Recent Topics

Ads

Community wishlist

Let's talk about... everything else
wonshot

Community wishlist

Post#1 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:42 am

Hello,

When the long awaited ability rework is overwith and more time is freed up and the game once again moving forward,
there would potentially be more time and hands available for working on other areas of the game such as
- Quality of Life
- Gamebalance
- New content
- Newplayer experience
- Gameplay loops
- Progression
- Etc.

Since ingame polls are not really being used much any more, and the bridge (community management) between Community and Devs seem like a thing in the past in terms of what Devs are working on, and what the community like, dislike or desire. I figured why not give it a go and see if we could paint a picture of what the community in general would be excited about to see out of RoR in the last half of 2023 and forward.

I will start myself with what I would hope are realistic wishes:

1) Quality of life number 1 issue must be the ability to sell-back an item you missclicked. If it has not yet been equipped.

2) New player experience has been improved on. But maybe its time with the ability rework to also look at 1-39 unlocking of core skills/tactics when they are obtained to unlock builds and fun without breaking gamebalance. Groupheal at lvl 20 when you start facing aoe spam after lvl 16 is one example.

3) T4 oRvR batttleobjectes could really use an overhaul to be a more fun experience, as the main gameplay loop. Each BO for the defenders controlled during a siege reducing Ram damage output by 25/50/75/100 for 1/4 BOs controlled could make the smallscale appeal or splitting up zergs during keep sieges.

Those would be my top 3 of what I personally think would benefit the gamedirection forward, it could be biased or people see it differently.
What would be your wishlist for the direction forward?

(Please stay on topic, dont derail or if you have a debate you want to talk about as a result of some of these responses feel free to open a new topic and adress it there)
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ads
Sinisterror

Re: Community wishlist

Post#2 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:10 am

Nice idea wonshot=) My realistic/doable wishes would def include missclick item sellback and making conqueror/red-eye under lvl 40 set. Lowering Vanq/Opp to rr45 sets and there is now room for new rr50 something set!

1) Aoe Healdebuff back in game with 9 aoe cap and Icd of procs removed or max 05s. These all are needed imo if aoe hd or 9 aoe cap is back it requires minimum these things. Pets getting all buffs,heals and benefits except guard and petpathing fixed.

2) Powerful abilities and procs unnerfed and/or distributed better. Old Overlord/Imperator 2-set bonuses were awesome and suddenly nerfed to basic. Another example would be Engi/Magus Magnet pulling people from keep/fort walls. Both sides would have access to this powerful CC and should work like that again. Pounce back to 1s delayed dmg and can do crit dmg. 5sec CD and can be used from mid-air or ignores GCD. Pounce and Ranged Kd removed from SH. ETC ETC

3) No punishing mechanics regards to renown gain. Add Warchest(2500 crests) rare drop like in live and in PvP all sets should be able to drop at least 1 boe piece. In PvP loot there should be very good proc boe wpns dropping.On top of the personal loot system have a realmwide one and in those purple/gold bags would have actual set items or powerful proc wpns. Same for Fort/City Purple/Gold bag need to have something powerful that you cant get anywhere else or buy it.

4) Battlefield Objectives/Keeps. Add Champion mobs to Bos like they had back in the day. 2min to lock and it would be locked for 10min. Bring back automatik Resource Carrier. Keeps assigned randomly when zone opens. And most importantly you should be able to hit keep doors after ram. Because Melee healing/Lifetapping whilst attacking the door was so much fun & dangerous pvp. Definetely better than afking before the door.

I have too much i want to say so i stop it now before its uncomprehensible to read : D Have to say this still, wayyback in Sc's if were totally dominated and have tried and failed, you could still sneak away from wc and if you got solo kills you got renown, sometimes you got more than anyone else in the scenario if you got 3+ solo kills. And this is not promoting soloing like people tell me it is, its rewarding someone from very unlikely kills. In RoR when i have insane moment in sc like 1v3 win, its under 1k renown=)
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Boomie82

Post#3 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:53 am

Gameplay loop is the biggest issue for me.
Orvr is either pvd or to even to siege most of the time.
I think it could be fun, if you cant repair keep doors anymore. So even if you try to siege and fail, you get rewarded with some damage on the door or even take the outer and have an easier time on the next try.

Ruin

Post#4 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:05 am

For me in terms of QoL SMALL improvements list it would be:
- Making a better test dummy area for Destro in IC, maybe below the Pyramid, or on the arena
- Allowing to name the build we have stored in quick respec options
- Allowing the purchase of more pre-saved builds slots
- Adding a Ranked like menu to regular SC, that shows the number and roles of players in que. Also maybe the number of premades
- Making the mount to be a part of equipment like armour or trophies, and the event mounts would be a change of appearance rather than a new item in the inventory (this would solve the issue of some mount being faster or less susceptible to dismount, as a tooltip error).

paperclipdog

Post#5 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:29 am

1) New player Experience
-Make core mechanics of each class available at level one. Tanks have guard, Healers a ress, Magus/Engi a summon, WH/WE stealth, Maras a Stance,...
-Add additional Addons into the game as baseline like you (wisely) did with SOR. Swiftassist and Tether for example are pretty much mandatory, as is Enemy with some level of setup.
-Add the newbie resources to the front page. The only excuse not to see them should be blindness. I know there are useful links at the bottom of the 'Download Game' tab, but most people stop scrolling as soon as they can. SHOVE IT IN THEIR FACES.
Spinner has neat videos, others have written forum posts. The resources are out there and in formats for everyone's inclination, but they aren't necessarily obvious to find.

2) Balance
-Useless tactics and mandatory tactics are everywhere. It would be cool if you could reduce the amount of both. Magus/Engi for example need a talent for their CORE MECHANIC to function in group play. Well-Oiled Machine / Chaotic Attunement should be baseline to the class. Imagine needing a talent so your Lion/Squig pet can leave your side, or so Combustion doesn't automatically clear itself every time you surpass 100.
If you got that one talent out of the way, Magus at least would have a hard time choosing what to use instead. As Havoc Magus Chaos Unleashed, Daemonic Withering and Endless Knowledge (damage increases) are all mandatory, but now you'd have a bunch of situational talents to choose from to augment your playstyle, none obviously better than the others in all situations. I could even justify Changer's Blessing/Surging Power+Swift flames instead of Daemonic Withering for a kiting build. Currently, I'd run none of these under any circumstances.
I think at least one tactic should be situational, 2-3 mandatory depending on spec seems ok. Might be more fun if you made all Int/BS/Str/...(almost always mandatory & boring) tactics baseline aswell, but idk how badly that'd screw with balance.

3) Quality of Life
-Renown-&Class-Trainers near the Training construcs, PLEASE. :=)

Sulorie

Post#6 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:03 pm

wonshot wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:42 am
1) Quality of life number 1 issue must be the ability to sell-back an item you missclicked. If it has not yet been equipped.
Currently you don't need to equip an item in order to use its alternate appearance.
I don't think it would be intended to allow players to use the appearance of items they never bought - being able to sell back would be virtually the same.

I would like to see class trainers at the test dummy area. Moving through the entire city to test different specs is an annoying time waste. Should be pretty easy to implement as well.
Dying is no option.

ravezaar

Post#7 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:51 pm

Nice Idea,

Well I know Devs time and resources and even there possibilities are limited ofc with this old game but I would like to see this.

1 Bug Fixes and visialy components fixed, that bin either completly lost or just bugged out thro the years

2 Sieges worked on, specially Fort, bring back the intrest/focus and even importance of Forts, pushing a campaign and removing of Scheduled City

3 LotD, a new better and somewhat intresting version of LotD. not this gigant pathtic laggy Scenario of a sandbox we have atm.

4 Fashionhammer, want to see more skins again, cloaks, armor varioation and weapons and maybe even a new Jewely set abit higher up in gear then Genesis and also why not a lower Jewelry set when u lvling up.

5 Blacksmithing, is there anything in the code from old game about this crafting ?

6 Balance, I think balance between factions are and should be an ongoing thing tho imho check balance dont listen to a crying playerbase, that would only do more harm then good

My view
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

CyunUnderis

Post#8 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:58 pm

Ruin wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:05 am - Allowing to name the build we have stored in quick respec options
It is possible, if I remember correctly you can do it with SHIFT + Right click (or Left Click) on the name of the respec option.

Ads
Ninjagon

Post#9 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 1:05 pm

1. I would like to reduce the amount of pulls in the game (punts are ok).
2. Change RvR campaign (more fun, exclusivities for Fortresses and Cities, siege weapons)
3. Mythic weapons and other LotD content, including dungeon.
4. 3th faction - skavens :-)
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

dwyur

Post#10 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 1:36 pm

Purple/Gold bag rewards for City Sieges being something more enticing (maybe the 7day ranked event slot item or something of that nature, to get players back into City). Royal crests only dropping in City of course made everyone queue for it, now most do not and as main '24v24 endgame' mechanic players should be rewarded in some way for queueing for it now that is different from war crests. I don't know if actual gear has to drop but anything that refreshes pre-existing gameplay mechanics which I think in their current state have ran their course as there hasn't been any new content or changes in awhile now and the low population is likely a reflection of that.
Actually enjoyable forts are extremely rare as well.
I feel bad for new players at times, the new player who is leveling 1 or 2 characters and still has a long grind ahead of them to reach a level to compete with the majority of players in top gear; something to keep these players logging in and grinding would make sense as the game needs these players. The main playerbase has and can sustain the server I guess but I would think people want new players to enjoy the game and continue playing; I don't really have any ideas to help facilitate this beyond like having the random 2x XP events that we've had maybe 3 since 2020 I forget exactly, or some event to generate extra crests beyond just weekend warfronts. The new quests for hitting new RR levels was a good step in the right direction, I think more of that sort of benefits would help.
Dirkfunk - 82 Runepriest
Dwyur - 81 Sorc | Deloused - 70 DoK | Durtknap- 64 Choppa