Recent Topics

Ads

PSA: Queue Ranked Solo!

Get organized here and slay that monster, or challenge your enemy to an epic battle on the battlefield.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Caduceus

PSA: Queue Ranked Solo!

Post#1 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:34 am

Hello all,

Ranked Solo is a fantastic game mode that provides balanced, crossrealm matchmaking and much better rewards than regular SCs. Ontop of that, it's a great place to learn more about the game and about your class.

I invite all Vanq+ players who regularly solo queue for scenarios to queue for Ranked Solo alongside (even during quiet hours).

You can find Ranked Solo in the scenario list, or access it through the 'Ranked Leaderboards' button on your UI.

I especially encourage new players to give it a try, because the 6v6 format will introduce you to many elements of RoR that stay hidden otherwise. I can guarantee you that playing Ranked Solo will greatly improve your skills as a player.

If many players start doing this, it will be possible to have Ranked Solo popping all day, and this intense, rewarding game mode will become more accessible to everyone. Furthermore, the more people who participate, the better the MMR system can do its job and provide balanced matches.

Lastly, right now is a great time to get into Ranked Solo, because it's off season and there isn't a lot of stress concerning MMR.

Thanks for reading and I hope to see you in Ranked Solo soon!

- Caduceus
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Ads
Dajciekrwi

Re: PSA: Queue Ranked Solo!

Post#2 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:41 am

This game is focused on warbands, deal with that my friend, any solo ranked should never exist

inoeth
Suspended

Post#3 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:29 pm

Dajciekrwi wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:41 am This game is focused on warbands, deal with that my friend, any solo ranked should never exist
what an absolute useless comment.
go play your WB content if you want..

CyunUnderis

Post#4 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:38 pm

I appreciate the initiative but I'll just precise some of your points :
Caduceus wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:34 am I invite all Vanq+ players who regularly solo queue for scenarios to queue for Ranked Solo alongside (even during quiet hours).
You can tag with Vanquisher, but that doesn't mean that you should. It is better to have decent gears, especially for DPS (Sov/Triumphant), because it can be really hard to kill someone if the enemy team know how to press their buttons.

Caduceus wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:34 am I especially encourage new players to give it a try, because the 6v6 format will introduce you to many elements of RoR that stay hidden otherwise. I can guarantee you that playing Ranked Solo will greatly improve your skills as a player.
It can help you improve if you want to improve, if you join the Ranked Discord channel, and if you listen the veteran players. Also, joining without knowing how to assist is discouraged.

Sofong

Post#5 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:18 pm

theres maybe 10-20 ppl want to play that 15 mins long and boring gamemode for 0-3 kills .

nebelwerfer

Post#6 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:13 pm

it was great for a while, but at this point of the game.. its just not worth the blood, sweat and tears for a measly kill or two in minute 14 due to fatigue.

Game does not feel balanced for it, there's way too many oh **** buttons to exhaust before landing a kill unless you win by big comp or gear advantage.

Needs heavy modifications to be more enjoyable for me. Id say banning certain morales and potions alltogether would go a long way

wildwindblows

Post#7 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:32 pm

Order side got all burst and utility so hell no.

Elemint

Post#8 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:46 pm

I tried it for a few games but nobody would follow my lead, then i got some rude messages. I'd say don't bother unless you can't farm crests another way - you get 5 at the end!

Ads
Sinisterror

Post#9 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:49 pm

MMR should be removed with Solo Ranked Discord, and no voice chat. But cant prevent that so just remove MMR. Also Shield Wp/Dok and no aoe HD (Rip Dps dok/wp because shield no grp melee heal and no AP melee heals at al) And overnerfing CC and Crit and Dps overall is so much lower because the gameplay is 0.35s slower than it used to be and should be!

Now when good people play 6v6 its very boring and no kills unless someone slacks alot. Bring back old GCD 1.15s not 1.5s and 60-66dps wpns and 101.5 2h wpns are still missing with their awesome or very bad procs, but those snare procs with armour debuff proc in Wpns for my Live dps dok were awesome, because snare proc stacked with covenant + snare!

That kind of power for all charachters are missing in RoR vs Live and not even any Lotd talismans needed just more choices in what Armour to wear so things like +2 in sove/warlord shouldnt exist, but +2 Should exist in merce/anni/ruin as 5th bonus and crit back to 4pc bonus.

Remove all bonuses like 5% reduced chance to something, and add that 4-5% Reduced whatever to the set piece or pieces so crit can be 4th bonus and 5th can be like 7pc sove/warlord/Invader/VicTriumhp bonuses. All classess need+deserve 10/25% Crit dmg proc and espesially now we should really make Conqueror and Red-Eye Lvl 30-35 rr 30 in conq. Then drop Vanquisher/Oppressor to new rr45 set and until you ding rr45 you cant ding lvl 40 but after rr 45 1xp is enough to make you lvl 40. Anni,merce,deva,duel, all under lvl 40 sets drop requirements to wear them by 7-10 lvls.

Also maybe bolstering under rr 50-60 to lvl 41? I actually would love some kind of return to Npc Champs at Bo's and actual Tiers. T1-19 T2-20-34 T3 35lvl-rr45 and T4 would be over rr45 but they would get bolster and extra 10+ renown points until rr 60. New sets to replace places of Vanq/Opp. Copy paste looks and set bonuses but from right bonuses to right characters. Removal of Shield from dokwp and incresed crit dmg/crit procs belong to all chars. Also dont just let slayer/choppas enjoy full invader! except now it can be 5pc bonus because of "No stupid/not really exciting bonuses to "high" lvl sets"

I remember sorc was the only char that got 7pc Warlord bonus in Aor " 20% + dmg to your target but 20% - to everyone else " Would be very enticing along with 9 aoe cap, aoe hd and no morale dmg cap=)
Last edited by Sinisterror on Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Reivren27

Post#10 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:57 pm

The mode is tedious and doesn't fit the realities of the mechanics of this game. If I want something competitive, I'd rather go play arena in WoW, which is a thousand times better than local ranked.