Recent Topics

Ads

Current Meta - All Chaos Classes

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
illumin8ted

Current Meta - All Chaos Classes

Post#1 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:22 pm

As a player trying to figure things out it is always challenging to keep up on what works and what doesn't. I have leveled a couple toons to 40 and was told the way I had been playing was "wrong." The people explaining this to me were not rude at all and were helpful and seemed willing to talk me through the change, but this conversation seemed to happen in the middle of a Warband so it wasn't the right time for instruction. So I was hoping to collect the current Chaos Meta for what works best. I want to talk about different gear types (1h, 2H, SnB, Etc) different builds as well as establishing the different Stat priorities for each class. I think it would be nice to have all of this information in one up to date post.

At the end of the day I am all for letting people play the game the way they want to. So this is not about shaming people or discouraging trying new things. So focus on why your build is good and what the benefits are. Maybe even share what it lacks and where it is weak. I don't expect each person to know all the Chaos classes so just talk about the one you are most familiar with. I look forward to hearing what you have to say!

Ads
ImperiumWolf

Re: Current Meta - All Chaos Classes

Post#2 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:05 pm

Looking forward to seeing this post grow as a new-ish sort of player this info would be invaluable.

Rotgut

Post#3 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:10 am

Well, a new patch is about to drop soon™, so some classes are bound to change. I wouldn't go too deep into each class right this second.

With that said, the best place to find builds are in Guild DIscords. Most developed guild take the time to make class guides for their guildies, so you join one u feel compatible with and peruse their discord.

But i can give u a general overview of all Chaos classes, hopefully it can give you a little sense of direction to help you choose what you want to dive into - then you can ask in your guild if a build is going to be nerfed to death, or changedm or buffed.

Chosen:

-Sword and Board build for WBs. A 2h Chosen does not bring anything to a WB (unlike Black Guards), a SnB does. Your main benefits are the basic Tank kit - very goddamn tanky, Taunt, Challenge, Bellow, Punts and KD - plus your Auras and Destro's uniquetool in his Morale Pump tactic. Faster Bellows is a vital tool.

-2h for small scale, SCs and Single Target Party in Cities. You'll do more damage than SnB, a relevant bump when assisting in ST kills but not enough to make you DPS class, and you'll have lower CD on Punts. Get good at Punting the person Guarding your DPS's target, its a very important skill.

-2h Regen Build. Its mostly a meme, honestly. Its just for solo gameplay.

Zealots:

-Healer build. You're the best Single Target and SC healer on Destro, you have Talons (a tier 1 morale) which is unique to Destro and a very important tool in organized SCs and small scale, you have great buffs and an AP pump.

Magus:

-ST sniper. Good for SCs and small scale.

-AoE build for WBs. Its not that easy to play because a lot of your damage comes in the form of static AoEs - you'll drop a puddle that hurts and you can channel and do damage in a pre-targeted area. So if your WB moves around a lot, something that Destro is kinda built for, you'll do a lot of "fluff" damage and miss out on damage that actually contributes to kills. Its still VERY strong tho, if just not as easy as sniping.

Marauders:

-Two different ST builds for, you guessed it, small scale, SCs and Single Target party in Cities. One leans more towards debuffing, the other leans more towards burst, both are very good.

-AoE build for WBs. You run in, you do an AoE Knockdown (unique to Destro), you do AoE damage in a cone and you're pretty much immune to Order's "meta" source of damage (Slayers).

illumin8ted

Post#4 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:22 pm

Very nice breakdown, thank you!