Patch Notes 10/01/2024

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
TrainInVain

Re: Patch Notes 10/01/2024

Post#71 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:05 am

Dackjanielz wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:53 am
lumpi33 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:04 am
Erolgamer wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:59 am just a reminder, sorc does not have a single KD, neither a self decurse
Its true tbh im still trying to figure out why WP lost the small single target snare that they have while DOK continues to have a free AOE one that's permanantly online - Like seriously, how is this fair between those two mirrors?.....all for one and none for the other?...
Not every ability is on the mirror class. Choppa: chop fasta, Sword Master: whispering winds. I hope it stays that way, to keep each side somewhat unique.

Ads
akisnaakkeli

Post#72 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:31 am

TrainInVain wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:05 am
Dackjanielz wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:53 am
lumpi33 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:04 am

Its true tbh im still trying to figure out why WP lost the small single target snare that they have while DOK continues to have a free AOE one that's permanantly online - Like seriously, how is this fair between those two mirrors?.....all for one and none for the other?...
Not every ability is on the mirror class. Choppa: chop fasta, Sword Master: whispering winds. I hope it stays that way, to keep each side somewhat unique.
Yep, and this is the same thing that there shouldnt be Aoe Melee KD on order, or Pounce and ranged KD on destro side. Or block on anything else than tank using shield. Before they added 2 sec Judgement snare, i had thoughts on forums that if WP is 2H they should add 25-33% chance to snare target for 4s. But after they gave the snare to judgement they also made it 15 resourse points instead of 15 AP and getting back 15 resourse points. FoK+Judgement are the only "throw axe" Skills in the game that can do okay damage and it always clearly was the only way to ether catch/kill kiting target or spam this Ability to get 15resourse to Hot,Detaunt or Cleanse urself.

And with WP ofc the old guilty soul dot/hot if you were in smite range so you had some chances back in the day, now you are out of resourses before even understanding how.

Culexus

Post#73 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:28 am

oaliaen wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:17 pm
sullemunk wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:18 pm Imo the Big brawlin' tactic has more of a downside now than enhancing the skill, esp for a 7 point specc tactic
The trade is too high, 20sec for a low 5 séc snare is a Lot to spend in.

Since aoe snares have been reduced across the board it's a max strength/max duration snare now. But yeah, the 20sec makes Big Swing worse as it effects the mechanic too much. Longer cooldown abilities are fine for Best Plan but don't work in Gud Plan. Pity, thought snb BO may have had something there for a moment.

Whatever happened to the class representative thing they had before balances patches were put on hold? Seems like it would be a good idea for the balance team to get feedback on this sort of thing before patches go live.
Bigun - 85 Black Orc
Brian - 70+ Choppa
Taff - 70+ Warrior Priest
Karak Norn Veteran

akisnaakkeli

Post#74 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:59 am

Culexus wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:28 am
oaliaen wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:17 pm
sullemunk wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:18 pm Imo the Big brawlin' tactic has more of a downside now than enhancing the skill, esp for a 7 point specc tactic
The trade is too high, 20sec for a low 5 séc snare is a Lot to spend in.

Since aoe snares have been reduced across the board it's a max strength/max duration snare now. But yeah, the 20sec makes Big Swing worse as it effects the mechanic too much. Longer cooldown abilities are fine for Best Plan but don't work in Gud Plan. Pity, thought snb BO may have had something there for a moment.

Whatever happened to the class representative thing they had before balances patches were put on hold? Seems like it would be a good idea for the balance team to get feedback on this sort of thing before patches go live.
It feels like a good idea first, but i think someone who knows and can utilize A.I to comb through all of ROR Threads(Dev or similar akkount needed because ALOT of good stuff is not accesible anymore with normal account) And Collect how many times is the same thing said with bit differently etc and then post top-10-list of what is wrong and how to fix it according to the playerbase=)

But a bit more srsly https://imgur.com/a/fMSG5Zr wouldnt hurt!

SpacestarKid

Post#75 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:34 am

Reducing potency of snares is not necessary. 40% is good enough to lower focused pressure. But I agree they all had very long duration, limiting it to 5 sec is good changing on my opinion.
Shogun, Zama, Mashka, Antifreeze, Alcotester

Fenris78

Post#76 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:11 pm

Multiple nerfs of SW (and SH) were really not necessary.

- Why triple nerf the M2 Ambush with both range+radius decrease AND snare duration ? Looks like a bit heavy for a morale mainly used for defensive situations.
Reducing range from 100 to 65ft is plenty enough to ensure this morale will barely be useful anyhow, since 65fr is already in the danger zone of many CC and snares (mara pull, choppa pull with speed increase, stager from chosen are about 40ft, etc).
20 ft radius is ridiculously small, and will barely affect more than half a dozen players in dense chokepoints.

- Reducing damage of ranged AoE to the point it's basically a return to the old Split Arrow tactic, wich was very weak, is also a big step in the wrong direction.
AoE pressure from SW was from Pierce Defense tactic, not AoE Damage (only criticals were decent). I still only see crits for 100-400, far away from BW and Engineer AoE values, and both classes got tools to have more than 65ft range on these abilities.

- Nerfing Eye Shot means you will now need to have another stuff to make for the loss of a 100ft KD, because Eye Shot will never worth investing 1-9 mastery points into it...
While I agree getting now a core ranged KD is pretty pleasant.

- I agree that previous version of assault stance was a bit strong because of bonus to AA damage, removing it completely is not making is for the lack of off-hand weapon, even with a +34% AA speed increase.

This is leaving SW, already in a pitifully weak situation, even more deprived of any form of reliable survival/kiting tools, and even less of DPS burst than before.

I cant tell for SH but I guess since melee build hasnt been touched, the class is suffering less from the patch, even with the loss of ranged kd...

Everdin

Post#77 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:05 am

Is the permanent snare on dok proc as well narfed? Or is it now 5sec snare on order vs perma snare on destro?
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

F4llen4ngel

Post#78 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:48 pm

Fenris78 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:11 pm Multiple nerfs of SW (and SH) were really not necessary.

- Why triple nerf the M2 Ambush with both range+radius decrease AND snare duration ? Looks like a bit heavy for a morale mainly used for defensive situations.
Reducing range from 100 to 65ft is plenty enough to ensure this morale will barely be useful anyhow, since 65fr is already in the danger zone of many CC and snares (mara pull, choppa pull with speed increase, stager from chosen are about 40ft, etc).
20 ft radius is ridiculously small, and will barely affect more than half a dozen players in dense chokepoints.

- Reducing damage of ranged AoE to the point it's basically a return to the old Split Arrow tactic, wich was very weak, is also a big step in the wrong direction.
AoE pressure from SW was from Pierce Defense tactic, not AoE Damage (only criticals were decent). I still only see crits for 100-400, far away from BW and Engineer AoE values, and both classes got tools to have more than 65ft range on these abilities.

- Nerfing Eye Shot means you will now need to have another stuff to make for the loss of a 100ft KD, because Eye Shot will never worth investing 1-9 mastery points into it...

- I agree that previous version of assault stance was a bit strong because of bonus to AA damage, removing it completely is not making is for the lack of off-hand weapon, even with a +34% AA speed increase.

This is leaving SW, already in a pitifully weak situation, even more deprived of any form of reliable survival/kiting tools, and even less of DPS burst than before.

I cant tell for SH but I guess since melee build hasnt been touched, the class is suffering less from the patch, even with the loss of ranged kd...
" even more deprived of any form of reliable survival/kiting tools" - although it doesnt matter, I cant really agree, since a SW can still permasnare, kite, jumpback with teleport "skill" + aoe snare, morale knockback and deal nice dmg, from range, okay, buggy stance changes, still 5s selfspeedboost + reduced AP cost, light armor -> medium armor etcetc, pretty decent tools to be mobile imho. I wouldnt even let SWs to use ranged abilities when in assault stance, but i guess, its just me.
Bicska this Bicska that

Ads
Everdin

Post#79 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:12 pm

F4llen4ngel wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:48 pm
Fenris78 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:11 pm Multiple nerfs of SW (and SH) were really not necessary.

" even more deprived of any form of reliable survival/kiting tools" - although it doesnt matter, I cant really agree, since a SW can still permasnare, kite, jumpback with teleport "skill" + aoe snare, morale knockback and deal nice dmg, from range, okay, buggy stance changes, still 5s selfspeedboost + reduced AP cost, light armor -> medium armor etcetc, pretty decent tools to be mobile imho. I wouldnt even let SWs to use ranged abilities when in assault stance, but i guess, its just me.
permasnare? did i miss something??
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

F4llen4ngel

Post#80 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:42 pm

Well kinda, when needed, yes to keep distance.
Bicska this Bicska that