Ads

Patch Notes 06/02/2024

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Detangler

Re: Patch Notes 06/02/2024

Post#241 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:49 pm

hogun wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:36 pm
Dackjanielz wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:02 pm More tank stuff? Cool.
Lets see...

Redirected force for SM could probably just be replaced with something, currently its a bit of a nothing burger.....Personally id love to see wall of darting steel actually defend your guard target [ adjust the stats accordingly ] - this would be amazing 2h utility.

I still question if Vauls tempering is working or not, sometimes i get snared then use it and im still snared afterwards [ bugged? ].

Personally i'm happy with new IB ability i think its pretty sweet to have something that helps the team out.....Maybe look into Oathstone as ability, nothing wrong with it as such...the x4 block is great but the damage output is so minimal i wonder if there's any point to it really?

IB isn't known for being a porcupine like Knight so perhaps have it do something else?
Mostly a knit pick though tbh it wouldn't be end of the world if it stayed same really.

Not sure i can think of anything for knights, mostly good tbh.

:

This segment is a pipe dream....

Id like to see Grace priests become a more official tank build, we are always in short supply of tanks so simply adding another to the roster would just be great + fun.
Replace shielding grace with Guard, maybe give them Challenge? PVE Threat?

the heal on strikes needs to go and be replaced if you ask me, there's so many problems that come with that mechanic, divine strike and radiance are so easily shut off and it creates this "stressful" style gameplay where you cant press any other buttons but spam them to keep everyone going.

Divine assault could go to Wrath as that's basically what everyones doing already, might aswell make it official.

Maybe Grace could be a good canidate location for Grumble n mutter to go perhaps?
I don't mean any disrespect but I think you don't know IB very well. .....
INSULT! PERSONAL ATTACK! Call in the full force of the mods! This poor person has unfairly and unjustly been savagely disrespected in front of the entire RoR community!!!11!!
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Ads
akisnaakkeli

Post#242 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:51 pm

Lets see...

Redirected force for SM could probably just be replaced with something, currently its a bit of a nothing burger.....Personally id love to see wall of darting steel actually defend your guard target [ adjust the stats accordingly ] - this would be amazing 2h utility.

I still question if Vauls tempering is working or not, sometimes i get snared then use it and im still snared afterwards [ bugged? ].

Personally i'm happy with new IB ability i think its pretty sweet to have something that helps the team out.....Maybe look into Oathstone as ability, nothing wrong with it as such...the x4 block is great but the damage output is so minimal i wonder if there's any point to it really?

IB isn't known for being a porcupine like Knight so perhaps have it do something else?
Mostly a knit pick though tbh it wouldn't be end of the world if it stayed same really.

:

Id like to see Grace priests become a more official tank build, we are always in short supply of tanks so simply adding another to the roster would just be great + fun.

the heal on strikes needs to go and be replaced if you ask me, there's so many problems that come with that mechanic, divine strike and radiance are so easily shut off and it creates this "stressful" style gameplay where you cant press any other buttons but spam them to keep everyone going.

Divine assault could go to Wrath as that's basically what everyones doing already, might aswell make it official.

Maybe Grace could be a good canidate location for Grumble n mutter to go perhaps?
I don't mean any disrespect but I think you don't know IB very well. "Oathstone" the maximum I've done with this skill is about 1356hp/tick ...I think you can say it's a skill that does damage. well I'm not saying you shouldn't add a group skill, I'm just saying you should put it in place of "Avenging the Debt". finally, the proposed "blood of grimnir" skill is inferior to that of the BO for the same number of points. so why should the BG have the equivalent of WW and be easier to access? (not the same mechanics as the SM) is it balance? no its not. and why dont nerf BG damage?
lots of unanswered questions
BG has alot of goods. 2h Kd and Shield kd only 5s Kd in the game. Longest St Punt and 50% Cooldown reduction is built on the skill if you use 2h, and doesnt require tactic like all others. Insane Toughness amounts possible and easy soft cap toughness in every builds because Terrifying Foe 45% 20s buff. Free Hate when hitting enemy because originally they didnt have Dark Protector like IBs, but people complained, bg got dark protector, IB didnt get Grudge when hitting. Probably really just oversight and not caring from Live Devs.

BG has 15s aoe 10% parry/block debuff with 10s CD. Bg gets 40ft aoe 10% Criticals received debuff also with 100% Up time, They get Core Absorb skill which is also one of a kind. And now they can also CD reduce for party. Maybe it belongs more for BO if it does belong at all? Why cant BO's use THC Snb when you look it like this. 25% AA dmg for both IB and BO would get use if 9pts skill not 13. Make Down ya Go core for Blorcs put Waaagh to 9 pts and 13 Pts the new Punt but Longversion without tactic. and Runic Shield core for IB and then replace with earthshatter and give IB's Grumble an mutter back to 13 pts

ShadowWar

Post#243 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:54 pm

Hazmy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:27 pm It's important to note that the current changes that are going live, are still mainly targeting Tanks with supplemental adjustments to other Careers.

The main balancing phase of Healers and Damaging Careers haven't started yet. We are planning on explaining this more in an announcement very soon!
What are the design goals for each of the tanks?

hogun

Post#244 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:55 pm

@akisnaakkeli not in disagreement with you

before the patch that nerfed grudge/hate generation, it was slightly easier for the BG to generate this ressource. but now it has created a real difference. which creates even more imbalance between these two classes. and the devs have chosen to nerf HB...except that no grudge no damage! i hope they will correct that too!
Last edited by hogun on Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65aHhb4kCJU
DAMMAZ KRON !
Hogun - IB 80+ Hoguun RP 80+ Hogunn ING 80+ HOG Slayer 80+ Gor IB 2M 50
(KOBS,WH,WP,BW,SW,WL,SM,BO,CHOSEN,SH,MAGUS, MARAU ,CHOP,SHAM )40+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyJx3So8q6o

Dackjanielz

Post#245 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:56 pm

Detangler wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:49 pm
Lets see...

:

I don't mean any disrespect but I think you don't know IB very well. .....
INSULT! PERSONAL ATTACK! Call in the full force of the mods! This poor person has unfairly and unjustly been savagely disrespected in front of the entire RoR community!!!11!!

Grimnir's beard!

Ok Oathstone stay as it is, im fine with that - as for IBs new ability, yeah make it on par with black orcs, sure.

You can do as you like, just dont hurt me!

Mortgrimm

Post#246 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:50 pm

My conclusion after longer testing of the new Blood of Grimnir on IB:
The skill is not really an usefull replacement for GnM. AP bot is not a spec anymore. And u take away the bit self heal for solo player.
I guess noone would pick it in warbands as SnB cause of all the aoe channel.
It may be okay in small scale if u have at least 2 melee dps with high aa as u boost the dmg. In a duo it´s already very questionable.
A no go as solo.
This ability is way too high in the tree. U are forced to break a good gear set to get the channel AND the BoG. The 30 grudge it costs are too high as IB already has problems getting grudge fast enough. 15 grudge is maybe a way but not sure it would be enough to make it an option.

I also have a question regarding the nerf of HB. Why ppl think it was OP and had to be nerfed? It is one of our very few abilities that deal dmg anyway.

All together it´s a big down for the IB for me.
Mortgrimm - IB - guild leader of Thurisaz
Sayalena - WL - Thurisaz
Thorhammer - WP - Thurisaz

othr

Post#247 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:19 pm

Please back out some of the choppa changes, like the damage increase. Also remove the pull component from GTDC, the pull diarrhea is out of control.

Rotgut

Post#248 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:50 pm

Mortgrimm wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:50 pm My conclusion after longer testing of the new Blood of Grimnir on IB:
The skill is not really an usefull replacement for GnM. AP bot is not a spec anymore. And u take away the bit self heal for solo player.
I guess noone would pick it in warbands as SnB cause of all the aoe channel.
It may be okay in small scale if u have at least 2 melee dps with high aa as u boost the dmg. In a duo it´s already very questionable.
A no go as solo.
This ability is way too high in the tree. U are forced to break a good gear set to get the channel AND the BoG. The 30 grudge it costs are too high as IB already has problems getting grudge fast enough. 15 grudge is maybe a way but not sure it would be enough to make it an option.

I also have a question regarding the nerf of HB. Why ppl think it was OP and had to be nerfed? It is one of our very few abilities that deal dmg anyway.

All together it´s a big down for the IB for me.
To add to this, i think Balance Team did a great job at making Destro choose between BG or Blorc in oRvR, but it did not work for Order. After testing both SM and IB in WBs, there really is no reason to bring an IB over a SM if you can.

IB's best tool is the ability to buff both mdps in his party with Crit and Parry, but the problem is that ever since Rampage got changed, both factions do all their damage on contact now. The 12 seconds or so (counting the little bit of time you need to build Grudge) that it takes to buff both dps is too long. By the time you have it up, dmg drop is done for both sides so Crit Buff's value goes down and you only had Parry for one mdps. And if Order didn't break Destro on first contact then Destro is gonna come back with Morales (which is really overtuned with all the buffs to morale drain Destro classes), and the double Parry Buff you managed to apply doesn't do anything against that. And yeah, Blood of Grimnir doesn't really do anything besides its synergy with Watch An' Learn, Attack Speed buff is bad for oRvR and it takes took long to cast the spell, by the time its worth to spend a GCD on it the fight is over - or about to be, cuz you're gonna get Bellowed and M2 dropped by all the Maras while you're still halfway to your own M2.

SMs on the other hand have a lot of essential tools.

Ads
Dackjanielz

Post#249 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:21 am

i would agree that the new ability probably is too expensive for what it does.
and lowering it in the tree wouldn't be the worst idea.

An idea id like to throw out there for Oathstone is instead of doing dmg [ because who cares about dmg as a tank anyway? ] maybe when it blocks it does some other beneficial effect.

Say i dunno, everytime you block your group m8s get healed a small amount or something.

I suppose Knights glory tree is still a bit of a mystery to me.
Maybe make Sunfury a bit better at what its doing.

Emissary
Community Management

Post#250 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:59 am

Loving the energy and ideas flying around here about the game changes. It's great to see everyone so involved. Quick heads up though: if you really want the balance team, especially Dalen, to dive deep into your suggestions, how about starting a dedicated feedback thread in the forum here ?

This thread is packed with great points, but they might get lost in the mix. A separate thread could help make sure your ideas get the spotlight they deserve.

Just a thought. Keep the ideas coming, and thanks for helping make the game better!
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!