Recent Topics

Ads

New solo roaming BW looking for tips&tricks

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
dalinvar

New solo roaming BW looking for tips&tricks

Post#1 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:01 pm

Hi,
this topic is for all the players out there who had some experience with solo roaming a BW.

I am leveling mine and reached lvl.15 lately. Having a lot of fun. For sure it is very tedious but I find the gameplay attractive.

My BW is fully single-target and the strategy is kiting enemies while trying to allocate the maximum damage in the shortest time possible. Noticed that having many instant-cast spells really helps a lot..

Until now I followed my intuition and did some testing here and there but would really appreciate some advice/guide from players, like talis, progression gear, RRs, leveling builds, strategies and so on.

As always thanks a lot ! 8-)

edit: please reply ONLY if you add something to the discussion. This is not a viable or not thread
Last edited by dalinvar on Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
bw10

Re: New solo roaming BW looking for tips&tricks

Post#2 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:15 pm

theres no solo roaming as bw. duo with a healer or hug the zerg and hope you get hit with stray heals

BluIzLucky

Post#3 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:35 pm

bw10 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:15 pm theres no solo roaming as bw. duo with a healer or hug the zerg and hope you get hit with stray heals
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-LsQsAqBYk
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

dalinvar

Post#4 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:48 pm

Guys this thread is not about if the solo-roaming is viable or not.
I find it funny so I am already okay to die a lot.

So please only reply if you add something to the discussion

Yazeran

Post#5 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:49 pm

BW or Sorc are probably worst characters for solo playing because of self dmg mechanic.
Solo play in this game is not easy even with characters who are designed for it like WH/WE
Kaspar - WP RR80+ from Bene Tlailax
order alts: Kazador (IB), Hargin (SL) and 7 more
destro alts: Kash (Mara), Kashnik (Shamy) and 8 more

Hugatsaga

Post#6 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:11 pm

bw10 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:57 pm
BluIzLucky wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:35 pm
bw10 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:15 pm theres no solo roaming as bw. duo with a healer or hug the zerg and hope you get hit with stray heals
you sure showed me with le epic gank montage from the self proclaimed best player in the game
Whats your problem? He proved you wrong with vid and you go for personal attacks?

To op: Heres another from my friend during live days: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UCaoJyUvSM

Few tips: Get good at switching targets because you will be fighting 1vsX so need to identify kill target and also other targets that you have to control with cc & detaunt. Not having lotd pockets from live hurts but good player can still do well in any class. I'm not expert with BW but spec-wise you probably want at least Stop Drop and Roll, Withering Heat and possibly Sear self heal tactic from left tree. Full channeling withering heat is normally not the best dps if you want to min max dmg but in solo game its more viable to channel full thanks to snare component and the fact that you only get blown up once at the start of cast. Can also cast 1 tick on the run for short snare. Also drink potions like mad, especially hot potion is your friend and also ap pot after flee which you probably have to use often. You also probably want to look at less cookie-cutter tactics and experiment (something like morale pump into fast focused mind/m3 stagger or cleanse is one option, short detaunt cd is another). Also might have to stack defenive stat such as toughness and get some hp regen gear.
Live: Daeneria, Polestar
RoR: Calmdown, Goldman, Kohta, Madguard, Magnumforce, Northsorc, Northstar etc
Youtube

reynor007

Post#7 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:03 pm

dalinvar wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:01 pm Hi,
this topic is for all the players out there who had some experience with solo roaming a BW.

I am leveling mine and reached lvl.15 lately. Having a lot of fun. For sure it is very tedious but I find the gameplay attractive.

My BW is fully single-target and the strategy is kiting enemies while trying to allocate the maximum damage in the shortest time possible. Noticed that having many instant-cast spells really helps a lot..

Until now I followed my intuition and did some testing here and there but would really appreciate some advice/guide from players, like talis, progression gear, RRs, leveling builds, strategies and so on.

As always thanks a lot ! 8-)

edit: please reply ONLY if you add something to the discussion. This is not a viable or not thread
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... 7,8208,563

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/r ... ;2;4;0;0;0

you need a mix of 2 sets 5 sov 3 triumph or 5 sov 2 triumph 2 sent, you need either a bloodlord weapon or 61sc, a staff from a city dungeon with 800hp proc is also possible
if you want to run solo you need at least 8500 hp otherwise you won't have enough health to kite
save up 100 for burst damage, after all your skills have worked, you need to lower the heat with one of the two abilities burnout or meltdown, if you don’t do this you will kill yourself very quickly
BW is very easy to kite, the main thing is to get used to it and know what abilities to use when
WH - mdpv 80+
WE - Witchrage 80+

Dakkhon

Post#8 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:01 pm

I have and still do on occasion run solo on BW. It's tough but if you want to be successful imo have the 2 types of heals that you can use without the timer affecting them, get the barrier pots (yes they can be helpful in a pinch), the high HP one already stated is on point and can be achieved and lastly the major thing you need is to be a great Kiter! If you cannot kite and know your enemies pro/cons then forget it. Kiting imo is the difference between success and failure. I have killed quite a few classes by kiting especially melee ones.

Now to be clear you are still extremely soft and a WE will almost always win if they sneak up on you for sure. So go glass canon save the HP, get that crit and go all out. The damage is decent on this server but again knowing how to kite and knowing your enemies abilities can lead to some pretty epic fights and destro deaths. Cant win them all to be clear. Good hunting.

Oh if you duo with another BW...it can be pretty epic and will most certainly get you a target on your back
Marauder and WE killer because I hate classes that require no skill lol! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ads
wonshot

Post#9 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:09 pm

Just a few on top of my head,

Class mechanic: You will hurt yourself alot so get familiar with how many combustion hits you can realisticly handle in each 1v1 class matchup, and get used to ways of dumping your combustion (meltdown does 750morale unmitigated undefendable dmg so good finisher if both YOU are low, and the enemy tank is low with Hold the line up or high mitigation going on). While you are dotting a target and building your combustion meanwhile the current combustion is applied to the critchance/critdmg modifier and not the Combustion level from when you applied the spell. Basicly you can start your rotation from below 100 and reap the reward when it connects.

Consumable: Healing over time potions will help if you run into a chain of backlashes and the fight will not be over in the next 10-30seconds and the enemy is not super bursty. Snare potions can also help kiting the enemy, aswel as Flee+AP pot can attempt to put some distance between you and the enemy if you are caught or getting pushed hard.

Detaunt: if the enemy healer/ hybrid has you detaunted, you can line up your backloaded burst so it connects as the detaunt runs out, and then pre-silence when there is only 1sec left on their detaunt to make them unable to reapply detaunt as the rotation comes in. This requires icon knowledge and addon tracking or a trained eye.

Setting yourself up: Everything from keeping the enemy in range but at distance, first tick of Withering Heat channel is instant and applies the snare effect, Stop Drop and Roll consumes your ignite, but if you find yourself in a situation where some other BW has an ignite rolling on the target you can use their ignite and it doesnt consume it to apply the knockdown. M1 magebolt can punt a melee away from you, punt someone over an edge and serve as a lavakiller or a 10-30sec freecast if the enemy cant get back up to you due to terrain. M1 misdirection iirc only works against Direct magic dmg and not DoT magic(?) so for some matchups this could be an option as extra lifepool and extending the fight in your favor. Your selfclense is fantastic to get rid of snares, if a SH is M2 snaring you Focusmind is the only counter to shake it off. Flashfire tactic can make you mount up instantly, or pull out a Guild-banner instantly if you need to ever ress a dead pockethealer.

Camracontrol: Get familiar with strafing and find out in which situations you dont need to face the enemy to dot or snare them.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Shima

Post#10 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:58 pm

BluIzLucky wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:35 pm
I wish I could have the same latency of russian players. For me, it's impossible kite like this. :/