Recent Topics

Ads

Kotbs reworked Runefang - no resonable builds...

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Wyzard

Re: Kotbs reworked Runefang - no resonable builds...

Post#11 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:45 pm

I'm playing 2h + runefang rn and it's extremely satisfying. Like this
=https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/ ... lazing Sun

After having played IB and SM as well i feel like kobs is the ultimate 2 hand tank despite what everyone seems to be saying.

There's 0 reason to complain about kobs but many are, and it all stems from this obsession with +15% heal and resist auras as if that's all kobs has to offer. This is a WB mentality... If you're front line with a DPS zeroing in on targets and punting their tanks, you do better wiht double dmg aura and toughness to just add pure dmg overall.

As 2h you get the 10% crit, a wounds debuff, and a 10% evasion debuff from left tree, then add KD and punt on demand and you're already ahead of BG by far. Not to mention you can gear tanky and then let runefang proc and also M2 Emperor's champion and suddenly see a huge power burst in your melee as well for critical battle moments with max stats everywhere.

Plus i'm also wearing full redeye for spreading armor debuff until i get the better gear, also extremely strong.

For an offense based small scale this is perfect.

If things get ugly you peel for team and you still have a 3600 absorb to pop m1 if you feel like it LOL (totally OP for a tank btw)
Archmage : Darktown Strutter
Kobs : Chezybel
BrightWizard : Wyzard Bard

Ads
reynor007

Post#12 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:12 pm

nocturnalguest wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:06 pm
Edit: In regards to runefang i believe it has no place anywhere outside of soloyolo shenanigans tbf.
solo kotbs seriously, interesting 2h kobs generally instills fear in someone, it seems to me that when you see him, you either ignore him because he has 0 damage even in full dd, or you spend 5 minutes of your life on him and get the easiest crest the weakest of all 2h tanks simply does not have the right to solo I think kotbs should not leave the WC without a party at all thanks to the patches that completely killed him and kicked off the corpse
WH - mdpv 80+
WE - Witchrage 80+

mazi761111

Post#13 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:28 pm

2h kotbs no dps...i psaa my kotbs go ib...ib is fun,,,hop when can buff order or give back they skill,,,
choson:badchosen
chopa:bigpanties

Zxul

Post#14 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:27 pm

reynor007 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:12 pm
nocturnalguest wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:06 pm
Edit: In regards to runefang i believe it has no place anywhere outside of soloyolo shenanigans tbf.
solo kotbs seriously, interesting 2h kobs generally instills fear in someone, it seems to me that when you see him, you either ignore him because he has 0 damage even in full dd, or you spend 5 minutes of your life on him and get the easiest crest the weakest of all 2h tanks simply does not have the right to solo I think kotbs should not leave the WC without a party at all thanks to the patches that completely killed him and kicked off the corpse
Not sure how they did it, but back in the day I do remember running into some kotbs which did a very decent dmg (though obviously nothing close to wl etc).

Looking at kotb abilities though:

1. Blazing Blade is pretty similar in dmg (not counting scaling- not sure about it) to WE's Envenomed Blade, and unlike WE kotb has ele resist debuff.
2. From checking the dmg on solo kills from the times I actually roamed on my chosen, dmg aura actually adds lots of dmg, more than what most people expect. No icd unresistable dmg adds up.
3. Kotb also has a melee reflect aura, lot of dmg there as well. +Shield of the Sun.
4. Biting Blade- not sure how much the dot ticks for and if its proc dmg or not, but worth testing. Depending on dmg values, it might make crit build worth going for on kotb.
5. When 2h kotb gets wounds debuff, nice dmg to start the fight with.
6. Runefang adds 160 ws= 11.4% armor pen, maybe more if it scales with points in tree. Spam Precision Strike, and its already 26.4% free armor pen. Need to have enough ap regen to be able to keep spamming it, but Bellow Commands takes care of that.
7. You can run str aura, and it both adds dmg to you and lowers dmg of opponents. And in addition, it frees lini spot for ws lini.
8. All in all, kotb if specced can get a lot of free str. Up to 120 aura + 160 or more Runefang + 240 m2, total of 520 or more. Wait for Runefang to proc, hit m2, taunt, and spam Precision Strike with soft capped str.

All in all, if I was to try dps kotb, think I would concentrate on ws, make sure to keep Blazing Blade x3 up, and mostly spam Precision Strike. Maybe also add some crit, if Biting Blade dot does enough dmg. And run with resists + dmg aura, and last one switch between str and melee reflect one depending on opponent.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Farrul

Post#15 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:13 am

Zxul wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:27 pmsolo kotbs seriously, interesting 2h kobs generally instills fear in someone, it seems to me that when you see him, you either ignore him because he has 0 damage even in full dd, or you spend 5 minutes of your life on him and get the easiest crest the weakest of all 2h tanks simply does not have the right to solo I think kotbs should not leave the WC without a party at all thanks to the patches that completely killed him and kicked off the corpse

Not sure how they did it, but back in the day I do remember running into some kotbs which did a very decent dmg (though obviously nothing close to wl etc).

Looking at kotb abilities though:

1. Blazing Blade is pretty similar in dmg (not counting scaling- not sure about it) to WE's Envenomed Blade, and unlike WE kotb has ele resist debuff.
2. From checking the dmg on solo kills from the times I actually roamed on my chosen, dmg aura actually adds lots of dmg, more than what most people expect. No icd unresistable dmg adds up.
3. Kotb also has a melee reflect aura, lot of dmg there as well. +Shield of the Sun.
4. Biting Blade- not sure how much the dot ticks for and if its proc dmg or not, but worth testing. Depending on dmg values, it might make crit build worth going for on kotb.
5. When 2h kotb gets wounds debuff, nice dmg to start the fight with.
6. Runefang adds 160 ws= 11.4% armor pen, maybe more if it scales with points in tree. Spam Precision Strike, and its already 26.4% free armor pen. Need to have enough ap regen to be able to keep spamming it, but Bellow Commands takes care of that.
7. You can run str aura, and it both adds dmg to you and lowers dmg of opponents. And in addition, it frees lini spot for ws lini.
8. All in all, kotb if specced can get a lot of free str. Up to 120 aura + 160 or more Runefang + 240 m2, total of 520 or more. Wait for Runefang to proc, hit m2, taunt, and spam Precision Strike with soft capped str.

All in all, if I was to try dps kotb, think I would concentrate on ws, make sure to keep Blazing Blade x3 up, and mostly spam Precision Strike. Maybe also add some crit, if Biting Blade dot does enough dmg. And run with resists + dmg aura, and last one switch between str and melee reflect one depending on opponent.
Of course i do not play Kotbs ( always considered it to weak for solo roaming in the past) and as such have no practical experience( shame i like the aesthetics).

However in theory at least Kotbs should be able to do some dps now with the Myrmidas fury buff?

The biggest problem with kotbs imho ( from roaming perspectice) is the low parry, 10-20% ish parry whilst the others all get at least a 20% increase up to 35% increase (BG). The low crit by default is problematic but can be somewhat fixed through endgame gear.

On the plus side kotbs has awesome M1/M2 morals, this should count for something ( and + morale on gear should be a worthile investment here).

P.S. How about 10% Armor penetration is added to Myrmidas Fury to further go along with the theme? Seems like the only Channel attack not doing something special ( Well technically SM/BO channels but they have the most raw damage - and this is their special thing)

Zxul

Post#16 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:14 am

Farrul wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:13 am Of course i do not play Kotbs ( always considered it to weak for solo roaming in the past) and as such have no practical experience( shame i like the aesthetics).

However in theory at least Kotbs should be able to do some dps now with the Myrmidas fury buff?

The biggest problem with kotbs imho ( from roaming perspectice) is the low parry, 10-20% ish parry whilst the others all get at least a 20% increase up to 35% increase (BG). The low crit by default is problematic but can be somewhat fixed through endgame gear.

On the plus side kotbs has awesome M1/M2 morals, this should count for something ( and + morale on gear should be a worthile investment here).

P.S. How about 10% Armor penetration is added to Myrmidas Fury to further go along with the theme? Seems like the only Channel attack not doing something special ( Well technically SM/BO channels but they have the most raw damage - and this is their special thing)
Not sure extra parry is even needed. Lets go with the ws build, to maximize armor pen with Precision Strike.

Base on my chosen 172, I assume the same on kotb. Renown ws 120, 6* 23 ws talis 138, lini 60, Runefang 160 or more, gunbad ws/parry jewelry 28. That alone is 678 ws, probably some ws on armor as well, so lets assume 700- likely more. 700 ws is 21% parry, 18% more renown, 2% gunbad jewelry, 10% 2h city sword proc, total 51%- again not counting likely extra parry from armor/additional jewelry.

In addition assuming 800 str with 120 aura + 160 Runefang included, that is 8% parry pen. 2h has innate 10% parry pen, so that's a free 18% parry pen.

Now looking at armor pen on Precision Strike. 700 ws / 14= 50%, 50% + 15% innate on Precision Strike= 65% armor pen. That is slayer armor pen lvl.

Now lets look at the dmg. Blazing Blade*3 stacked combined with ele resist debuff from aura is worth likely at least 1.5 average dots, dmg aura is close to another full dot, so that's 2.5-3 dots before counting Precision Strike dmg.

Biting Blade is possibly another dot- need to check dmg. And only need to crit once per 10 sec to have it running so should be doable, and kotb can get extra 10% crit from Overpowering Swing. 5% more parry bypass from it as well.

So the only question is what is base dmg on Precision Strike with say 800 str- since if its anything semi decent kotb should have plenty of dmg in this build, while also having lot of parry + parry pen.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

Farrul

Post#17 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:14 am

Zxul wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:14 amNot sure extra parry is even needed. Lets go with the ws build, to maximize armor pen with Precision Strike.

Base on my chosen 172, I assume the same on kotb. Renown ws 120, 6* 23 ws talis 138, lini 60, Runefang 160 or more, gunbad ws/parry jewelry 28. That alone is 678 ws, probably some ws on armor as well, so lets assume 700- likely more. 700 ws is 21% parry, 18% more renown, 2% gunbad jewelry, 10% 2h city sword proc, total 51%- again not counting likely extra parry from armor/additional jewelry.

In addition assuming 800 str with 120 aura + 160 Runefang included, that is 8% parry pen. 2h has innate 10% parry pen, so that's a free 18% parry pen.

Now looking at armor pen on Precision Strike. 700 ws / 14= 50%, 50% + 15% innate on Precision Strike= 65% armor pen. That is slayer armor pen lvl.

Now lets look at the dmg. Blazing Blade*3 stacked combined with ele resist debuff from aura is worth likely at least 1.5 average dots, dmg aura is close to another full dot, so that's 2.5-3 dots before counting Precision Strike dmg.

Biting Blade is possibly another dot- need to check dmg. And only need to crit once per 10 sec to have it running so should be doable, and kotb can get extra 10% crit from Overpowering Swing. 5% more parry bypass from it as well.

So the only question is what is base dmg on Precision Strike with say 800 str- since if its anything semi decent kotb should have plenty of dmg in this build, while also having lot of parry + parry pen.
I think at some point that build would break from over emphasise on WS, realistically one has to build a tank trying to balance offense capability with defense. Just 120 WS renown is a big investment for a tank, that should ideally go into defensive renown ( futile strike , full parry, deft defender with reactive def proc weapon).

However in theory , the problem is the low base/scaling of such an ability , for comparison an ib with 800-900 str hit like a noodle with all those base buff abilities like Guarded Attack , Inspiring Attack etc or even Heavy blow without the added dot component.

It seems Precision Strike would fall into line with those, the 15% armor pen could add some pressure vs armored but shouldn't make much of a difference vs casters , shamans and so on.

What could make it a little more interesting is the addinon of AP tactic to be spammed, It just seems logical that Myrmida's Fury will do overall more damage against all targets and be far less demanding on resources.

Zxul

Post#18 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:58 pm

Farrul wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:14 am I think at some point that build would break from over emphasise on WS, realistically one has to build a tank trying to balance offense capability with defense. Just 120 WS renown is a big investment for a tank, that should ideally go into defensive renown ( futile strike , full parry, deft defender with reactive def proc weapon).

However in theory , the problem is the low base/scaling of such an ability , for comparison an ib with 800-900 str hit like a noodle with all those base buff abilities like Guarded Attack , Inspiring Attack etc or even Heavy blow without the added dot component.

It seems Precision Strike would fall into line with those, the 15% armor pen could add some pressure vs armored but shouldn't make much of a difference vs casters , shamans and so on.

What could make it a little more interesting is the addinon of AP tactic to be spammed, It just seems logical that Myrmida's Fury will do overall more damage against all targets and be far less demanding on resources.
Its a solo build though- this is where kotb dps matters.

As far as defense vs ranged while soloing, testing on chosen Improved Flee as a charge + decent regen works much better that trying to build dodge/disr. Every rdps is likely to have 15% or so dodge/disr bypass from int/ballistic + equip, and in addition destro side sh has a tactic for 10% extra bypass.

As for dmg on Precision Strike vs Myrmida's Fury, need to test both to see how much dmg they actually do. Can always use Myrmida's Fury on light armored targets + keep Blazing Blade up, and use Precision Strike as a filler. And then switch to full Precision Strike spam + Blazing Blade on heavier armor targets. Need to test them however- lot of time values on builder are different compared to actual values with a given str value.

Ads
Wyzard

Post#19 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:30 pm

Farrul wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:14 am
Zxul wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:14 amNot sure extra parry is even needed. Lets go with the ws build, to maximize armor pen with Precision Strike.

I think at some point that build would break from over emphasise on WS, realistically one has to build a tank trying to balance offense capability with defense. Just 120 WS renown is a big investment for a tank, that should ideally go into defensive renown ( futile strike , full parry, deft defender with reactive def proc weapon).
The hidden gem of kobs is M1 3600 absorb. and the stat pump m2 basically gives a 2k+ heal.
I've found the M1 really gives an edge to either press attacks or to gtfo a little easier.
Archmage : Darktown Strutter
Kobs : Chezybel
BrightWizard : Wyzard Bard

diegomess

Post#20 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:32 pm

kobs can 1v1 any melee class with their boring reflect dmg build absorb and regen, boring but surelly they will win, you basically kill yourself while fighting them and the best option is just not fight and regen back... way stronger if the kobs is super bolstered.

im sure runefang is not necessary at all just like daemonclaw isnt if you want to deal dmg, maybe only because of the armor pen. Str scaling for tanks is extremely underwhelming
Chosen Dahaka RR88
BO Zamedi 80