Recent Topics

Ads

Important: Regarding downtime 03/10/23.

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Kaelang

Important: Regarding downtime 03/10/23.

Post#1 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:24 pm

Update 04/10/23

Following up from yesterdays eventful evening I just want to clarify a few points as I continue to see repeat questions / comments.

The reduced lockout from 18 to 3 hours was not a whimsical decision, this was predominantly due to logistics and some concerns we had internally about how code would perform with limited durations. We appreciate this is not the best-case scenario at this time but are prioritizing stability during this period.

The initial measures we brought the server back up with are very much our first-stage of addressing the losses. We are discussing internally some additional plans to bring together a more unified 'compensation' package for players affected.

We will likely be sharing more information as to how this happened in the first place over the coming days, but to clarify some points I see circulating - we do have frequent backups, which is how we was able to restore career and renown XP to the same time the server went offline. The issue stemmed from data and not any action taken by anyone in particular.

----------

No User record found' is intentional - this is us limiting access to drip-feed connections to improve initial stability. Sorry for the million pings this evening.

----------

Fingers crossed, we're pressing the on switch.

We will be actively monitoring stability over the coming hours and be on-hand to address any issues, but with new measures in place please join me in prayer.

----------

Just as an update, the delays to bringing the server coming back up is due to us adding additional measures to limit disruption caused. We hope to bring you a reliable ETA shortly.

For knowledge share,

We have reduced lockout of dungeons from 18 hours to 3 hours through until the end of the 2x event.
All RR and Career XP has been restored for those characters created pre-26/09.

Appreciate all of your patience.

----------------------------------------

Hello gits, stunties and everyone in between.

As you have been aware, today we have had some extended downtime. After a thorough investigation into this it seems the issue is more serious than additionally anticipated. Whilst triaging the means to return the server to a playable state we have identified a substantial loss of data.

A few options became available upon making this finding and given the time investment required, which means extended downtime, the decision has been made to restore the server and its data back to the last, confident and playable state which was 26/09/23.

Given the disruption this will evidently cause the community we have made the decision to extend the Live Event once more through until 09/10/23, please note that progress made throughout the event, as well as the Ironclad Weekend Warfront has been preserved, and any outstanding rewards can still be claimed.

In addition to the above, we have decided to re-enable the X2 XP, Renown, Influence & Crest buff through until 09/10/23.

As you are aware, these occurrences rarely happen on Return of Reckoning and it’s never a fun time for the staff, or our players, as this impacts all of us.

We do apologise for the inconvenience that these events can cause and we’re hopeful that we can put measures in place to minimise the risk of this happening once again moving forward.

The current ETA for the server to be back up is around an hour's time. However we are taking additional steps when looking at the restoration to ensure no prolonged issues arise.

Thanks,
Kaelang (hates dawi, but secretly loves u all)

Ads
Goregasmatron

Re: Important: Regarding downtime 03/10/23.

Post#2 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:28 pm

thank you for keeping war alive through everything.

L3THALxWOLF

Post#3 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:35 pm

We are all really grateful for the work all of you devs do to keep RoR(WAR) going.

Ceithin

Post#4 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:36 pm

even 6 days x2 is not enought

Zaitak

Post#5 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:36 pm

I'm confused, it says progress made will be saved. Will I have to grind my renown rank I earned and gear again or not?

Kaelang

Post#6 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:40 pm

Zaitak wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:36 pm I'm confused, it says progress made will be saved. Will I have to grind my renown rank I earned and gear again or not?
Event & WW related progress.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Zaitak

Post#7 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:47 pm

Ceithin wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:36 pm even 6 days x2 is not enought
Hot take: this should just be...on..like all the time...

Zaitak

Post#8 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:49 pm

Kaelang wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:40 pm
Zaitak wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:36 pm I'm confused, it says progress made will be saved. Will I have to grind my renown rank I earned and gear again or not?
Event & WW related progress.
Right I just woke up and can't read. tyvm for keeping us updated <3

Ads
vaudoo

Post#9 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:54 pm

I created and lvl up to 40 a toon few days ago , it mean ill have to restart it from lvl 1 ?! Im not sure to understand what is saved / lost , sorry my english not really good . Thanks

TrainInVain

Post#10 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:58 pm

Its a bummer to have a rollback, but the positives of this free game, far outweigh the negatives. I appreciate the team spending your free time to make RoR available to us.