Recent Topics

Ads

Meta classes

Let's talk about... everything else
chronoxsp

Meta classes

Post#1 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:19 pm

Hi:

What are the meta classes on this patch? I'm mostly insterested on ranged and healers for SC and WB.
Thank you.

Ads
Haskr

Re: Meta classes

Post#2 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:05 pm

Healers I see most are Runepriests/Warriorpriest, Dok/Zealot.
For range dps I think during proc meta right now its sorceress/bright wizzard

Rotgut

Post#3 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:13 pm

Ranged for SCs - all of them.

Ranged for WBs (i'm assuming u mean true ranged, cuz a Sorc/BW/SH in WBs are basically melee dps) - Engis, Magus, Shadow Warriors.

Healers for SCs - all of them.

Healers for WBs - all of them, kinda. To be more specific: WBs want 4 Rune Priests and 4 Zealots, for their 25% Incoming Healing Buff and AP pumps. They also wants a lot of DoKs and WPs because its a "proc meta" atm, and their Damage Prayer/Covenant are great. And you want an AM or Shammy because they have AoE slows and the best WB Healing spell in the game.

As soon as they nerf proc meta tho, it will probably shift back to 4 RPs/Zealots, 2-3 AMs and Shammys, 1-2 WPs and DoKs.

And who knows, maybe they'll nerf RPs and Zealots so u aren't heavily incentivized to bring 4 of them in every WB.

Speedyluck

Post#4 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:38 pm

WL and choppa, look at killboard its obvious.

Sandinio

Post#5 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:57 pm

Imho for WB meta:
Zeal/RP (others are ok too)
No ranged at all (BW, Sorc and mSH play as melee DPS)
ORDER
Sandinio - mDPS follower KotBS - 40/80
Acutor - Bombing BW - 40/68
Derrak - retired Slayer - 40/4x
Gurat - sWP - 40/4x
and few others

DESTRO
Sandiago - new mDPS follower BG 40
Guraoth - sDoK to see the difference to sWP 40

trh382

Post#6 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:13 pm

If your goal in playing a meta class is to be top heals/dps/protection - its hard to say because the meta is in flux.

Currently the meta healer that will always be invited on both sides, unless there is a very substantial mechanics rework, is the Zealot / RP because they bring unique and very powerful group buffs (runes/aoe shielding/group ap pump/group healing buff)

See Rotguts post for the current meta power classes

juzziex

Post#7 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:41 am

Speedyluck wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:38 pm WL and choppa, look at killboard its obvious.
Last time I was here (2-3 weeks ago) I was led to believe WL was the weakest class in the game since the new patch LOL.

Farrul

Post#8 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:31 am

juzziex wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:41 am
Speedyluck wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:38 pm WL and choppa, look at killboard its obvious.
Last time I was here (2-3 weeks ago) I was led to believe WL was the weakest class in the game since the new patch LOL.
BW/WP proc meta makes the WL aoe shine. The Wl class per se is in a broken state due to pet being dysfunctional, and without procs from other classes the WL AOE build is kinda weakish and nerfed compared to previously.

Ads
zulnam

Post#9 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:44 pm

Not much in terms of ranged meta. BW/Sorc are the only ones accepted in warbands but you have to be good and know how to play point blank aoe.
On occasions you might see a WB running one aoe SW or a Magus/Engi, but it's mostly because of friendships rather than "omg we have to have one".

Healers is easy since warbands are rarely picky when it comes to support classes. Hardest to play are indeed AM/Shaman, but only because of the play style. Easiest are probably WP/DoK imo.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Elfo7

Post#10 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:43 am

What is exactly the sorc proc meta? Frozen fury tactic?

Also, why do people say sorc plays as melee dps? Because of disastrous cascade?