Recent Topics

Ads

Need Help Dealing with default UI

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
scatterthewinds

Need Help Dealing with default UI

Post#1 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:01 pm

I've been using effigy for hostile target bars, but I have not been able to find a way to remove the vanilla UI names/guild/title from my target that pokes out from behind the effigy. If I try to remove it through the main settings it reverts back. Anything I can do here?

Thank you

https://imgur.com/bmGlWww

Ads
Skullgrin

Re: Need Help Dealing with default UI

Post#2 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:41 pm

Thats the player name, correct? if so hit esc, click user settings, select targeting tab, then uncheck the name settings you don't want visible.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

scatterthewinds

Post#3 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:03 pm

Yes I have tried this many times. But the settings I untick always reapply themselves.

Omegus

Post#4 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:21 pm

Known bug where the client doesn't save the settings properly. Open up the file located at "user/UserSettings.xml", find the part that starts with "<Names" and then manually change these 4 values to "false". The basic "target" one is the target's name.

target="false"
targettitle="false"
targetguild="false"
targethealthbar="off"

edit: oh just to add though, if the game can find another reason to display the title then it will. For example, if you have the option set to show enemy player names and then you target an enemy player, the name is still shown as your target is an enemy player.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot