Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 09/12/2023

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Nameless

Re: Patch Notes 09/12/2023

Post#91 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:10 am

Desco wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:11 am There is now a cone of fire for attacks; is it planned to do the same for healing?

Because it seems to impact mostly RDPS (incl Sham/Am) on Solo and in WBs, but healing stays the same. Is there a rational behind that?
Thanks
Healing never had cone of fire on war or ror. You just need to have line of sight which after patch is abit harder cos before you got sec or so when lose los, after the patch the cast just break if out of los
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Ads
Desco

Post#92 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:52 pm

Nameless wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:10 am
Desco wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:11 am There is now a cone of fire for attacks; is it planned to do the same for healing?

Because it seems to impact mostly RDPS (incl Sham/Am) on Solo and in WBs, but healing stays the same. Is there a rational behind that?
Thanks
Healing never had cone of fire on war or ror. You just need to have line of sight which after patch is abit harder cos before you got sec or so when lose los, after the patch the cast just break if out of los
Yes, I know for Healing los and cone not in live. My point was just that it makes it harder for (R)DPS while not changing anything for heals, therefore changing the balance between the two; and changing the balance with MDPS (since stafe and backwalk is slower than normal walk). Maybe it's a good thing for WB fights, but for sure harder for small groups.
I guess we'll have to see with time :)

Nameless

Post#93 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:05 pm

Desco wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:52 pm

Thanks
Yes, I know for Healing los and cone not in live. My point was just that it makes it harder for (R)DPS while not changing anything for heals, therefore changing the balance between the two; and changing the balance with MDPS (since stafe and backwalk is slower than normal walk). Maybe it's a good thing for WB fights, but for sure harder for small groups.
How do u measure cone of sight for group healing? It is not about making it harder but make it as intended, as planned by mythic. Changing something as basic as that will bring more problems than not.
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Omegus

Post#94 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:36 pm

Desco wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:11 am There is now a cone of fire for attacks;
There was one on ROR too, it just broke a while ago and is now fixed.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Desco

Post#95 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:48 pm

Nameless wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:05 pm
Desco wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:52 pm

How do u measure cone of sight for group healing? It is not about making it harder but make it as intended, as planned by mythic. Changing something as basic as that will bring more problems than not.
=> Obvy not for group healing, that does not make sense. AoE is AoE and it's around you so cone is irrelevant.
=> I was merely making a suggestion/trying to understand how classes are impacted by that :)
Omegus wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:36 pm
Desco wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:11 am There is now a cone of fire for attacks;
There was one on ROR too, it just broke a while ago and is now fixed.
=> not my point but thanks again for the info

Dackjanielz

Post#96 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

ravezaar wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:07 am I like everything about patch sofar except Engi/Magus makes RvR extremly boring and even more Zergy wich I tought was impossible
Compared to how it was before? Hell no!

This is Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better.

Great patch guys, i confess i had my doubts, i was wrong.

oaliaen

Post#97 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:08 pm

What were the changes in today's patch?

ravezaar

Post#98 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:36 pm

Dackjanielz wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm
ravezaar wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:07 am I like everything about patch sofar except Engi/Magus makes RvR extremly boring and even more Zergy wich I tought was impossible

No its not, we dont need 1 skill Bots in RvR. This is broken , bad and xtrmly boring
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

Ads
Dackjanielz

Post#99 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:33 pm

ravezaar wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:36 pm
Dackjanielz wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

No its not, we dont need 1 skill Bots in RvR. This is broken , bad and xtrmly boring
Engie and magus finally being useful in the meta and balanced for both sides with an ability that does actually require skill?
Or rather than Broken Choppa/Mara/SH dictating the entire game?

Its just fine how it is now thanks.

ravezaar

Post#100 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:32 pm

They can be useful without it being broken, wasnt like this on Live with 100ft insta aoe pulls, clearly not how its supposed to be and and its just really bad gameplay with no Skill or fun envolved. Starting to look like parody of RvR

Iam not only one thinking this, look at the huge drop in player numbers last 2 days. Des basicly gave up aswell
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ