Recent Topics

Ads

[Marauder] Most nerfed class of the server

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Pandastyle

Re: [Marauder] Most nerfed class of the server

Post#31 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:53 pm

well WoMs flavour is more of a debuff so, flavourwise it makes sense that it is for sav or monstro... but hey we got TB for brut, which gives us...?? you could make an argument that you can now swap from sav to brut into TB and finisher...
I know people seem to see the last patch as a buff for mara (e.g. MA off gcd, pulverize on lower CD) but I still see it as a nerf overall. [insert change my mind meme]
85 Mara
80 Choppa
80 Zealot

Ads
Everdin

Post#32 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:32 pm

Pandastyle wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:53 pm well WoMs flavour is more of a debuff so, flavourwise it makes sense that it is for sav or monstro... but hey we got TB for brut, which gives us...?? you could make an argument that you can now swap from sav to brut into TB and finisher...
I know people seem to see the last patch as a buff for mara (e.g. MA off gcd, pulverize on lower CD) but I still see it as a nerf overall. [insert change my mind meme]
- Mutated Aggressor - No longer induces a global cooldown. love

- Pulverize - Debuff duration and cooldown reduced from 20 to 10 seconds. neutral - still 100% uptime

- Wrecking Ball - AP cost reduced from 30 AP per second to 25 AP per second. love

- Gift of Brutality - When affected by the buff of Gift of Brutality, your auto attacks gain 25% armor penetration in addition to its current effects. love

- Thunderous Blow - This ability cooldown is increased to 10s. neutral - still 100% uptime

- Monstrosity stance - Anti armor penetration proc reduced to 20%, while proc is active you receive 10% more healing from all sources. neutral - depends on grp or solo if nerf or buff

- Tzeentch’s Reversal - Deals 1200 morale damage and heals you and your group for 1200 if they are within 100ft from you love

- Concussive Jolt - This ability now requires Monstrosity mutation. neutral - stanceswithc? OMG impossible!!!!

- Wave of Mutilation - This ability now requires Monstrosity or Savagery mutation. neutral - stanceswithc? OMG impossible!!!!

- Gut Ripper - This ability can now also be used in Brutality mutation. neutral - stanceswithc? OMG impossible!!!!

Also, the last days there were a lot of marauders around for a nerf
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

wildwindblows

Post#33 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:31 pm

Everdin wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:32 pm
Pandastyle wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:53 pm well WoMs flavour is more of a debuff so, flavourwise it makes sense that it is for sav or monstro... but hey we got TB for brut, which gives us...?? you could make an argument that you can now swap from sav to brut into TB and finisher...
- Mutated Aggressor - No longer induces a global cooldown. love

- Pulverize - Debuff duration and cooldown reduced from 20 to 10 seconds. neutral - still 100% uptime

- Wrecking Ball - AP cost reduced from 30 AP per second to 25 AP per second. love

- Gift of Brutality - When affected by the buff of Gift of Brutality, your auto attacks gain 25% armor penetration in addition to its current effects. love

- Thunderous Blow - This ability cooldown is increased to 10s. neutral - still 100% uptime

- Monstrosity stance - Anti armor penetration proc reduced to 20%, while proc is active you receive 10% more healing from all sources. neutral - depends on grp or solo if nerf or buff

- Tzeentch’s Reversal - Deals 1200 morale damage and heals you and your group for 1200 if they are within 100ft from you love

- Concussive Jolt - This ability now requires Monstrosity mutation. neutral - stanceswithc? OMG impossible!!!!

- Wave of Mutilation - This ability now requires Monstrosity or Savagery mutation. neutral - stanceswithc? OMG impossible!!!!

- Gut Ripper - This ability can now also be used in Brutality mutation. neutral - stanceswithc? OMG impossible!!!!

Also, the last days there were a lot of marauders around for a nerf
All marauders have to stack ws and pick Brute Force tactic now. This means there is no way to pick utility tactics like heal db, ap drain, morale drain etc. There are three main tactic for marauder which cannot be removed from slot and these are fof, gi, pb. 4th tactic is reserved by Brute Force now and no slot remained for utility.

If you wanna drop one of tactic among fof, gi and pb your damage will decrease enormously.

Making skills bind on stance wont make this class usefull and it will kill stance dance mechanic.

Concussive Jolt was the only way to have a kd for marauders. WL and even SW have kd and these two class have better dps overall. KD was usefull for st marauders for roam. Unfortunately marauders only belongs to warbands now. No more roam.

Also I dont understand why pb tactic is not valid for atacks. WH, WE have same tactic for all atacks.

Marauder is abandoned child of the game since 2018.

Zxul

Post#34 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:09 pm

wildwindblows wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:31 pm Also I dont understand why pb tactic is not valid for atacks. WH, WE have same tactic for all atacks.
Be careful what you ask for. WH/WH tactic only lasts for 3 sec after using finisher. WH at least has Absolution spam build where they use finisher as every second ability, WE however has no working build which includes finisher spam. Meaning, at most while using RA- the finisher nerfed in main abilities patch- WE will be able to get off 2 abilities with the tactic, realistically using WB WE will get the benefit for the tactic for 1 ability, and than the tactic will do nothing.

The tactic was good for WE when you could build around RA doing most of your dmg, since it lasts for all of the channel's duration except first tick, and then for 2 abilities after, now however even with +25% dmg on finisher tactic RA just doesn't hits hard enough to build around it.

As an extra fun point, PB is free, while WE tactic requires going 11 points up Carnage.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Everdin

Post#35 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:10 pm

I still don't get it where the Problem with stance switch is, I Switch between savage and burtality and it works like a swiss clock, zero Problem, tons of debuffs, and pretty nice hits. KD IS where it Always was. Sure, it's an extra step...Are you afraid your Keyboard will worn out with clicking a number twice?

Sw needs an extra step for KD as well. Lion need a useless pet, luck that IT finds it's way and the Speed tactic to use it's KD, you wan't that?

And all this crying while you are the only class with a viable AoE KD.
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

wildwindblows

Post#36 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:41 pm

Everdin wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:10 pm I still don't get it where the Problem with stance switch is, I Switch between savage and burtality and it works like a swiss clock, zero Problem, tons of debuffs, and pretty nice hits. KD IS where it Always was. Sure, it's an extra step...Are you afraid your Keyboard will worn out with clicking a number twice?

Sw needs an extra step for KD as well. Lion need a useless pet, luck that IT finds it's way and the Speed tactic to use it's KD, you wan't that?

Mara was the latest class which needs to these kind of changes you now that. Nerfing Monsto proc while don't even touch slayers rampage is totally suicide.

Akalukz

Post#37 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:54 pm

Everdin wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:10 pm I still don't get it where the Problem with stance switch is, I Switch between savage and burtality and it works like a swiss clock, zero Problem, tons of debuffs, and pretty nice hits. KD IS where it Always was. Sure, it's an extra step...Are you afraid your Keyboard will worn out with clicking a number twice?

Honestly the primary issue is that you are now stuck in the monstro stance for at least 5 seconds. Gating more and more skills is not the answer for the Mara or SW. They are changing the complete flow of skill usage on the mara, breaking all synergy.
-= Agony =-

Fey

Post#38 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:00 am

Stances are and have always been clunky as all hell. Half of your ability skillset changes, and you're further barred from using a bunch of other useful abilities in your kit. All that separate ability management and skillbar usage is a pain in the whole ass. As much benefit stances give it is a mechanic meant to throttle the dps of what could otherwise be an OP dps in the correct hands.

Stances are the only mechanic that actively punishes the player outside of BW/sorc mechanic. If you can effectively stance dance, good for you. The mechanic still sucks out loud and is meant primarily to nerf the dps output of the class stuck with it.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Ads
Akalukz

Post#39 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:06 pm

Fey wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:00 am Stances are and have always been clunky as all hell. Half of your ability skillset changes, and you're further barred from using a bunch of other useful abilities in your kit. All that separate ability management and skillbar usage is a pain in the whole ass. As much benefit stances give it is a mechanic meant to throttle the dps of what could otherwise be an OP dps in the correct hands.

Stances are the only mechanic that actively punishes the player outside of BW/sorc mechanic. If you can effectively stance dance, good for you. The mechanic still sucks out loud and is meant primarily to nerf the dps output of the class stuck with it.
True, but the design had some fluidity to it. You could use skills and tactics cross tree. Was that an RoR change? Seem to remember that being in the live version as well. Where tactics would work in 2 our of 3 trees and some skills as well. Now they are taking away that synergy, which goes to the heart of the class.
-= Agony =-

Everdin

Post#40 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:09 pm

Akalukz wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:54 pm

Honestly the primary issue is that you are now stuck in the monstro stance for at least 5 seconds. Gating more and more skills is not the answer for the Mara or SW. They are changing the complete flow of skill usage on the mara, breaking all synergy.
Yes it's gated, but it's just a little inconveniance, put some filler styles from the rotation you use anyways in to the monstro-bar and you are good to go, while running to your next target start switchting to monstro so the 5 sec are over if you are there.

Maybe I don't get it cause I don't play monstro on my marauder (with savagery you have more then enough to do in the stance)
#AllClassesMatter

― John Burroughs