Recent Topics

Ads

Addon for Range tracking

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Ysaran

Addon for Range tracking

Post#1 » Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:32 pm

Do you know if there exists an addon that helps you keep track of the distance from your target?
Zputadenti

Ads
Zxul

Re: Addon for Range tracking

Post#2 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:47 am

Yep would like to know as well, to see if target is in range of ability which doesn't requires target, like chosen's Quake.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ysaran

Post#3 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:57 am

that would be cool, but i just need an addon that tells me how far is my target. i read that it is possible to do it with RV_MOD or targetring, but i can't figure out how to do it
Zputadenti

Omegus

Post#4 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:01 am

Nope, the distance to your target(s) is not information that the add-on system has access to. The only distance information it has access to are the 2D/top-down distance between you and other map markers which is how things like Enemy display the somewhat inaccurate distance between you and people in your party/warband as it cross-references the names of the people in your party/WB with the names of the map markers (the blips that show the location of who is with you).

The best you can do is an estimated range based on ability checks, e.g. if your 5ft targeted ability is out of range but your 30ft targeted ability is in range then an add-on can guess that the enemy is further than 5ft away. That's about it really...
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Butzinjo

Post#5 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:05 am

Think that is what „rangechecker“ from idrith is doing.

Ysaran

Post#6 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:09 am

Omegus wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:01 am Nope, the distance to your target(s) is not information that the add-on system has access to. The only distance information it has access to are the 2D/top-down distance between you and other map markers which is how things like Enemy display the somewhat inaccurate distance between you and people in your party/warband as it cross-references the names of the people in your party/WB with the names of the map markers (the blips that show the location of who is with you).

The best you can do is an estimated range based on ability checks, e.g. if your 5ft targeted ability is out of range but your 30ft targeted ability is in range then an add-on can guess that the enemy is further than 5ft away. That's about it really...
That's more than enough for me. Just want to make sure my FoDG is going to connect since i can't run to my target anymore :lol:.
Butzinjo wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:05 am Think that is what „rangechecker“ from idrith is doing.
I will try it, thank you very much!
Zputadenti