Recent Topics

Ads

DPS DoK Rotation guide video by Dourdenn

A place for people to post their RvR or PvE videos.
Just hope you're not the target :)
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
reynor007

Re: DPS DoK Rotation guide video by Dourdenn

Post#11 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:30 pm

ravezaar wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:26 pm
ravezaar wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:24 pm
reynor007 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:07 am in the new patch, slayer, of course, easily kills any dok, gkd was removed from riposte, while leaving the rage boost now a good slayer will probably kill any melee dps, including def WE
same goes for any Mdps using riposte, and its not removed but set to 0.25. Many classes can specc high parry tho and since Rampage is now completly worthless in 1v1 situations u can do so without issues really
It's funny that many people think that rampage is useless 1v1. I can prove to anyone that this ability has become much stronger in 1v1 combat, but for most players this is certainly not the case, now you need to turn on your brain and think about when its effect need to use, not just press 1 button NB
WH - mdpv 80+
WE - Witchrage 80+

Ads
ravezaar

Post#12 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:26 pm

reynor007 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:30 pm
ravezaar wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:24 pm

same goes for any Mdps using riposte, and its not removed but set to 0.25. Many classes can specc high parry tho and since Rampage is now completly worthless in 1v1 situations u can do so without issues really
It's funny that many people think that rampage is useless 1v1. I can prove to anyone that this ability has become much stronger in 1v1 combat, but for most players this is certainly not the case, now you need to turn on your brain and think about when its effect need to use, not just press 1 button NB
Iv bin Solo playing Slayer since its launch in 2009 and iam not the only one that thinks so. Its is much much worse now. I dont specc it anymore but I can also make a montage where it works if I cut out all the fails. Never used NB was one of those who argued for its removal just fyi, u cried when ppl attacked u WL vid but seems u have np backlashing in return. Good day to u
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

reynor007

Post#13 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:05 pm

ravezaar wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:26 pm
reynor007 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:30 pm
Iv bin Solo playing Slayer since its launch in 2009 and iam not the only one that thinks so. Its is much much worse now. I dont specc it anymore but I can also make a montage where it works if I cut out all the fails. Never used NB was one of those who argued for its removal just fyi, u cried when ppl attacked u WL vid but seems u have np backlashing in return. Good day to u
ahahahkhk, I know that you are one of those who do not like me, and justify it by my game in your opinion in broken classes
but everything is much simpler, I just know the game inside and out, and I don’t need to play in the same class for 10 years to understand it
As for my video about WL, in it I made fun of the **** ******* who was running after me after 20 minutes, while realizing that he would never kill me and was just stopping me from playing at the same time, he talked about me every time on stream, and also wrote that he could easily kill me but I once again proved that skills and knowledge are most important and defeated him in a fair fight, online 200+
he gave me a strike on the video, and with my other haters he started trying to troll me As a result, I was just humiliated once again)
Last edited by Hazmy on Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Excessive Cursing
WH - mdpv 80+
WE - Witchrage 80+

Hazmy
Community Management

Post#14 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:22 pm

Please stay respectful to each other, or we will have to lock the post.

ravezaar

Post#15 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:01 pm

will do Hazmy sry, also I dont hate u Mdpv iam just saying regarding new Rampage u are wrong, and anyone can make something look good given enough fights and edit still dosent change the fact the skill is now a shadow of what it was before nerf. and in 1v1 the Core skill of mdps Numbing Strike is far superior imo even tho it has its limits
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

reynor007

Post#16 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:17 pm

ravezaar wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:01 pm will do Hazmy sry, also I dont hate u Mdpv iam just saying regarding new Rampage u are wrong, and anyone can make something look good given enough fights and edit still dosent change the fact the skill is now a shadow of what it was before nerf. and in 1v1 the Core skill of mdps Numbing Strike is far superior imo even tho it has its limits
you talk about the nerf but you forget to say, the ability no longer costs rage, which means you don't lose 25% damage at the very beginning and get knocked down 5 seconds earlier and if I'm not mistaken it doesn't have a common gkd the only negative is that the slayer cannot penetrate m1 and full parry tank
WH - mdpv 80+
WE - Witchrage 80+

bene86

Post#17 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:29 pm

And this Post should still be about the DOK Rotation ;-)

amaroq

Post#18 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:50 pm

Alright this thread took a hell of a turn rofl. Just wanted to give some general guidance to new DoK enjoyers but I would like to try and share some of my experiences at least vs some of the mentioned situations and mechanics.

First off for Mr. Zxul. I don't think we can compare anything you have about what you experienced as a DPS DoK from years ago or from live as the spec has undergone many changes and is nothing like it was on live. Information that old is literally irrelevant. Oh and P.S. a well played well geared DPS DoK/WP is not dyeing to your WE or WH inside of M1 parry. Proper use of detaunt/kiting(pre kiting if you're really in the groove)/pots/self HoTing will allow you to live through M1 and even WHs 12secs of 100% parry. I have done it many times and I have several videos displaying this.

Saying Slayer will win easily vs DPS DoK every time b/c of riposte buff is also silly. Yes it does give them a much better chance considering the odds of losing to a Slayer 1v1 pre recent patches was very low and now the potential dmg spam from riposte will be scary. This is not enough to completely wipe off a dps DoK when Rend Soul still has the potential to heal upwards of 1.6k/hit with some RNG luck(A.K.A. crits) and rampage can still be shattered that hasnt changed any. And without it being 100% bypass a geared DoK is still pushing 60% parry if they are BiS and stacking it. P.S. the few Slayers I have run into have not killed me yet. Who knows mabe that'll change next time I run into Tyrgrim or Tosh but we'll see.

The takeaway for new DoK enjoyers reading through all this and to make it relevant for what the post/video was actually about xD make sure you are prioritizing Consume Enchantment and develop good control of detaunt in your fights!
Good luck and have fun DPS DoK is still incredibly fun! Even if Rend Soul is still bugged our the azz ;(
Dourdenn - rr8x DoK

Ads
reynor007

Post#19 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:32 pm

amaroq wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:50 pm Alright this thread took a hell of a turn rofl. Just wanted to give some general guidance to new DoK enjoyers but I would like to try and share some of my experiences at least vs some of the mentioned situations and mechanics.

First off for Mr. Zxul. I don't think we can compare anything you have about what you experienced as a DPS DoK from years ago or from live as the spec has undergone many changes and is nothing like it was on live. Information that old is literally irrelevant. Oh and P.S. a well played well geared DPS DoK/WP is not dyeing to your WE or WH inside of M1 parry. Proper use of detaunt/kiting(pre kiting if you're really in the groove)/pots/self HoTing will allow you to live through M1 and even WHs 12secs of 100% parry. I have done it many times and I have several videos displaying this.

Saying Slayer will win easily vs DPS DoK every time b/c of riposte buff is also silly. Yes it does give them a much better chance considering the odds of losing to a Slayer 1v1 pre recent patches was very low and now the potential dmg spam from riposte will be scary. This is not enough to completely wipe off a dps DoK when Rend Soul still has the potential to heal upwards of 1.6k/hit with some RNG luck(A.K.A. crits) and rampage can still be shattered that hasnt changed any. And without it being 100% bypass a geared DoK is still pushing 60% parry if they are BiS and stacking it. P.S. the few Slayers I have run into have not killed me yet. Who knows mabe that'll change next time I run into Tyrgrim or Tosh but we'll see.

The takeaway for new DoK enjoyers reading through all this and to make it relevant for what the post/video was actually about xD make sure you are prioritizing Consume Enchantment and develop good control of detaunt in your fights!
Good luck and have fun DPS DoK is still incredibly fun! Even if Rend Soul is still bugged our the azz ;(
you are a really good dok and it’s great that you share your build and knowledge with others, there are only a few of them on the server but on my WH I killed any dok, including you after the patch I think things have changed a bit and now it's 60/40 in favor of dok, but before the patch, WH wins the fight 9/10
WH - mdpv 80+
WE - Witchrage 80+

Zxul

Post#20 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:10 pm

amaroq wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:50 pm First off for Mr. Zxul. I don't think we can compare anything you have about what you experienced as a DPS DoK from years ago or from live as the spec has undergone many changes and is nothing like it was on live. Information that old is literally irrelevant. Oh and P.S. a well played well geared DPS DoK/WP is not dyeing to your WE or WH inside of M1 parry. Proper use of detaunt/kiting(pre kiting if you're really in the groove)/pots/self HoTing will allow you to live through M1 and even WHs 12secs of 100% parry. I have done it many times and I have several videos displaying this.
Here is the problem. You don't have only to deal with m1 parry. You also have to deal with 75% heal debuff so your hot won't do much, you have to deal with constant dmg pressure while your lifetaps don't heal for all that much past high toughness, as well as few other possible things (fun example- using long stealth + short stealth to put 2 different openers on you in same time). And then, speaking my old WE RA spec, you need to deal with 4+ k burst after armor mitigation in 3 sec while also facing 100% parry, followed by another 4+ k burst likely 4 sec after (Whirling Blades tactic works nicely with RA spec). While your lifetaps don't do anything cause of absorb pot. Was fun really, too bad devs double nerfed RA spec in abilities patch, leaving WEs only with WB spec.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh