Recent Topics

Ads

Developer Update - 25 August 2023.

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
githappens

Re: Developer Update - 25 August 2023.

Post#71 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:26 am

I don't want to be that guy, but you can get like k/d 20:1 on rDPS atm while roaming (yes, on order).

Ads
lumpi33

Post#72 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:28 am

githappens wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:26 am I don't want to be that guy, but you can get like k/d 20:1 on rDPS atm while roaming (yes, on order).
By killing randoms in low gear. Wohoo. Try fighting a 2/2/2 setup with a ranged class like a SW or engi. No damage, no chance. No matter if they are group or not. How many rdps do you see in premade scenario groups, cities, warbands or ranked? Maybe one sorc or bw for the ranged champ. That's it. Don't tell me that rdps, especially SWs and engis are doing well. They don't.

And you are having an issue with 20:1 rpds but not with melee warbands getting hundreds of kills, dominating the zone, pushing people back into the warcamps and keep without dying? Come on now. That 20:1 rdps killing lowbies without gear and heals are a non-factor.

githappens

Post#73 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:43 am

lumpi33 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:28 am
githappens wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:26 am I don't want to be that guy, but you can get like k/d 20:1 on rDPS atm while roaming (yes, on order).
By killing randoms in low gear. Wohoo. Try fighting a 2/2/2 setup with a ranged class like a SW or engi. No damage, no chance. No matter if they are group or not. How many rdps do you see in premade scenario groups, cities, warbands or ranked? Maybe one sorc or bw for the ranged champ. That's it. Don't tell me that rdps, especially SWs and engis are doing well. They don't.
Especially SW. You got insane burst, combine it with another rDPS and people drop before guard is switched. It's l2p issue, you can fight other premades in open, but you can't make mistakes.

Do you know Exodus for example was dominating group ranked for a while with 1-1-2-2 setup long time ago?

Tip: your tank sends someone into air and its unguarded even if it has guard, burst it in the air and dead body will drop where punt sends it.

lumpi33

Post#74 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:03 am

githappens wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:43 am
lumpi33 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:28 am
Especially SW. You got insane burst, combine it with another rDPS and people drop before guard is switched. It's l2p issue, you can fight other premades in open, but you can't make mistakes.

Do you know Exodus for example was dominating group ranked for a while with 1-1-2-2 setup long time ago?

Tip: your tank sends someone into air and its unguarded even if it has guard, burst it in the air and dead body will drop where punt sends it.
So where are these groups? I don't see them in orvr, I don't see them in scenarios, cities or premade warbands. And even if they manage to kill that way, what is wrong about it? They requires setup and they only have a small time window to get the kill. No mistakes allowed. Melee groups are a lot easier and all I see is melee blobbing groups, especially choppa/mara groups with abusing their pulls. Pull that SW into your group, kd, kill, profit. Can't get any easier.

What you are saying is no explaination to why rdps got reckt so hard in the upcoming patch. It's like hitting a dead horse because rdps were already less wanted in every competitve environment. No doubt about that.

Dackjanielz

Post#75 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:08 am

because of GTDC order spends most of its prime time hiding in warcamps and keeps, this has also pushed a large % of players into RDPS because its the only way to enjoy the game without being sent into constant vomit inducing spins.

You destroy RDPS do these people really believe that those players will move back to melee? lol guess again - i think they would rather quit the game.
I know i'm definately not going to be forced into that cess pit.

The same behaviour is also attributed to something for the destro players - Dessie players avoid keeps and fortresses like a plague and instead roam the lakes in big choppa sucking blobs......Why? because of Rampage.

in these patch notes NEITHER of these things have been addressed meanwhile innocent builds and classes are being knee capped suddenly for no logical reason, 2h slayer and WP changes feel so genuinely vindictive from the influence of one person.
How can 2h slayers be overpowered when they'res only 3 of them playing on the server?
The only explanation is SOMEONE behind these patch notes has a personal vendetta against them, as for WP losing snare but DOK keeps theirs all day is beyond me.

Just have to hope that the "Updated" patch notes show something promising.....

githappens

Post#76 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:09 am

lumpi33 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:03 am Pull that SW into your group, kd, kill, profit. Can't get any easier.
Whirling Pin used at right time during pull simply teleported you back to place where you was pulled from. Doubt it has changed...

About not seeing such groups. Check close to rivers, bridges, chapter camps or other place where you can kite warbands reducing their chase potential. Play smart.

Ruin

Post#77 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:13 am

githappens wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:09 am
lumpi33 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:03 am Pull that SW into your group, kd, kill, profit. Can't get any easier.
Whirling Pin used at right time during pull simply teleported you back to place where you was pulled from. Doubt it has changed...

About not seeing such groups. Check close to rivers, bridges, chapter camps or other place where you can kite warbands reducing their chase potential. Play smart.
Only from Marauder it does not work for choppa GTDC.
Also Whirling P. jump distance is around 45ft while mAOE skills are 25-30ft so 2/3 of the jump is actualy within range of attacs.

githappens

Post#78 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:20 am

Ruin wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:13 am

Only from Marauder it does not work for choppa GTDC.
Also Whirling P. jump distance is around 45ft while mAOE skills are 25-30ft so 2/3 of the jump is actualy within range of attacs.
To get pulled by GTDC you already have to be literaly in melee range as its 40ft.
W. Pin distance is based on ground you're on. On high ground is pretty distant.

Ads
lumpi33

Post#79 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:22 am

I saw that happening but it is very rare. Most of the time they are getting pulled, trying to use whirling pin but the kd cancels it. They are screwed. Same with WEs. Their kd cancels WB 90% of the time.

Beside that: You want order to use bugs just to have a fighting chance? You can't be serious.

githappens

Post#80 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:28 am

lumpi33 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:22 am
I saw that happening but it is very rare. Most of the time they are getting pulled, trying to use whirling pin but the kd cancels it. They are screwed. Same with WEs. Their kd cancels WB 90% of the time.
Poor execution. Never was issue for me. KD can be avoided with Focused Mind. Wouldn't have ~60+ kill streaks if pulls would be such huge issues as you describe them. Been chased by Freebotaz WBs to Mordor and back.