Recent Topics

Ads

[SW] How do we kite now ?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Kerayes

[SW] How do we kite now ?

Post#1 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:34 am

Hi, since the fact that we can't shoot in the back and the nerf of snares. I struggle to kite in sc.

If my Whirling Pin is dodged or blocked, it gives simply no distance between the danger and me because they catch me at the landing =D

Our Takedown's snare isn't enough anymore. And using the Vengeance to get the knockdown is too much sacrifice.

So the ultimate solution is the M1 and that's it.

PS : That struggle is vs 1 ou 2 premades in mid-tier, and it's almost 100% of my scenarios when i'm playing (destro time).

Ads
Pahakukka

Re: [SW] How do we kite now ?

Post#2 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:36 am

You can shoot behind you, but i requires strafing and is a bit tricky. I had to learn some new keybinds as i was not able to click morals anymore😀.

I think that eventually stubborn enemy that can tank your dmg Will catch you tho. At least My IB has Been able to get hold on few sh's.
Tinbitz rr8x BO
Daewuur rr8x Magus
Deawuur rr8x engineer
+ lots of rr50-60 toons, including 1 healer!

-"renown pinata for small groups"

zumos2

Post#3 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:17 pm

You have to strafe to shoot behind. To help with kiting you can try Guerilla Training
Zumos - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: The Unlikely Plan - Deep and Dry - Dark Omen

Farrul

Post#4 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:16 pm

Best advice is to just not play SW until they can debug the class, the core mechanic not working is reason enough to not play.
zumos2 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:17 pm You have to strafe to shoot behind. To help with kiting you can try Guerilla Training
Can't since stances are broken.

zumos2

Post#5 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:23 pm

Farrul wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:16 pm Best advice is to just not play SW until they can debug the class, the core mechanic not working is reason enough to not play.
zumos2 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:17 pm You have to strafe to shoot behind. To help with kiting you can try Guerilla Training
If you have stances on the bar that swaps abilities, just remove the stance button from the stance you are in. Example, in Skirmish stance, remove the Skirmish stance button. The reason stances turn off is because the stance is clicked again when you are already in it.

Btw I do think this toggle behaviour should be removed, but this is a temperary fix.

reynor007

Post#6 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:42 pm

zumos2 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:23 pm
Farrul wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:16 pm Best advice is to just not play SW until they can debug the class, the core mechanic not working is reason enough to not play.
If you have stances on the bar that swaps abilities, just remove the stance button from the stance you are in. Example, in Skirmish stance, remove the Skirmish stance button. The reason stances turn off is because the stance is clicked again when you are already in it.

Btw I do think this toggle behaviour should be removed, but this is a temperary fix.
what the hell, it will turn off if you press it before 5 seconds have passed, after changing the stance, 5 seconds should pass before it can be used again. denying that it is broken is not understanding the game at all
WH - mdpv 80+
WE - Witchrage 80+

zumos2

Post#7 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:48 pm

reynor007 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:42 pm
what the hell, it will turn off if you press it before 5 seconds have passed, after changing the stance, 5 seconds should pass before it can be used again. denying that it is broken is not understanding the game at all
The fact I call this a temporary fix implies that it is more or less broken. Maybe read properly before making remarks as "you don't understand the game"

reynor007

Post#8 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:30 pm

zumos2 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:48 pm
The fact I call this a temporary fix implies that it is more or less broken. Maybe read properly before making remarks as "you don't understand the game"
I got you don’t be angry my friend, I need a translator, but he doesn’t always convey the meaning correctly
WH - mdpv 80+
WE - Witchrage 80+

Ads
Ashoris

Post#9 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:52 pm

reynor007 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:30 pm
zumos2 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:48 pm

I got you don’t be angry my friend, I need a translator, but he doesn’t always convey the meaning correctly
It is also broken that it removes stance when you hit ANY stance while using an ability with casttime (but gives you the 5 sec cooldwn)
or even when you hit ANY stance while knockdowned :) (removes stance does not apply new one but gives timer)
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

Kerayes

Post#10 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:06 am

I do strafe but can't shoot with a perfect 180°, so i need to adjust it and it is enough to lose safety distance litle by litle.