Recent Topics

Ads

SM 2 tactices should be buffered

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
kam080

SM 2 tactices should be buffered

Post#1 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:02 am

The perfect defenses and calming Winds should get a buffer duration of 5-10 seconds.
I'm Sunrays a KOTBS

Ads
akisnaakkeli

Re: SM 2 tactices should be buffered

Post#2 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:22 am

Linecracka/Wez Bigger to have any worth needs speed buff without tactic, at least to yourself if not full grp. Also these new 2h punts. They shouldnt require tactic to be effective. Minimal changes what both need imo. Snb thc back, and Original Absorb Phantoms Blade back to SM.

CyunUnderis

Post#3 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:23 am

No

teoklas

Post#4 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:41 am

akisnaakkeli wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:22 am Linecracka/Wez Bigger to have any worth needs speed buff without tactic, at least to yourself if not full grp. Also these new 2h punts. They shouldnt require tactic to be effective. Minimal changes what both need imo. Snb thc back, and Original Absorb Phantoms Blade back to SM.
100%, also revert back ether dance damage to what it was before patch and remove 5 seconds CD from wall of darting steel, and "cant hit me" of black ork. They ALWAYS getting interrupted whenever u need them the most and if u 2h is ur death sentence (at least IB and BG have some HP regen and kobts and chosen are tankier)
Blade Enchantments (and black ork auras) need rework too, either make them more unique in what they do (why not an aura that gives 3 seconds speed bonus whenever you are hit by a spell, or an aura that reflects a % of magic damage back to the user for all group members for swormaster,
and an aura that enhances your party's damage everytime you land a killing blow and an aura that buffs your party wounds if their HP is bellow 50% for black orc)
or make them work like kobts ones, fire and forget.

I'm all up for BO and SM not having ST punt and keeping instead the damage and AOE punt they used to have just to make them stand out and preserve some of their flavour, i dont like that all tanks now have to feel the same for the sake of ranked balance wich nobody does anymore, but thats just me.

Farrul

Post#5 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:49 am

Tbh these tactics requiring perfect stance to be effective always felt to situational, the whole stance dance mechanic of SM(and BO) is imho the worst and least user friendly class design in the game.

I get it the original devs at mythic tried to be creative but the system is clunky and the new punts are a reminder of this fact. No idea why ror devs decided to tie punts into it, feels awful. Should have been no stance requirement.

Rapzel

Post#6 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:07 pm

Nice, RoR community seems to be able to regress in their level of thinking. We now simply ignore first order consequences even.

I thought we hit an all time low as BG got chopp fasta, but apparently thats not even close to the bottom.

Acidic

Post#7 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:23 pm

CyunUnderis wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:23 amNo
Would have to go with this. It concisely deals with all the arguments put forward as to why this buff is needed.
And yes I play both BO and SM

Fey

Post#8 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:49 pm

Any tank without a decent punt is just dead weight.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Ads
Aethilmar

Post#9 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:07 pm

Fey wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:49 pm Any tank without a decent punt is just dead weight.
That statement shows very limited thinking.

Also, to the original suggestion, there does need to be something where the effects carry over to encourage stance changes. The entire point of the SM (and BO) mechanic is they need to move through them. There should be a significant benefit for doing so and if it gets interrupted or stopped there should be a significant penalty.

And folks who don't like that mechanic have two other tanks they can play (also goes for punt as well).

kam080

Post#10 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:15 pm

another suggestion of tanks get pulling skills (both ST/AOE).

viewtopic.php?t=52626
I'm Sunrays a KOTBS