Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 06/02/2024

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Speedyluck

Re: Patch Notes 06/02/2024

Post#211 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:19 pm

othr wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:11 am You turned slayer into a subpar melee dps class with only one viable spec that suffers from a terrible berserk mechanic. High risk/high reward is no longer true for this class, your average white lion easily outdamages and outlives them.
it is the case it seems. its easy to spot whats everybodys favourite at killboard.

Ads
othr

Post#212 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:35 pm

I mentioned WL but I could have just as easily mentioned MSH, there's been a series of slayer adjustment that just turned the class into one of the most mediocre MDPS classes. No utility, subpar damage, high risk, requires a lot attention from support classes. The only bonus is that it's a half naked dwarf with a cool background story.

Nameless

Post#213 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:08 pm

Slayers were top pick for basically all game modes. Often even 2 of them at group. So it is good to be toned down abit to be more in line with other dps picks.

It is different story if they over nerf them. But the community need more test time to see where they will end
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Bergbart

Post#214 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:28 pm

Slayers are still top tier dps. Damage is still top. A 5 point ability that bypasses 20% parry and block(30% if you add strength) every 30 sec(selectable at the time you need it) yeah really bad that thing. Well take the part gets an Ap Finisher for it:P
And to demand compensation for a completely exaggerated skill you can't imagine.
Be glad that the devs had changed it so I would have beaten you down to 15% without customization...

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

HarkonenTimber

Post#215 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:04 am

For good players the new version of Rampage does not even result in a nerf but adds a different way of playing. It's still powerful, its less braindead, and rewards proper usage timing-wise. I have not been fond of balance reworks the last couple of years but there is clearly an improvement trend in how rebalancing is done now compared to 2017-2022 period.
Doyoustretch - BO

ravezaar

Post#216 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:41 am

I like how ppl saying not a nerf when it clearly is, and then the description comes from a Black Orc. lmao

Its a massive nerf to what was a OP skill, but dont sugarcoat it into something cause u wanna downplay it. I do agree Rampage nerf is huge buff to Black Orc
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

Dackjanielz

Post#217 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:18 am

As someone who used Rampage in a single target sense it was perfectly fine as it was, it was only OP in the AOE sense and now that its been nerfed the ST build i was using is just garbage compared to how it was before...

Is it good for the majority of AOE users? perhaps.
Is it good for Trollslayer players? Nah its terrible.

So is it a good change overall?
i think the class in general needs more tuning personally.....Ultimately it is a nerf in my books.

Much like choppa with GTDC this class should not be depending its ENTIRE life on a single skill, i dont know how many players would agree with me on this but id be happy to see Rampage thrown in the bin and replaced with something else entirely - BUT ofc i would expect everything else to be tuned correctly to compensate for this loss.

rrrutsss

Post#218 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:34 am

ravezaar wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:41 am I like how ppl saying not a nerf when it clearly is, and then the description comes from a Black Orc. lmao

Its a massive nerf to what was a OP skill, but dont sugarcoat it into something cause u wanna downplay it. I do agree Rampage nerf is huge buff to Black Orc
How is it a buff for BO if BO could and can shatter rampage?
Hardly any BO cared if you popped rampage or not if they had at least 3 braincells they just shatter it instantly.

Fighting against SL got fairer for every other meele class now.

Ads
ravezaar

Post#219 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:11 pm

rrrutsss wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:34 am
ravezaar wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:41 am I like how ppl saying not a nerf when it clearly is, and then the description comes from a Black Orc. lmao

Hardly any BO cared if you popped rampage or not if they had at least 3 braincells they just shatter it instantly.

3 classes could shatter it before, few did now they dont have to. It was mainly a buff to Des but so sick and tired of Des players trying to downplay a obvious nerf to something else.
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

akisnaakkeli

Post#220 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:21 pm

rrrutsss wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:34 am

Rampage happens to be last one to get shattered, some skills get interesting treatment. Rampage was very nerfed because it was overbuffed to insane degree to what it was in Live War. In live not one undefendable skill bypassed morale avoidances except another morale that does dmg. In live there was 0 undefendable or other skills that IGNORED GUARD MECHANIC. 24 aoe cap vs 9 with Undefendable skills ignoring guard mechanic and morale avoidance skills is just idiotic design.

No aoe heal debuffs(bring back dps dok hd i mean who the hell decided that you need to spec for the skill SE AND take tactic to make it single target heal debuff? just make SE 50% HD without the tactic. Change tactic to work like original Guilty Soul 9s spirit dmg dot/hot) Also Original WP heal debuff was 25% with 20 second cooldown. Now it's 50% with 10s Cooldown while WP also gets access to 25% heal debuff proc that stacks to 75% HD against healer. Destro gets 0 of these 25% HD procs in Subjugator/Fort wpns and Order has 4 classess that gets them. Very Fair when you gut aoe HD and dps dok completely and then give 25% HD procs to 4 order classes and 0 destro.

Dont bring up chosen aura or any skill, we are talking about wpn procs and they definetely shouldnt be for "Order only" or "Destruction only" . Original Rampage was great and should be reverted to that, which means 9 ae cap and no undefendable guard dmg and not going thru morale avoidances.
Last edited by akisnaakkeli on Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.