Recent Topics

Ads

best butchering class for destro

Let's talk about... everything else
kuvktk

best butchering class for destro

Post#1 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:06 am

so question is basically is in the title.

magus vs shield dok vs zeal vs someone else?

Ads
rady

Re: best butchering class for destro

Post#2 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:42 am

My choppa does it just fine. Probably mara is better.
Ris IB
Risx 8Xrr SH (retired)
BO 85rr (retired)

Fey

Post#3 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:59 am

Butchering is mainly used for creating armor potions and absorb potions. Armor potions are farmed at an order PQ in South Black Crag. In stage one you'll need to run around single pulling wyvrens. In the second stage of the PQ it switches to groups of 8ish wyvrens, with one of them being a champion.

Marauder does well because you have charge to run around in stage one, and good aoe to quickly wipe camps in stage two. I imagine Meatball SH, and Choppa do well because from a pve standpoint they all have similar kit. In reality any class can do it.

People always argue about which class can kill the fastest and most efficient. I find that when I'm farming I'm not really going for max efficiency, because I'm usually eating, or watching something else, and not playing that seriously. Armor farming in particular is tied to the PQ which resets and will prevent you from farming for ten or so minutes.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

kuvktk

Post#4 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:06 pm

ah, interesting. so the difference between classes for farming armor pots is basically marginal? but how about absorb pots? how do ppl farm those?

Poknok

Post#5 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:33 pm

Agree with the above comments about Mara being a good pick. Not the only choice, but real good.

Mostro tree has good AoE, plus the self heal from stance procs can reduce downtime even if you're leveling or not super geared.

TrainInVain

Post#6 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:00 pm

kuvktk wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:06 pm ah, interesting. so the difference between classes for farming armor pots is basically marginal? but how about absorb pots? how do ppl farm those?
Bats. Also think Pegasus.

I sometimes farm scorpions instead of wyverns for armor to get toughness matts at the same time.

You can google butchering guide and get spread sheet with locations.

shoelessHN

Post#7 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:29 pm

Assuming you roll the class only for butchering and don't really gear them up end game, I'd go dual wield dok.