Recent Topics

Ads

what happened to the game

Let's talk about... everything else
kklikk

what happened to the game

Post#1 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:49 pm

Long time player. Took a few months off, came back to see new ability system.

Everything seems wrong. Tanks, dont live as long. Weird fights.
DPS seems to have more survivalbility than tanks, instantly dieing twice as fast before on any character.
anytime you get in a 2vs1, its basically impossible to even try.

Something seems really off, no matter what class I try the game seems completely different and wrong.
Am I the only one expereincing this??

Ads
ShadowWar

Re: what happened to the game

Post#2 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:21 pm

kklikk wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:49 pm ...
anytime you get in a 2vs1, its basically impossible to even try.
Am I the only one expereincing this??
Hi, KotBS here! It's still possible to win a fight outnumbered, I fought two WE's at Armory in Praag earlier this morning and killed one of them, so it's definitely worth trying, just be sure to set realistic expectations for your fights.

As for experiencing things: yes! Whole game has changed recently, and people are still figuring things out, and the meta will settle as people figure out the game. This is a pretty exciting time as we all get to figure it out, great to experiment.

kklikk

Post#3 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:43 pm

i wonder if something with the stats like str/tgh were somehow messed up. Because overall damage was supposed to be reduced? But im finding it extra bursty

ShadowWar wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:21 pm Hi, KotBS here! It's still possible to win a fight outnumbered, I fought two WE's at Armory in Praag earlier this morning and killed one of them, so it's definitely worth trying, just be sure to set realistic expectations for your fights.
I dunno about t4. but its very noticeable in t1.

Hazmy
Community Management

Post#4 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:12 pm

kklikk wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:43 pm i wonder if something with the stats like str/tgh were somehow messed up. Because overall damage was supposed to be reduced? But im finding it extra bursty

ShadowWar wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:21 pm Hi, KotBS here! It's still possible to win a fight outnumbered, I fought two WE's at Armory in Praag earlier this morning and killed one of them, so it's definitely worth trying, just be sure to set realistic expectations for your fights.
I dunno about t4. but its very noticeable in t1.
In Tier 1 almost every single class is missing most of their tools and their kits. I know it's not the best answer and can be annoying, Tier 1 is still part of the game after all, but I suggest just ignoring balance there and progressing towards Tier 4 instead.

Tier 1 has multitude of issues that disappear in other Tiers, and while balance could be looked at in lower levels, I don't think that is or should be a high priority at the moment with the state of the new Ability Rework. Gotta crush thoes bugs first!

Tesq

Post#5 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:43 pm

T4 wb dmgs has increased a lot, apparently the procs are the main culprit (?). My guild all in pause due holiday, we hope it gets better, its also cone of fire messing self buffing. My 2h BG seems a lot weaker when before i didnt take as much dmg as now.

Fey

Post#6 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:17 am

Procs are a problem now? Didn't they nerf crown of fire and the sorc equivalent into the ground?

Years ago skull thumper/blurring shock had an idc added so it can't be that.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Kenshiken

Post#7 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:19 am

I was waiting for ability rework and didn't played for months, then, they finally released it and .. I am waiting more to hop back in because it's barebones and game need balance changes and PvE (I don't care about PvE myself) back, like, ASAP .. I dunno why they didn't include them (balance changes) with release of this system (bugs was inevitable anyway)

Active online numbers is abyssmal lately .. wonder why

Nameless

Post#8 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:59 am

Imo bugs fixing is priority. I didnt expected that so many things previously working fine will break. So bug fixing, working pve and then we could talk about balance changes.

Ppl just didnt realise how many things are broken (bugged). That by itself change the meta quite significantly.
The problem is that there is like 1 person that should fix sooo many bugged skills and that will take some time
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Ads
Bozzax

Post#9 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:31 am

IMO there are things that needs to be addressed bf bugs or PVE https://killboard.returnofreckoning.com/
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

kklikk

Post#10 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:35 pm

I think the biggest difference is in SCs. Before it was pretty easy to carry a team to victory, now if that team just sucks, it is impossible. whether that is balance or not idk
Hazmy wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:12 pm Tier 1 has multitude of issues that disappear in other Tiers, and while balance could be looked at in lower levels, I don't think that is or should be a high priority at the moment with the state of the new Ability Rework. Gotta crush thoes bugs first!
ok. I was considering this being an issue. I am a chronic reroller. I love t1 better than anything else. If i ever do make it to 40s SCs, i usually promptly reroll.

Tesq wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:43 pm T4 wb dmgs has increased a lot, apparently the procs are the main culprit (?). My guild all in pause due holiday, we hope it gets better, its also cone of fire messing self buffing. My 2h BG seems a lot weaker when before i didnt take as much dmg as now.
I main order. but yes tanks feel so much weaker now, which is why i suggested something with str/tgh being affected in someway.
I hope all classes get a survivability increase