Recent Topics

Ads

Drakwald is live! - Public PTE Ability Rework

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
MaxHayman
Management

Drakwald is live! - Public PTE Ability Rework

Post#1 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:58 pm

We are launching our Public Test Server - Drakwald. We are testing the new ability rework that we hope to release soon.

Currently a launcher update is required, this update has not been rolled out yet.

You are required to download a new version of the launcher until this is rolled out. You can download it here.

https://launcher.returnofreckoning.com/pts/RoRLauncher.exe

The launcher contains our rewritten Launcher with new patching code which should allow players to download patches and updates to the game much quicker.

How to Install the New Launcher
  • 1. Download the Launcher from the link above
  • 2. Find your install folder, and delete your old launcher
  • 3. Place the new Launcher into your normal install folder. Rename it to the same file name as the original launcher
  • 4. If you have shortcuts to launch the game, make sure to update these to the new launcher
If your launcher is downloading hundreds of thousands of files, something has wrong wrong! If so, review the steps above and try again.

Testing Schedule

This will be announced soon.

I've found a bug!?

All bugs can be reported on our bugtracker.

https://bugs.returnofreckoning.com/

Please select "Ability Test - PTS" as the Product Version so we can filter the reports.

Will my characters be on the test server?

Your characters from Martyrs Square will not be on the test server. However, we have created character templates you can use. We have setup a "Renown Rank 80 Sovereign" template for all careers. These characters will start in Altdorf or The Inevitable City and have an inventory of talismans and other items to get you started. You can also create a normal character which starts at level 1 by not choosing a template if you so choose.

PLEASE NOTE: CHARACTERS ON THE TEST ENVIRONMENT WILL BE DELETED AND ARE NOT PERMANENT

How can you access the test server?

Switching to and from the Test server is easy. Simply go to the settings on the launcher and change the Server. Upon saving the launcher will download the latest changes required for that server. You can switch back much the same way!

Max Hayman

Ads
holylynx264

Re: Drakwald is live! - Public PTE Ability Rework

Post#2 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:13 am

is the file meant to be 170+k file?

Han

Post#3 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:37 am

holylynx264 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:13 am is the file meant to be 170+k file?
no, only around 100. replace your old launcher in correct location.

holylynx264

Post#4 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:16 pm

so in speaking delete curent game client and replace with this client launcher??

Repulsion

Post#5 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:30 pm

The addition of every possible tool necessary to theorycraft a toon in BiS is a very lovely addition.
Thank you for all your work.

Lilim

Post#6 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:53 pm

holylynx264 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:16 pm so in speaking delete curent game client and replace with this client launcher??

Hey,
Just delete the old RoRLauncher.exe and put the fresh one instead in your RoR folder.

odikee

Post#7 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:54 pm

Am i wrong or renown abilities like last stand don't work?

Detangler

Post#8 » Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:41 am

One suggestion would be to re-enable all general chat/advice chat for fresh level 1s for the test server so that people can ask questions about stuff if they can't figure out where it is that you have to select a template from.

I of course would never do such a thing and would not sit through the intro and slow angle pan to a new character.... nope, definitely did not do that.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Ads
Seravajan

Post#9 » Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:01 pm

I installed the new launcher and switched to the test server but when I start the game I'm still on the life server. The WARTEST in the basic directory files are downloaded but not more.

MaxHayman
Management

Post#10 » Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:35 pm

Seravajan wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:01 pm I installed the new launcher and switched to the test server but when I start the game I'm still on the life server. The WARTEST in the basic directory files are downloaded but not more.

Should be fixed.
Max Hayman