Recent Topics

Ads

Connect Button grey

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Chuckydalek

Connect Button grey

Post#1 » Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:35 pm

Hey,

first of all im new:)

So i did all steps und started the launcher. I see the Login and password but the Connect button is grey so i cant click it. Also is in the right corner the web server icon red but the login server icon green. Sometimes the webs erver turned for 1 sec into green and then red again. Did i missed something? Because i cant do anything

Ads
Chuckydalek

Re: Connect Button grey

Post#2 » Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:16 pm

Cant do anything. nothing happens. Web server still red. cant login or start anything.

Chuckydalek

Post#3 » Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:30 pm

I give up. Cant run it. Cant update it. Nothing works.

trevbolt1

Post#4 » Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:24 pm

Has anyone found a fix to this Issue? after the 5 minute downtime today that we had i now have the grey connect button with green server and login status. I've reinstalled twice now and still not working?

xpander
Community Management

Post#5 » Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:18 am

Chuckydalek wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:35 pm Hey,

first of all im new:)

So i did all steps und started the launcher. I see the Login and password but the Connect button is grey so i cant click it. Also is in the right corner the web server icon red but the login server icon green. Sometimes the webs erver turned for 1 sec into green and then red again. Did i missed something? Because i cant do anything
Issue: Unable to Connect

Symptoms (Launcher):
  • Connect button remains grayed out.
    Web server icon is red , Login server icon is yellow.
    This issue occures for Windows 10 and Windows 11.
Troubleshooting Steps:

Verify .NET Framework Version:
Ensure that you have at least version 4.5 of the .NET Framework installed.
Download link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=30653

Check TLS Version Settings:
Open Internet Options in Windows (windows key + R and enter inetcpl.cpl).
Go to the Advanced tab (at the bottom).
Ensure TLS options are checked.

Force TLS 1.2:
Download the provided registry file "WarhammerROR_TLS.reg".
Download link: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 619798bf23&
Double-click to run it.
This step is crucial and often resolves the issue.

More information: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-GB/mem/c ... 1-2-client
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

xpander
Community Management

Post#6 » Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:21 am

trevbolt1 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:24 pm Has anyone found a fix to this Issue? after the 5 minute downtime today that we had i now have the grey connect button with green server and login status. I've reinstalled twice now and still not working?
Your issue seems different. Connect button is Golden at first and when you click it it turns Grey right?
That indicates problem with the Game itself. Launcher thinks the Game window has launched. Probably stuck in some limbo state somewhere
  • Check your user folder in RoR folder and UserSettings.xml try to change to windowed or something, maybe the window just disappears into the netherworld or something
  • Or maybe you are using some bugged reshade stuff or similar that makes it get stuck somewhere..
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

trevbolt1

Post#7 » Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:37 pm

My Directory doesnt have a users folder anymore after doing a clean install it does seem to be in some start of bugged state I literally just did a full download on my steam deck and it works same internet connection and the anti virus is the same one my buddy has and it works fine for him so i know that cant be it. I've even tried the registry editing thing above just to see if that would help and it didn't, im currently trying to see fhwat happens if i just put the launcher in a seperate folder then run the launcher and wait for it to rebuild the entire game around it downloading all 176k files which is gonna take probably around 5 days to do lol. Ive reset my router twice now as well