Recent Topics

Ads

Drakwald - Public Test Server.

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Kaelang

Drakwald - Public Test Server.

Post#1 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:48 pm

For those of you who use the website to post feedback on the forums, you may have noticed something new on the front page...

We are currently preparing to launch our public test server, with the ability system implemented. This will be a large-scale test of the functionality of the abilities, how they work in tandem and hopes to identify any critical bugs. The current state of the system is good, we're happy with the feedback from internal testing, as well as help from our @tester group. We're preparing to now release this in a public environment to get some more information to work with.

The current plan is to release this test server to a small group, mainly to test how the new launcher operates (as it allows us to switch between dev, live, test etc with one button, as opposed to having multiple launchers installed). And on this we can test how the new server operates fundamentally. Then we will release this as an open, public server for all to hop in.

I appreciate updates have been slow whilst we have moved to this phase of the Ability System rework but it's not long now until you can log in and help us identify any issues before we go to a full release.

PS: As a reminder, this is not a balance release. There will be signifcant changes to balance, as a result of the ability system changing, but we are not shipping this as a balance rework - these will come following the release. (I hope that makes sense)

Drakwald is waiting... for a bit longer.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Ads
lumpi33

Re: Drakwald - Public Test Server.

Post#2 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:20 pm

Nice! Good to see progress. Can't wait to test there.

Thanks for the info and work you put in there!

Akalukz

Post#3 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:21 pm

It's good to hear the "initial" release isn't the balance, change, but hopefully it isn't months in coming after the release of the system.

Great work guys, I am quite excited. Too bad you won't consider a player reset to 1/1 along with it.
-= Agony =-

tazdingo

Post#4 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:28 pm

exciting times

Harrwin

Post#5 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:30 pm

Interesting, so the Public Test Server its actually a Closed Test Server?

Kaelang

Post#6 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:31 pm

Harrwin wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:30 pm Interesting, so the Public Test Server its actually a Closed Test Server?
No, edited main post.

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Harrwin

Post#7 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:34 pm

Kaelang wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:31 pm
Harrwin wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:30 pm Interesting, so the Public Test Server its actually a Closed Test Server?
No, edited main post.
Any time estimates when will these things happen? When will it will become public? We been kept in the dark so long...

Kaelang

Post#8 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:48 pm

Harrwin wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:34 pm
No, edited main post.
Any time estimates when will these things happen? When will it will become public? We been kept in the dark so long...
I don't do timeframes, but we're actively testing it internally right now (as I'm typing this). And then it will move to a small sample group, and then public. Realistically speaking there isn't much to test on there outside of the functionality as the system is at the stage where we will benefit from public testing most. So we'd like to get it public sooner rather than later should no issues arise.

Ads
Harrwin

Post#9 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:52 pm

Kaelang wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:48 pm
Harrwin wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:34 pm

No, edited main post.
I don't do timeframes, but we're actively testing it internally right now (as I'm typing this). And then it will move to a small sample group, and then public. Realistically speaking there isn't much to test on there outside of the functionality as the system is at the stage where we will benefit from public testing most. So we'd like to get it public sooner rather than later should no issues arise.
You know what, im gonna put this to the test and see how long till it goes to public, im really realy curios now.

ravezaar

Post#10 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:44 am

Are u bringing back the renown skills like Cleansing Winds and Resolute Defence aso ? plz plz plz would make game so much more intresting. And LotD back to live not this sandbox for kidz
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ