK dual wield DPS Is fine but a 2h WP is bad, when it sure seems like Yoluigi does just fine here.
Destro - Mostly Harmless

Scottx125

Post#8 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:13 pm

Detangler wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:58 pm
SW and BW don't self sustain with heals or rez. Seems people say a DoK dual wield DPS Is fine but a 2h WP is bad, when it sure seems like Yoluigi does just fine here.
Yes, but this is the ONLY situation a WP excels in, 1v1 outlasting an opponent. And only really vs melee classes or tanks. As soon as you go up against anything ranged you're dead. Most Wrath WP don't tend to use ressing and your hots/healing are 50% less effective, so it only really mitigates damage and can't out-heal it. That's down to your life siphon. Outside of 1v1's, the Wrath WP doesn't work. Why would you take a mobility inhibited DPS that can kinda heal itself and kinda do damage, mainly ST and some AoE with 1-2 abilities. When you can have a Slayer or WL that can charge, do double the damage and also debuff enemy healing and armour AOE. And sure, SL die quickly alone, but you could say that about most DPS. Wrath WP sits in a weird middle space where it doesn't excel at anything. Doesn't do good damage, doesn't do good healing, doesn't do good support, doesn't have good mobility. And considering the current meta is ST burst damage or AoE sustain, Wrath doesn't really fit into either or those.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Ads
yoluigi

Post#9 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:22 pm

Pretty much what scott said. Even in 1v1 a full bis choopa can beat me. I've got all my stats in strength but only 400 ws. When i do dmg it's because the WH does the armor debuff. or sw give me crit and wp shield give toughness debuff etc. It's only good at duo in bis and am running all cylinders using triple pot. Focusing on the right target using my 25% armor pen at the right time. It's the worst class in scenarios even at bis am useless. it's only playable if you got bis and a friend to support you i make these videos more for creativity. You do better with vanquisher Wh/slayer/wl/sw. The channel also dont stick as much as before which is annoying. On this videos my build is around big burst but my friend contract he easily does crit 1k-2k with his 800+ ws, 10k health and capped str. 1v1 i can win but tanks if they go regen high parry cant. it's in a weird spot like alwas i've put a fix where we could use Sigmar radiance but only heals allies which would make sense and be more usefull in scenarios. Playing any kind of 4 man + on this guy is really frustrating.

Detangler

Post#10 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:58 pm

yoluigi wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:22 pm
Pretty much what scott said. Even in 1v1 a full bis choopa can beat me. I've got all my stats in strength but only 400 ws. When i do dmg it's because the WH does the armor debuff. or sw give me crit and wp shield give toughness debuff etc. It's only good at duo in bis and am running all cylinders using triple pot. Focusing on the right target using my 25% armor pen at the right time. It's the worst class in scenarios even at bis am useless. it's only playable if you got bis and a friend to support you i make these videos more for creativity. You do better with vanquisher Wh/slayer/wl/sw. The channel also dont stick as much as before which is annoying. On this videos my build is around big burst but my friend contract he easily does crit 1k-2k with his 800+ ws, 10k health and capped str. 1v1 i can win but tanks if they go regen high parry cant. it's in a weird spot like alwas i've put a fix where we could use Sigmar radiance but only heals allies which would make sense and be more usefull in scenarios. Playing any kind of 4 man + on this guy is really frustrating.
How is this significantly different than a DW DoK? I'm just curious, really. Seems people are ok with DoK damage but not 2H WP. The heal debuff proccing on crit for DoK is definitely a big help, but I dont see a ton of differences overall. I have zero real experience at high level DoK gameplay - I last played mine back before sov was introduced and you had to earn your oppressor gear the hard way (which I did :D )
Destro - Mostly Harmless