Recent Topics

Ads

The Ability System Rewrite and Provisional Patch Notes

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
chovudal

Re: The Ability System Rewrite and Provisional Patch Notes

Post#381 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:41 am

fatelvis wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:32 am Question regarding engineers friction burn turned into melee attack: will ballistic skill provide parry strike through for it then?
I guess it will be parried by everyone and his dog otherwise.
I read it like this: it uses Ballistic, but counts as melee with Parry counter - so Parry strikethrough -> yes.

And what about "Spanner Swipe", its also a melee attack, which can be dodged atm. It should changed like Friction Burn, too.
Yours sincerely Geheimrat Chovu

Eng 85+ | SL 84+ | SM 84+ | WL 83+ | IB 82+ | WP 80+
(Eng RR100 on live - Carroburg/ Karak Norn -)

Ads
supadop

Post#382 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:06 pm

edit
Last edited by supadop on Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stinkyweed

Post#383 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:43 pm

Squig Herder:
- Shootin’ Wif Da Wind - Reverted to live version 1.4.8 and modified to +15 feet range for Quick Shootin’ abilities.

The 1.4.8 live version was +50% feet range to Quick Shootin' abilities resulting in 98ft (tool tip rounding) instead of 65ft+15ft range.
Stinkyweed SH.86
Prowl WE.85
Blob Chop.82
Babaganoush Sham.7x
Negative Creep Z.5x
Motley Crue WH.5x
Scratch WL.3x

Don't fall asleep...don't fall asleep...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7uxesyQWo

Muttakliniken

Post#384 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:08 pm

Can't hit me was the only skill that allowed black orc to kill mobs in large numbers. Now the class sucks so much because it takes so long to kill a mob. Rip black orc

Am so angry at this patch!

Can't Hit Me! - The damage reflect counts as a proc and doesn't trigger on hit or on attack effects
Last edited by Muttakliniken on Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cottonwoodz

Post#385 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:11 pm

some nice changes but a few meh

Fenris78

Post#386 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:54 pm

Muttakliniken wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:08 pm Can't hit me was the only skill that allowed black orc to kill mobs in large numbers. Now the class sucks so much because it takes so long to kill a mob. Rip black orc

Can't Hit Me! - The damage reflect counts as a proc and doesn't trigger on hit or on attack effects
Working as tooltip was saying ; "On block" is not the same as "on being attacked".
For that matters, I dont thing it will be too bad against PvE, while I'm not sure the class was intended to kill large groups of mobs passively, unlike KotBS/Chosen.

Before I guess it had no internal CD, unlike now.

I still think BO got enough AoE spammable attacks to still be able to defeat large groups of mobs alone, just need slight gameplay adjustements. ;)

ErPelo

Post#387 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:59 pm

Hi, first of all thank you for the great work you dedicate to the platform, given that you are making important changes I have a request, I would kindly like the BOX system to be eliminated, it is highly stressful for players who have to click frantically to secure the renown of the box.. this happens every time you have to take a BOX.. the continuous licking is highly stressful and creates nervousness among the players to grab a box.. so I ask you to bring the system back to the origin of the game by eliminating the strong concentration of stress among players to get a box.. I have been playing since the origin of the Warhammer live game and the old system was efficient anyway.. I conclude by clearly asking again to eliminate the BOXES and return to the origins of the game.

Thank you so much again for your great work

what63

Post#388 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:14 pm

Muttakliniken wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:08 pm Can't hit me was the only skill that allowed black orc to kill mobs in large numbers. Now the class sucks so much because it takes so long to kill a mob. Rip black orc

Da Greenest was already the worst resist buff in the game by a good margin as the chances of getting hit by direct damage at all, passing the 25% chance check for proc, having it be the correct type of damage and this happening at any point where an ally actually needed it were miniscule outside of complete blob play. Reducing the chances for this already once a week occurence by like up to 90% makes absolutely no sense. Should at least just become on hit instead and dunno, proc a random element I guess, so you at least don't have it be completely useless whenever people are sensible and don't target the BO outside of bombing.

Da Biggest was already not even slightly reliable in most play, the pool of stats was just too goddamn bit to really get whatever you were looking for, on top of things like auras and various other buffs narrowing down the useful selection of procs there to a ridiculously small amount with far more sensible methods of delivery. Now that it's got an ICD (seemingly, anyways) it just feels like a complete meme to run.

That being said, BO AoE farm is completely alive, you can tank and kill hordes of stuff without going SnB for the channel anyways. And far more efficiently on top. This mainly really sucks for people in bad gear/leveling, and it's gonna be really rough, but outside of that it's all fine.

Ads
Muttakliniken

Post#389 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:00 pm

Do you really think black orc can still kill mobs the way you explain it. Let me record a clip where you can see how bad black orc is at fighting and how long it takes to kill a mob that is the same level as me.

Mez

Post#390 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:15 pm

I had to google what Crippling Terror was. Sorc really got ignored bad. I feel bad for the EU zerg sorcs as this used to be good ( i used it on live ). Now a morale 4 that is a 15 foot AOE silence? yuck. How was this the only change though. Give single target sorcs some utility, or something new to play with. Maybe read my signature?
Word of Pain and Boiling Blood are no longer able to proc anything. The Bright Wizard College has confirmed this is a big deal. (stealth nerf)
https://bugs.returnofreckoning.com/view.php?id=18255