Recent Topics

Ads

Covenant of Celerity - how does it work?

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Paxsanarion

Covenant of Celerity - how does it work?

Post#1 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:52 pm

Do I understand the Dok aura Covenant of Celerity correctly…..

All group mates within 100 feet of you gain a 20% chance to Cripple anyone that they damage, dealing 187 Spirit damage and reducing the victim's run speed by 20% for 9 seconds.

Does this mean that if I am playing a Sorc, SH shaman and I am in a Doks party and they are running this and I am standing 95 feet away from the dok and I cast a ranged AOE that damages anyone 100 away from me that theoretically I could snare any enemy 195 ft away from the dok ( if we were all lined up in the same direction)? So if this were coordinated with multiple AOE classes within the dok aura both short range choppa or long range Sorc you would have a 20% chance on any damage to the enemy at any range to snare them for 9 seconds?
Seems like you could slow a lot of the enemy at once if this were coordinated with mass AOE both long and short range.

Ads
Absinth

Re: Covenant of Celerity - how does it work?

Post#2 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:07 pm

Paxsanarion wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:52 pm Do I understand the Dok aura Covenant of Celerity correctly…..

All group mates within 100 feet of you gain a 20% chance to Cripple anyone that they damage, dealing 187 Spirit damage and reducing the victim's run speed by 20% for 9 seconds.

Does this mean that if I am playing a Sorc, SH shaman and I am in a Doks party and they are running this and I am standing 95 feet away from the dok and I cast a ranged AOE that damages anyone 100 away from me that theoretically I could snare any enemy 195 ft away from the dok ( if we were all lined up in the same direction)? So if this were coordinated with multiple AOE classes within the dok aura both short range choppa or long range Sorc you would have a 20% chance on any damage to the enemy at any range to snare them for 9 seconds?
Seems like you could slow a lot of the enemy at once if this were coordinated with mass AOE both long and short range.
I think you are kinda missunderstanding how it works, when you cast AoE its not 20% to snare them all, its 20% per target, soo if you have 24 people your chance to snare them all in one aoe is pretty much 0%.Of course if you spam the aoe like mad you will layer it onto everyone atleast once, and yes as long as you are in 100feet range of the dok you have 20% chance to snare your target and deal damage.
Shinee DOK | 40/82
YellowGuard BG | 40/62
NuclearBombs SORC | 40/40

Self-proclaimed PVE and Fashionhammer expert

Paxsanarion

Post#3 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:26 pm

I guess what I am wondering is if you have a DoK, a Sorc and SH and a choppa in a party....the Sorc, SH and Choppa are all spamming AOE at lets say a WB.....then the Sorc has a 20% chance, the SH has a 20% chance and the Choppa has a 20% chance......all of them to slow various parts of a warband at very long range or short range....for 9 seconds......I dont know if Cov of Celerity procs can be cleansed or how easy it would be to cleanse all of them.

lumpi33

Post#4 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:30 am

Paxsanarion wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:26 pm I guess what I am wondering is if you have a DoK, a Sorc and SH and a choppa in a party....the Sorc, SH and Choppa are all spamming AOE at lets say a WB.....then the Sorc has a 20% chance, the SH has a 20% chance and the Choppa has a 20% chance......all of them to slow various parts of a warband at very long range or short range....for 9 seconds......I dont know if Cov of Celerity procs can be cleansed or how easy it would be to cleanse all of them.
Yes, that's how it is working. When you have for example a warband with choppas/tanks/maras/sorcs/mSHs that are spamming aoe and a dok with CoC then your chances of getting snared by being hit with their aoe is VERY high. Then you get pulled, then you get knocked down or vice versa because of different immunities. WPs have the same prayer, just without the snare proc. Same when you are trying to escape and some people are hitting you while the aura is on. It is very likely that you are getting snared, at any range.

Paxsanarion

Post#5 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:55 am

lumpi33 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:30 am
Paxsanarion wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:26 pm I guess what I am wondering is if you have a DoK, a Sorc and SH and a choppa in a party....the Sorc, SH and Choppa are all spamming AOE at lets say a WB.....then the Sorc has a 20% chance, the SH has a 20% chance and the Choppa has a 20% chance......all of them to slow various parts of a warband at very long range or short range....for 9 seconds......I dont know if Cov of Celerity procs can be cleansed or how easy it would be to cleanse all of them.
Yes, that's how it is working. When you have for example a warband with choppas/tanks/maras/sorcs/mSHs that are spamming aoe and a dok with CoC then your chances of getting snared by being hit with their aoe is VERY high. Then you get pulled, then you get knocked down or vice versa because of different immunities. WPs have the same prayer, just without the snare proc. Same when you are trying to escape and some people are hitting you while the aura is on. It is very likely that you are getting snared, at any range.
I was fairly certain this would be the answer. I guess my years of building Order characters were wasted. To think of this aura being active and this effective synergized with broken choppa pulls, Mara pull over the past year or so really tells me everything I need to know. No wonder order plays mostly ranged classes. Who would willingly want to walk into middle of all that AOE spam when this covenant is active?

Time for me to evaluate spending more time on this game.

normanis

Post#6 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:24 am

dok also has tactic to proc covenants more often, by 15%. potent covenants - name
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Absinth

Post#7 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:20 pm

Covenant of celerity is a curse just like every ability on the dok because this is how the whole kit of dok works like, some abilities do something extra if target is cursed. You can cleanse it using warrior priest cleanse or runepriest cleanse. How easy it is? Not really in big fights but in them you already have 20 different people layering 20 different slows. CoC is mostly used for its tactic that increases its damage by ~50% (Bloodthirst, 217dmg->317dmg) paired with the +15% chance to proc your covenants (20%->35%), the slow is just added bonus that mostly matters after the main skirmish ends and you start getting the cowards that run away.

Not to say that you can nicely layer that CoC damage with the Sorc 25% proc to deal damage on attacks and output huge burst damage on aoe spamming classes like mSH.
Shinee DOK | 40/82
YellowGuard BG | 40/62

Absinth

Post#8 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:31 pm

Paxsanarion wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:55 am
I was fairly certain this would be the answer. I guess my years of building Order characters were wasted. To think of this aura being active and this effective synergized with broken choppa pulls, Mara pull over the past year or so really tells me everything I need to know. No wonder order plays mostly ranged classes. Who would willingly want to walk into middle of all that AOE spam when this covenant is active?

First they need to have dok in their party and looking at the past tide of warbands and groups it was not the most wanted pick due to its heal output not being up to par with their counterparts, in pug warbands first you have to get lucky with a dok that run celerity instead of vitality(or often even just armor buff). If we are going based on the past times then destro that was forced to fight into slayer trains because their rdps classes were bad also "wasted their time" who would willingly walk into blob of slayers both stacking multiple impending dooms onto you while everything going thru thanks to rampage, now it changes, the slayer got it impending doom stacking removed, the changes favour proc parties and it shifts, just like in every game. There has to be some movement.

Order played ranged warbands because kits of their rdps allowed for kiting warbands that were able to perform in a way similliar to a normal warband. Ofc i assume you are not talking about meme bitterstones engiee warbands.

Also this slow is nothing compared to the old wave of scorn that was like 50% for 10s if not longer. And it was a 40feet aoe slow...
The amount of slow abilities layered upon you during warbands is nothing compared to a punny proc that is being used due to highest damage output.
Not to talk about all of those nice abilities that make you immune to slows...
Shinee DOK | 40/82
YellowGuard BG | 40/62

Ads
Paxsanarion

Post#9 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:54 pm

Absinth wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:31 pm
Paxsanarion wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:55 am

First they need to have dok in their party and looking at the past tide of warbands and groups it was not the most wanted pick due to its heal output not being up to par with their counterparts, in pug warbands first you have to get lucky with a dok that run celerity instead of vitality(or often even just armor buff). If we are going based on the past times then destro that was forced to fight into slayer trains because their rdps classes were bad also "wasted their time" who would willingly walk into blob of slayers both stacking multiple impending dooms onto you while everything going thru thanks to rampage, now it changes, the slayer got it impending doom stacking removed, the changes favour proc parties and it shifts, just like in every game. There has to be some movement.

Order played ranged warbands because kits of their rdps allowed for kiting warbands that were able to perform in a way similliar to a normal warband. Ofc i assume you are not talking about meme bitterstones engiee warbands.

Also this slow is nothing compared to the old wave of scorn that was like 50% for 10s if not longer. And it was a 40feet aoe slow...
The amount of slow abilities layered upon you during warbands is nothing compared to a punny proc that is being used due to highest damage output.
Not to talk about all of those nice abilities that make you immune to slows...
I get what you are saying ….. What concerns me is long range Classes for example casting long range, AOE from the outer edge of the covenant celerity aura being able to snare a number of people from 195 feet away which means effectively you have the possibility of scaring someone anywhere from 195 feet away to close range.

Anyway, I’m not gonna go back-and-forth about individual abilities because that’s not really my point my point is that destruction has all the tools they need at any range to do whatever they want. Order does not currently in my opinion. I could be wrong, but I don’t think so. I’ve been playing for too many years :-)

I’m not going to go back-and-forth regarding al

Nekkma

Post#10 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:04 pm

Both sides have the much more potent snare puddle so aoe snaring from 100 feet range happens all the time regardless of side you play. Describing snare covenant as a 195 feet snare is just wrong. It is a proc and limited to the range between the attacker and its target.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron