Recent Topics

Ads

PSA: Queue Ranked Solo!

Get organized here and slay that monster, or challenge your enemy to an epic battle on the battlefield.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
lemao

Re: PSA: Queue Ranked Solo!

Post#21 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:57 pm

ravezaar wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:58 am Ranked is Lore breaking, undo it and I can que again Devs
Only 40 year old boomers care about lore.

Ads
agemennon675

Post#22 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:40 pm

I think this game mode needs a lower barrier of entry like you can only queue with max vanq gear or equalised gear system to be more popular and successful because game mode having a population problem right now.

Thank you OP for trying to keep the game mode alive its great.
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

SuperStar

Post#23 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:11 pm

lemao wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:57 pm
ravezaar wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:58 am Ranked is Lore breaking, undo it and I can que again Devs
Are there anyone else here?

Tanski

Post#24 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 5:19 pm

Reivren27 wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:57 pm The mode is tedious and doesn't fit the realities of the mechanics of this game. If I want something competitive, I'd rather go play arena in WoW, which is a thousand times better than local ranked.
I found wow arena to have way more individual skill expression than RoR anyway. Solo ranked in RoR doesn’t work because it is a group based game, if you have one bad player you will just get farmed. Every match came down to tank play and DD MA . It was never really “solo” if u know what I mean ;) .

Im not sure deranker group is still doing events I haven’t had time to play but those were fun and everyone in there was pretty chill, no one sperging out :) .
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am

ravezaar

Post#25 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:55 pm

lemao wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:57 pm
We all above 40 rest moved along to better games long ago. Lore is All

I get if one comes from WoW Lore dont matter cause its sux
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

nocturnalguest

Post#26 » Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:17 am

Tanski wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 5:19 pm
Solo ranked in RoR doesn’t work because it is a group based game, if you have one bad player you will just get farmed. Every match came down to tank play and DD MA . It was never really “solo” if u know what I mean ;) .

Im not sure deranker group is still doing events I haven’t had time to play but those were fun and everyone in there was pretty chill, no one sperging out :) .
Yes, this. Solo ranked kinda doomed in its current state due to alot of reasons that were discussed numerous time but you nail the main thing - only group effort works here, so it aint "solo" like at all.

Deranker group is on a very huge break, need someone to revive it.

I suggest devs copy what derankers did: roster pick up groups (rebuild UI, so you apply for a spot, and one can apply to many spots both sides with a char name on account with item level check), schedules (so you can prepare yourself properly, make it like 10 different time slots per week ) and set-up rules for group compositions (preset compositions should be forced so one would apply for a spot in like kotbs-sm-asw-wl-rp-am/wp etc, shield heal vs shield heal, DPS BiS or close to (like put very high item level requirement so you cant q as vanq slayer/choppa), tanks vanq+, heals invader+).

No need for solo q to be active anytime. Schedule is way better with sign ups beforehand with preset compositions to fill with randomized players.

This would imo lead to a very great experience for everyone participating and randomized players in teams would balance out incredibly huge gap between real premade teams and ragtag 6 ppl playing together making this whole thing as a preparation step to enjoy the gamemode, make likeminded friends and maybe form a real team (and this last part is actually where almost everyone stops, one forms friends/guild/alliance group and try to practice but then one encounter some real team that plays together since live and one would need to harshly lose like ~20 times to build coordination and stuff, nobody likes losing without a glimpse of hope and ppl stop here losing interest and stay only to like do warfront together, hence with time going by we only lose real premades and new ones are not forming)

SuperStar

Post#27 » Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:24 am

SuperStar wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:28 am Here is mey yesterday experience:
I played as a lowbie nobie "dps" AM

Nobody was toxic with me! The opposite was true everybody was kind too me.

I got armor pots coz i forget it, we didnt go on discord but it was great fun, i try to assist as much as possible.

I dont even die once thank to my team, we win some, lose some and we have drafts.

It was a geart fun, a good experience.

I would like suggest this fantastic gamemode to everybody even for newbies, nobies like me, lot of renown quality gameplay (atleast from others) and 20 crest/win

I have to override my prev experience, ranked is the same old toxic place even at offseason, i cannot recommend it. if you dont wanna get rude whispers from haters (usually they are clueless and dont know too much about the game)

So forget what i wrote previously.

Whyumadbro

Post#28 » Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:09 pm

ranked is fun, bring it back

Ads
Caduceus

Post#29 » Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:25 am

Whyumadbro wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:09 pm ranked is fun, bring it back

We're working on it!

It's an effort that all Ranked players can contribute to by spreading the word and often queueing Ranked Solo! ^^
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Whyumadbro

Post#30 » Sun Aug 06, 2023 3:34 pm

Caduceus wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:25 am
Whyumadbro wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:09 pm ranked is fun, bring it back

We're working on it!

It's an effort that all Ranked players can contribute to by spreading the word and often queueing Ranked Solo! ^^
And I will do my Part!