Recent Topics

Ads

Introducing: The Great Cook Off!

Get organized here and slay that monster, or challenge your enemy to an epic battle on the battlefield.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Vegetaplays
Community Management

Introducing: The Great Cook Off!

Post#1 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:11 am

As winter begins to creep in, what better way to prepare for the coming of the bitter cold than a cook off? The smell of stews, meats, and orc bits in the air. Perhaps this will tie into the new up and coming live event? Come join us in the great RoR-Cook off! Special prizes will be offered to those with the heart and passion to create their own Warhammer inspired cooked goods at home!

How to Enter:

Cook your own Warhammer-themed goods, whether it be a blend for a stew, an array of meats, soups, fritters, etc. Use whichever ingredient inspiration or references you want to use from the Warhammer Fantasy universe! Take photos of your creation, and post them on the thread to enter!

Rules:

All cooked goods themed around Warhammer Fantasy are certainly welcomed, so what you make is up to you! Photos of the final product are required. Photos of the work-in progress are optional, but are highly recommended, to show how it was built, and potentially motivate the judges to vote for you! Bonus points will be given for thematic recipes (EX: Did your Ogre Gut Stew use Gnoblar bits?) Maybe you can tap into your favorite Warhammer Online class, and show us what they might enjoy before winter sets in, or maybe you can think outside the box and be more exotic?

Additionally, please include your character name you would want the rewards on in the submission. This makes it much easier for us to send out the rewards on a timely manner.

Prizes:

The Top Entrees are selected by a panel of culinary-savvy judges. You, the community, will win special prizes which are listed below!

1st Place: Title: "Top Chef", 500 gold on either realm, 1 Year long Live event mount, the custom made chefs hat and 1 Bottomless dye of their choice. In addition, the winner will also be able to work with the development team to create a new in-game item for a future live event.

2nd Place: Title: "The Meat Majesty", 250 gold on either realm, 6 Month long live event mount, the custom made chefs hat and 1 bottomless dye of their choice.

3rd Place: Title: "Cooking Champion", 150 gold on either realm, 120 day long live event mount, the custom made chefs hat, and 1 bottomless dye of their choice.

Additionally, all participants with eligible entries will receive two custom trophies, and a custom cape. Previews of the, Wooden Spoon, Rolling Pin, Chefs Hat, and the Picnic Blanket cloak are available here. Preview here

Judgement Day:
Judgement day will be on December 21st. Have fun!

Ads
Helwer

Re: Introducing: The Great Cook Off!

Post#2 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:53 am

Blood sausage for the blood god!!!

inoeth
Suspended

Post#3 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:23 am

magic mushroom pie :D

rrrutsss

Post#4 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:25 am

Cow pie 🫣

Akalukz

Post#5 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:22 pm

Think I am gonna have to figure something out for this :)
-= Agony =-

Germane

Post#6 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:18 pm

Luckily the server doesn't have any other problems! xD Will it now be an asian game? Oh man...
„Wir Deutschen fürchten Gott, aber sonst nichts in der Welt ...“
„Und diese Gottesfurcht ist es schon, die uns den Frieden lieben und pflegen lässt.“

Bismarck

Ninjagon

Post#7 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:27 pm

Let me introduce "WAAGH! Rolls", which every hero need before Dragonwake battle.
Ninjab
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

Everdin

Post#8 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:07 am

My Kitchen looks like a Chaos Army marched right through it after every cooking session, but I'm not brave enough to show :-(
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Ads
UnspeakableOath

Post#9 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:25 am

For this year's cook-off, I created a Warhammer take on a classic dish: Beef Wellington.

Introducing Squig Swellington, a dish which was created after a particularly pitched battle between a horde of squig-rearing night goblins and the always-hungry Lord Alfonse Gusteau of Couronne. Legend has it that Gusteau's army was so famished after the battle, and supplies were so low, that his hireling Halfling chef Biff Swellington concocted the dish to satisfy the defending Bretonian's hunger without telling them the specific origin of the ingredients. The Halfling cut the finest tenderloins from the largest and most well-fed squigs they could find on the battlefield, lovingly covered them in a duxelles of onion and black Gunbad mushrooms found on the corpses of the goblin handlers, and then wrapped the whole arrangement in a pastry crust. After baking, even the most hardened gourmand could not tell that the delicious dish was formed primarily of squigmeat. I have recreated the recipe as closely as possible, utilizing beef (as my squigs are stringy and not fit for eating) and a mixture of several varieties of mushrooms (non-hallucinogenic, unlike the originals, I'm afraid) and home-made pastry crust adorned with a certain logo we all know and love.

According to Halfling tradition, it is best paired with a Bugman's Ale (tankard pictured, ale was gone mysteriously) and a nice pipeful of the rum-flavored smoking leaf called Sigmar's Pride. I also made a batch of Daemoned Eggs, but only two ended up making it to the plate as the rest were sucked into a strange, fanged maw prior to the photo.

Absinth

Post#10 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:50 pm

For this great cookoff i made a traditional kislev stew called kyslovka. Traditionally made for the easter, usually put into a carved bread where the hard and crunchy parts of outer layer of kislevite bread would make into great makeshift bowl and fluffy not-so stale inner parts of bread would be used as a side for the stew.

Whole dish bases on fermented rye flour (it is being told that it was found out as great ingredient for the stew as one of the cooks in the nearby tavern was making a stew and by mistake he added his rye flour that has gone bad) with locally grown potatoes, carrots , sizzling hot white sigmar's sasuage and a addition of squig bits to make this hearty and filling meal even better feast, topped with a chicken egg splited in half is sure to bring you enough energy for working in the kislevite fields, tending to animals and surviving till the next day.

Spoiler:
Character name: Shinee
Shinee DOK | 40/82
YellowGuard BG | 40/62
NuclearBombs SORC | 40/40

Self-proclaimed PVE and Fashionhammer expert